YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

YnAMP works on scripts, not map files, so you can't do that (add only a few things using the WB), if you want to create your own map in civ6 map format, you'll have to put every start position (and NW) on it.

To add or edit something simple to a ynamp map, see the corresponding threads in this subforum.

I've not written the tutorial to import/export a complete map in ynamp script format, but it's complex.

Not sure that this is a mod or game issue but my civ founded a pantheon but all the pantheon choices had been taken so I was stuck on that screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to force the game to end turn?

Hi there,
I have a different error occuring when activating R&F with Ynamp. Game loads normally but when it starts it doesn't generate the Settler and the Warrior for the Civs but races through the turns with a totally hidden map. Can anybody help?

Do you use the newest version from Github or Steam? The version from this page (beta 6.2) is too old.

Further suggestions :
- Did you install the DLCLoadOrder-Fix?
- Disable all other mods until the game works.
- Do not use a saved configuration. Start a completely new setup for your game.
- How many civs and CS do you set? The total number has to be smaller now due to Free Cities. Start with a smaller number of Civs and CS until it works.
- Do you use "Force TSL"? I had a similar problem in the beginning with endless turns and did not use it for a while until I had reworked the CS table.

I installed and removed the Fix - no difference.
Only mod besides ynamp is the gold ressource activation. With Moar e.g. the game returns to the start menu screen.
I use always fresh games, no saved configs.
I reduced the civs on giant map size to 12 and to 30 CS.
I don't know what force tsl is.

no more bugs reports here please, post your logs in the bug reports section.

my guess is that an old version of the mod is still installed in your mods folder.

Wow, right on the spot! Deleted the Ynamp-folder in the mods folder, restarted the game - et voilà it all works marvelously :) Thx for the quick support!
Those small "original" map sizes really annoy me... :)

Thanks @ historix for the link to force end a turn. Kinda a pain to have to force end each turn but I guess that's the price you pay if you don't bother to grow religion. I was play testing Shaka and focusing on military production a luxury resources (so my people can deal with war weariness) and almost all the CS's I encountered were trade or culture focused. What is the best forum to kick this up to the game developers? Surely with all the DLC's they have added since release they have gotten this feedback right? Maybe there should be a penalty for being a "Godless Heathen" and not founding a pantheon in time?

Maybe we could simply duplicate all pantheon beliefs and add them to YnAMP. Or make a separate mod.

(God King usually helps for the pantheon as well as a relic from a tribal village (luck).)

Also occurred to me that the AI doesn't suffer this problem and is able to end turn if all pantheons are taken. I wonder what routine the program uses to cancel the found pantheon option if they are all taken?

I regularly get notifications that X civ has chosen the Pantheon (blank). I assume because they have all been used up with max civs in the game.

@Gedemon
Is there a way to custom place multiple Free Cities (R&F : CIVILIZATION_FREE_CITIES) and Barbarian Camps / Barbarian Cities on the map for Giant Earth via the Map.xml file?

Long time reader and user, first time in a while commenter. Gedemon, you have given me hundreds, possibly thousands of hours of joy, and I am truly grateful.

I don't know if this has been touched on before, but Tamar of Georgia starts surrounded by three mountain tile. Given the terrain in the region this isn't a concern, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to tweak down to two mountains and how I could do that. I'm using the Genghis Kai's (Hormigas) Giant map 180*94.

I will note that I love/hate that Cyrus always spawns next to me but then proceeds to overextend himself and I get his cities for free when they rebel. ;-)

I would have to look about the whole logging thing, how to enable it and so on.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-get-the-log-files-before-reporting-a-bug.619054/

@Gedemon
Is there a way to custom place multiple Free Cities (R&F : CIVILIZATION_FREE_CITIES) and Barbarian Camps / Barbarian Cities on the map for Giant Earth via the Map.xml file?
I plan since some time now to add some minimal scenario capabilities (cities/territory/improvements/units placement) to YnAMP, but haven't found the time to code it yet.

I don't know if this has been touched on before, but Tamar of Georgia starts surrounded by three mountain tile. Given the terrain in the region this isn't a concern, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to tweak down to two mountains and how I could do that. I'm using the Genghis Kai's (Hormigas) Giant map 180*94.
see https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nd-resources-of-a-ynamp-map-using-xml.621147/

I tried starting the game with YnAMP Giant Earth, all leaders and 30 city-states plus a few other mods (bau, time x10, truly abundant resources, UD icons) and the game crashes (entirely, not just back to main menu) after the game is loaded (i can already see the starting settler/warrior). Any idea why this happens and any way to fix?

Top Bottom