YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Wow.. *this* should really do it for me!
Never realized how powerful some of those options can get when someone truly finds how/what to do properly. Thanks a lot! :)

EDIT

It worked.. almost perfectly.

TSL_Oceania1.png

Except for the City-States that didn't match the regular TSL settings.. Piopiotahi + Chocolate Hills + Uluru + GBR + Zhangye Danxia.. all showed up exactly as expected. Even Kupe's stranded settler fleet spawned north-east of New Zealand.
Superb results.. when correctly setup.

Now onto try fixing the City-States scrambling -- if possible.

Last edited:
Okay.. i think i know what happens with the City-States random effects.
The function seems to distribute anything on a pre-determined cycle based on world-wide availability & from Date/West Latitude to the East.

Soooo.. since the TSL pool of South-East Asia is slotted in the far end of that sequencing & the custom Great-Earth area in use has limited CS amounts... i only got some of them by requesting at least 40+.. but only 5 showed up.

Weird. Can it be fixed??

Only way to have a specific selection of CS is to use a mod that remove most of the others, as the selection is random from the full list and made in the core code of the game.

Makes sense in terms of code logic.. but, for certain gameplay "conditions" it's a bit weird.

Anyway, i've already started making a few personal adjustments (directly to the default GiantEarth XML files) for this wacky Oceania context alone.

-- Pushed down one of the custom "NorthBorder" (named America-Europe, IIRC) config value from 88 to 80 to give a little more settling (but not too much) space to Korea & Japan with enough of Kamchatka + their true Northern Island and also, to make sure Mongolia spawns correctly (it just didn't with NorthMeditteranea/Asia) along side "Ubsunur Hollow". Visually better without Polar Ice or too much Tundra tiles.

-- Had begun commenting out a few "un-needed" CS to check out if Jakarta (Bandar-Brunei) & Nan Madol would finally show up. Still testing that stuff around.

So far so good.

EDIT; No luck with getting any other CS above the usual minimum of 6 with the constant first five being; Kabul + Mohenjo-Daro + Kandy + Hong Kong + Auckland.
Neither Nan-Madol (listed but tile/terrain location might be invalid?) or Bandar-Brunei (supposed to be from "Jakarta", conflicting with Gitarja Capital?) ever spawn.

I managed to re-locate Valletta in the middle of Australia (91,15) near Uluru though.

Still wishing the GiantEarth scripts would allow some form of control over the valid CS pool according to custom "rectangular/region" choices we make.

Alright .. simple edits of the X-Y for both Nan-Madol & Bandar-Brunei allowed them to spawn correctly.

1) <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_JAKARTA" X="84" Y="32" /> <!-- (In Borneo) -->
2) <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NAN_MADOL" X="111" Y="37" /> <!-- (New Island) -->

:scan:

Hi there! I hope I'm not putting it randomly but have a quick question.
I tried multiple games on giant earth and the latest one I barely filled it with AI. Like less than 30 civs and 3 city states but after about 200 turns (Near nuclear era) the game suddenly crashes.
I try to reload but it crashes on the same point. Am I missing something? This mod used to work perfectly before GS DLC

Similar issue here. I tried two different games on Giant Earth (180 x 94) with the new French leader with 40+ civs (including Gedemon civs like Massai, Tibet, etc.) and 12 CS. Everything goes fine until the end of the first World Council voting (around turn 245). I tried to reload both games several times, but it crashes at the same point.

@zon - Fwiw, adding the following lines for each of the different map scripts to my customconfig file eliminated the double entries:
Code:
<Maps>
  <Delete Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="TerraMap.lua" Name="LOC_TERRAMAP_NAME" Description="LOC_TERRAMAP_DESC" SortIndex="0"/>
  <Delete Domain="Maps:Expansion2Maps" File="TerraMap.lua" Name="LOC_TERRAMAP_NAME" Description="LOC_TERRAMAP_DESC" SortIndex="0"/>
  <Delete Domain="Maps:Expansion3Maps" File="TerraMap.lua" Name="LOC_TERRAMAP_NAME" Description="LOC_TERRAMAP_DESC" SortIndex="0"/>
</Maps>
For whatever reason it doesn't seem like they are necessary anymore if a map script is defined for StandardMaps. Now whether that's a correct read or not - :dunno: - but, it does work and the scripts/map types are still available for all RuleSets.

u rock, thx @Laurana Kanan <3

unfortunately, it won't work or fix it on my end. prolly i missed parts of the logic?

