YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I'll have to handle that for the "real world region" placement rules too.

Not sure how yet.

Guys, I have a question:
In my game cavalry is not attacking cities.
So far ok, but whole barbarian horseman armies or a greek knight armies with 5-10 units are just sitting around my cities and wait till killed from Archers or crossbowmen...
Someone an idea where the commands for units are which define this AI habit.

Natural wonders:
Cliffs and dead sea are there - maybe we can get a few more?

Missing gold - this is a firaxis issue, yes? One of the most important sources of our civilization through centuries is missin' . Maybe they want to sell it with a DLC for Inkas Gold or Treasure fleets ;-)

keep on rolling :-D
Great job!

Hello new here, but been a lurker for ages. Played all Civs from Civ 1 on my 486 PC to CIv 6. Big thanks to Gedemon for creating this, always find it strange Firaxis does not include it in the core game.

Anyway played a first game yesterday with the Greatest map and TSL on. One minor bug it seems that some units who embark and go on land stay a little ship. Not sure if it is due to the mod or just my game playing tricks. Will try again tonight and report back.

or increase luxurie spawn lol also i had a weird issue where i couldnt put a pasture or whatever is used for sheep on the sheep luxury.. was really odd.

or increase luxurie spawn lol also i had a weird issue where i couldnt put a pasture or whatever is used for sheep on the sheep luxury.. was really odd.

be sure there is no Forest or swamp ... remove it with a builder

A random suggestion that I'm not sure is possible. For the map scripts larger than Huge is it possible to add a minimum distance between civs? I know with the light ruleset you increased the Max distance between civs but it's still extremely common to have an AI spawn 8 or 9 tiles from you. Part of why I enjoy playing your map pack and scripts is they let everyone have some breathing room (Except Europe on the Earth Map) and it seems Civ VI is even worse about dumping the AI within spitting distance than V was.

I'm the same type of player as the person above. Not to mention there is a strong need to create true islands, archipelago and small land mass map scripts, my preference. I am a builder, I prefer to not have any other civs around until later on. Thanks guys keep up the great work. :D

Oh I'm a hardcore warmonger. But the game just isn't fun when Gilgamesh, Norway and France are all within 10 tiles screaming at you for founding a city.

Last edited:
I seem to have an issue with the map... I know it's still in an early stage of development, but since my search in this topic didn't really come up with anything, I'm assuming it might not be a bug in general, so there might be something wrong with my system that could be fixed. I'll try describing it here, maybe some of you guys have an idea.

At the end of turn 84, when the next turn is being calculated, the game always seems to calculate the new turn for about 2-4 seconds, and then crashes to desktop.
I'm playing as Japan on the Giant Earth Map with the medium rule set, the map size set to enormous and a total of 16 civs, with no barbarians and no tribal villages.
I'm running a Windows 10 Anniversary 64bit OS on a Samsung Evo 850 SSD with an i7-5820k OCed at 4.0GHz with 16GB of RAM and a Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme.
Up until now, the mod had been running smoothly, with very little loading times between turns and no noticable problems.
I don't think anything I've done with my faction during the turn could have caused the problem, since by the end of the turn nothing gets built, no units really move and nothing really is happening with my faction. There is an Indian Hindu apostle coming into view that wasn't there before though (problably to backstab my good ol' Japan-friendly Shinto buddies in Seoul) , shortly before the crash happens, so I don't know if that has anything to do with.... well, anything.

I'll include the exe.dmp here, not sure if that's of any use...

So... If you need any more info or if any of you guys might have any ideas how to solve this, I'd greatly appreciate it... I'd really love to continue my game on this amazing map, it's been such fun until now. =)

Attachments

• CivilizationVI.exe.dmp.rar
    31.3 KB · Views: 84
I'm running the Giant Map on an older machine, and not having any big problems. I've had one crash, but was able to reload. Sometimes when I quit the game, it freezes, and I have to restart my computer, but the games are preserved.

