YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

So the game I'm trying to create is China Vs The World (all Civ's, all DLC's) on Giant Earth.

Scenario 1 :
Starting the game with all DLC's and all Civs - crash to main menu.

Scenario 2 :
Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and starting a game with all Civs - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Scenario 3 :
Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and removing USA from the Civs list (suggested by LucTempest) and starting a game - Game starts and works perfectly (100 turns so far).

Scenario 4 :
Adding those lines (suggested by Gedemon) and turning on all DLC's and all Civs included - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Code:
<Properties>
       <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder>
</Properties>

Is it possible that there's a problem in loading something related to the Americas ?

So the game I'm trying to create is China Vs The World (all Civ's, all DLC's) on Giant Earth.

Scenario 1 :
Starting the game with all DLC's and all Civs - crash to main menu.

Scenario 2 :
Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and starting a game with all Civs - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Scenario 3 :
Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and removing USA from the Civs list (suggested by LucTempest) and starting a game - Game starts and works perfectly (100 turns so far).

Scenario 4 :
Adding those lines (suggested by Gedemon) and turning on all DLC's and all Civs included - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Code:
<Properties>
       <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder>
</Properties>

Is it possible that there's a problem in loading something related to the Americas ?

Because it is quite ´´personalized´´ - you have to find out which mods does not work for you. For me it was Poland, Aztecs and Australia. Just check it :) for me it took a lot of time, but I could not play on normal maps :D

Scenario 4 :

Code:
<Properties>
       <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder>
</Properties>

At what point does it crash to desktop exactly ? you see the loading screen of civilization you've selected ? before the start button is shown ? after clicking it ? do you use the "enforce TSL" option ?

Could your post your lua.log just after a crash ?

At what point does it crash to desktop exactly ? you see the loading screen of civilization you've selected ? before the start button is shown ? after clicking it ? do you use the "enforce TSL" option ?

Are you going to update the mod, if you can do something by your side?

So is GitHub updated with a working file now?
That's the problem now: it's on Firaxis side, there is no way for a mod to add those lines in the base game's file, you'll have to edit the file manually (or someone may upload a zip with all the corrected .modinfo to overwrite the corresponding game's files)

But that's not a proper fix, it's a workaround, a real fix would be to correct whatever is causing the load order of DLC files to be messed up with R&F (and not vanilla civ6) when some mods are activated, I have no idea why (and remember that I don't have/want R&F to make more tests) but it seems that when some mods are activated (or only YnAMP ?), the game's try to load, for some DLC (but why only some ?), the expansion compatibility file before the data the file is supposed to update, locking the DB because of missing reference (and sending you back to main menu)

And only Firaxis has the tools to fix that (no, don't buy me R&F expecting me to do it, I really can't)

I click the button to start the game (for some reason it says "Continue Game")
The game actually starts (map, units, GUI - all loaded fine)
2 seconds after it starts, without doing anything, screen flickers once, game crashes, and I get Firaxis' reporting tool asking if I want to report this...

Enforce TSL is OFF.
YnAMP - Using the version from yesterday which disables TSL.
Logs attached.

Update:

I found this in Lua.log:

AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerLeader : LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT
AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerTeam : -1
AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerDifficulty : DIFFICULTY_PRINCE

Can it be the problem ?

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
That's the problem now: it's on Firaxis side, there is no way for a mod to add those lines in the base game's file, you'll have to edit the file manually (or someone may upload a zip with all the corrected .modinfo to overwrite the corresponding game's files)

But that's not a proper fix, it's a workaround, a real fix would be to correct whatever is causing the load order of DLC files to be messed up with R&F (and not vanilla civ6) when some mods are activated, I have no idea why (and remember that I don't have/want R&F to make more tests) but it seems that when some mods are activated (or only YnAMP ?), the game's try to load, for some DLC (but why only some ?), the expansion compatibility file before the data the file is supposed to update, locking the DB because of missing reference (and sending you back to main menu)

And only Firaxis has the tools to fix that (no, don't buy me R&F expecting me to do it, I really can't)
THIS IS THE FIX: extract it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\ and replace

Attachments

• fix.rar
    4.1 KB · Views: 546
i dont know if anyone else asked but will the new expansion effect the max map size limit or will it stay the same?