Last edited:
unfortunately, it won't work or fix it on my end. prolly i missed parts of the logic?
I see you're directly editing the files instead of using a separate user customization file. In the case above you've actually got Terra Map delete statements in the Giant Earth file. And, in any event, if you're directly editing the files I'd just try commenting out (i.e <!-- ... -->) the Maps table rows instead. Using the Giant Earth as an example:
Code:
<Maps>
   <Row File="GiantEarth.lua" Name="LOC_YNAGEM_NAME" Description="LOC_YNAGEM_DESC" SortIndex="1"/>
   <!--<Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="GiantEarth.lua" Name="LOC_YNAGEM_NAME" Description="LOC_YNAGEM_DESC" SortIndex="1"/>
   <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion2Maps" File="GiantEarth.lua" Name="LOC_YNAGEM_NAME" Description="LOC_YNAGEM_DESC" SortIndex="1"/>
   <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion3Maps" File="GiantEarth.lua" Name="LOC_YNAGEM_NAME" Description="LOC_YNAGEM_DESC" SortIndex="1"/>-->
</Maps>
You'd need to do every map script this way.

ahh, gotcha - gonna try to edit my custom.xml file instead - thank you @Laurana Kanan :) EDIT: works like a charm. now if i only could figure out how to avoid the consistent crash when founding city no. 120 sth - any idea @Laurana Kanan ?

I counted, it is in round one - no city states / ai cities founded - when, at exactly the point when founding (for testing purposes) city no. 161 that the game CTDs.

Apologies for the German :) Basically I'd just love to go beyond the restriction of 160 cities (no crash) up to 250 cities, which are sort of possible with GiantEarth's space and optimal city distances.
Any help or pointers much appreciated.

now if i only could figure out how to avoid the consistent crash when founding city no. 120 sth - any idea @Laurana Kanan ?
Sorry, I can't really offer much help with that. If it's a straight CTD those are difficult to diagnose. All I can recommend is the usual - make sure graphics drivers are updated, verify game file integrity; check the database, modding, & Lua logs for errors; etc. There are a couple other things I've also read that have helped with certain game crashes since GS - Use smaller map sizes and/or lower graphics settings. In particular, the anti-aliasing setting needed to be lowered, changed to MSAA, or turned completely off iirc.

I see some of you guys got this to work with GS. I tried Giant Earth but I get the error: There was an error starting this game, we recommend disabling any mods and trying again. One or more of the startup scripts has an error.

Trying to play on a bigger map, but anyone have any ideas? Or is it not compatible at all yet?

Hi all, long time watcher and user of this amazing mod. I too am plagued with the late game crashes and no matter what I try, reducing GPU memory use etc, eventually I have to give up on a save game. To me, a realistic Earth map is the biggest and most important thing about Civ, in my view totally essential. Random maps really detract from my personal enjoyment.

I'm not a modder by any stretch and I really don't know how to read logs/LUA for clues as to why my crashes occur. One thing I do know, my machine is brand new and should easily be coping with Civ 6.

So my question is to the community, what can we do as a group to take this back to the devs as a support issue? Will they flatly say "this is a mod issue, go away", or is there a way to can make them acknowledge this is a base game issue?

Do these crashes occur on randomly generated large maps as well?

Hi There. I can double on that. Due to the late game crashes, I've stopped playing this game :(
I've noticed now as soon as I reach a certain turn, the game crashes no matter what I do.
The only error i see under database.log is this:

[4206388.422] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (GamePlayText_zh_Hans_CN.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Language, Value: zh_Hans_CN
[4206388.422] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file GamePlayText_zh_Hans_CN.xml.

Other than that logs look clean. But if anybody can help fix it, I can share any logs needed. I have a save game just before the turn where the game crashes. So if needed I can reproduce this issue and provide you logs.
Just please guide me what exactly is needed if it can help the investigation.

Thanks!

thx @Laurana Kanan @mtlciv @dshole @Lohit I do enjoy realistic GiantEarth game sessions the most too. Even upgraded my system just for that, set up Windows 10 anew etc. Certainly not a GPU or OS issue, I am sure. Neither lack of RAM or CPU speed.
EDIT: ran a test with YNAMP mod only enabled, Giant Earth, 17 AI civs + 41 CSs + human player. CTD on founding city no. 184 in round one (i pre-spawned those settlers for testing). it seemed to "hold" longer that with other mods for i.e. Gedemo's CSs enabled, but I highly doubt that's it. I got all logs copied and saved, but I am really bad in making sense of them [yet].

Last edited:
Top Bottom