I've noticed that on some loads, the music is choppy, or it sounds like it can't decide what to play. This is what was occurring during the one crash I experienced. I am guessing its a loading issue, because usually the problem isn't there. So in the future, if I load and the music is off, I'm just going to reload. When the problem isn't there, the game is very smooth still, even with all the civs hitting their expansion phases.

Knock on wood.

edit: Think I should point out, too, that I just popped about 3 dig sites per city. I mean, 3 dig sites within my borders, on average, per city. Didn't import resources though, used the generator. So, again, I'm guessing that the generator paints additional resources to what is already there, and what is already there probably includes did sites, so I'm getting double-whammied on the dig sites.

Unless you need something tested late game on Alpha 3, this might be a good time for me to stop the game.

Last edited:
Having a great time playing as China against 20 ai's on a Ludicrous-size Giant Earth Map (alpha 0.6).

The map and mechanics are rock solid after 500+ turns on a i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX970
with many graphic options set to lowish values.
No barbarians makes for a much faster game, but won't suit everybody's taste in gameplay. Boohoo. :)

As I see it, barbarians were a mere nuisance in previous Civ games but they are a key ingredient in early game Civ VI, forcing the player to manage growth while fending off waves of invaders. Once the player's forces are strong enough, the barbarians retreat to the borders where they remain an ever present nuisance to be reckoned with from time to time. The AI civs become the new antagonists and the focus shifts to dealing with them over time. I will not enjoy the GEM without barbarians for this reason. But it also appears that the vast expanses of empty space in the GEM leave too much room for barbarians to reach unmanageable numbers that seem to choke the program itself. So playing without them may be necessary unless a realistic means is found to curtail their expansion. Perhaps there needs to be an upper cap on their growth and numbers, lest they run rampant everywhere. I have not tried playing GEM with the work-around yet so cannot say it is a solution to this problem. I'm unsure of how to go about implementing it anyway, being no programmer. I do hope a workable solution is found and included in GEM in a fashion that allows us non-technical types to enjoy the map because it has always been one of my favorites.

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Alpha .7

• add Old World and Europe rules to limit the choice of Civilizations to a specific map
  • add 14 new CS (starting from medium ruleset) including Civilopedia entries and TSL for Giant Earth and Greatest Earth (no special abilities ATM)
  • add tables for resources placement (used on Giant Earth only ATM)
  • add table for City map (no code yet)
  • fix: allows standard rule set options (no barbarian, no goody huts) to be shown with any ruleset
  • add options for Real World Deposits, Exclusion/Exclusive Zones and Civilizations Request for Resources (used on Giant Earth only ATM)
  • move "medium" barbarian setting to "advanced"
  • add more TSL (from Civ5 minors) to Greatest Earth Map
  • add double movements on ocean, more movement on roads to "medium" ruleset
  • export some resources statistic in lua.log after map creation
  • add an automated balance pass around TSL (food/production)
  • complete rework of Japan on the Giant Earth, including cliffs (thanks to Imij for the new tiles suggestion)
  • add two of the great lakes to Africa on the Giant Earth
  • add an Oasis for Arabia near Mecca TSL on the Giant Earth

Last edited:
A lot of code has changed, but I've done almost all my tests on the giant earth with the new resources placement code, which means that I may have broken something in the other/maps option without knowing it, I'd like to know if everything old still work as intended.

I won't have a lot of time for modding until next weeks, but I'll try to explain later how the resource placement is working with the new table if some of you would like to have a go at changing the table (or adding them to the 2 other maps)

TIA

You are great ....

Also has not yet possibility to change name of the city ?

It's too bad because have a extraordinary map (thanks thanks thanks) and not being aple to bénefit fully her .... It's overwhelming !!

Because "La Rochelle" at the place to Rome or "Marseille" at the place to Londres it's not funny ... but humorous so.

And one question :

Is possible to use Alpha 7 with a game saving in Alpha 6 ??

Or should be restars a game ?

Hi I have problems updating from the early version to the newest. It sticks to the old.

Anyone else experienced this?

The map is generated once on a new game, you wont see any change on a map from a saved game.

And I'd suggest to delete the old folder when upgrading.

Top Bottom