I click the button to start the game (for some reason it says "Continue Game")
The game actually starts (map, units, GUI - all loaded fine)
2 seconds after it starts, without doing anything, screen flickers once, game crashes, and I get Firaxis' reporting tool asking if I want to report this...

Enforce TSL is OFF.
YnAMP - Using the version from yesterday which disables TSL.
Logs attached.

Update:

I found this in Lua.log:

AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerLeader : LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT
AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerTeam : -1
AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerDifficulty : DIFFICULTY_PRINCE

Can it be the problem ?
logs seems fine, not sure what's the issue here, you may try without the auto city naming option perhaps ?

anyone know why its crashing whith city states? runs fine with them off

I'm having the same issue I think. Game starts, waits, yhen crashes. I'm gonna 'fix' all the dlc's, and see if that works. But I suspect its something else.

Maybe something to do with the new city-states?

how many "players" (civs+CS) on the setup screen ?

I play since 4 hours - with 20 city-states and 13 leaders from the new expansion, many dlc´s.
It works now, since I´ve changed the code in the problematic dlc.

With Ludicrous - I think it´s the old problem, where this size was not playable anyway.

Fixed all my dlc like you show it previously. I started with Ludicrous size, all 36 civ and 40 CS, no barbarians, with real name, no turn limits. Game crashed after 2nd turn.

p.s. TSL not working

Thanks, I have a theory, but I need someone to edit some of the game's files.

It would require to edit the .modinfos that are found in each DLC folder, for example for Poland it's Poland_Jadwiga.modinfo found in "..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Poland_Jadwiga"

In all file, find the <UpdateDatabase> tag related to the expansion, for Poland it's this section:
Code:
        <UpdateDatabase id="PolandJadwigaGameplay_XP1" criteria="PolandJadwiga_Expansion1">
            <File>Data/Poland_Jadwiga_Expansion1.xml</File>
        </UpdateDatabase>

and replace it with this:
Code:
        <UpdateDatabase id="PolandJadwigaGameplay_XP1" criteria="PolandJadwiga_Expansion1">
               <Properties>
                <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder>
               </Properties>
            <File>Data/Poland_Jadwiga_Expansion1.xml</File>
        </UpdateDatabase>

Not that you may not have to edit all modinfo, the fastest way to test this would be to activate all DLC, R&F and YnAMP, then launch a game, and after being sent to the main menu, open Modding.log, search for "ERROR: Failed to release save point", it'll give you a file name above like this:
Code:
[1994494.475] UpdateDatabase - Loading Data/Poland_Jadwiga_Expansion1.xml
[1994494.483] ERROR: Failed to release save point.

In the case above, test by editing the modinfo for the Poland DLC, if it point to a file from another DLC, edit that one.

If there is more than one line with "ERROR: Failed to release save point" edit all corresponding modinfo files.
I've edited the corresponding mod files but it still won't load. It keeps giving me the Poland error even though I made the edit. Any idea what's wrong?

Attachments

• Modding.rar
    9.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Poland_Jadwiga.rar
    962 bytes · Views: 152
how many "players" (civs+CS) on the setup screen ?

I'm trying to use all the civs (except no dupes), and I max out the cs slider because I've never bothered to count how many cs's are actually in the normal game. I allow for spawns if no TSL is present. I think that means I have to add 8 civ slots in addition to what is normally there for the giant map.

But Russia is still wide open... I can't imagine that the game is having trouble finding starting locations for any orphaned city-states.

I can get it to work as long as I don't go over the preset civ # limit.

Hmmm. Didn't this come up before, and you told us to change a number in a xml somewhere?

I'll start checking the old posts.

edit: ok, i found your post about max number of civs being 62/63. I'll see if I'm going over that cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom