1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Arvedui

Arvedui Great Prophet

Boribori, maybe this happens because there is forest where the iron is. In a randomly generated game, this never occurs. So, you just need to remove the forest first. I think this is the solution.

boribori likes this.
  2. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Sometimes, probably usually, that is the issue - resource is in the woods. And yes, chopping first works. Sometimes the resource is on a floodplain. I don't think floodplains allow mines, period.

boribori likes this.
  3. dshole

dshole Chieftain

Edited

Loving all this already and it's great to see an Earth map so early.

Just some thoughts, with the greatest (the smaller) Earth map, the Pacific seems to small as does Australia. Japan is so close to the US and Hawaiian islands. I assume the idea is to give more space for Japanese island expansion, but does this not discourage overseas expansion?

Another thing I guess is Scandinavia and north Europe.

Of course I fully appreciate this is in Alpha and it's not real life! Keep up the great work! The Civ community is counting on you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  4. Jermz

Jermz Chieftain

i had the same issue, whereby my gf and i could host LAN or online private, but we couldnt select 'join' after creating. The way around it was we selected a standard map joined the server then changed the settings. The other problem is the join button is greyed out when loading a save using the map.

These issues happened when trying to start or load greatest world map and giant map. We didnt try europe tho.

5. lumat83

lumat83 Chieftain

Hi all.
    Congratulation Gedemon, your mod is fantastic !
    Just a thing : I don't know why, but since the last version (Alpha 6) There are'nt any city-states anymore. At least in west europe, I only tried french civ.
    Is it right ?
    Otherwise, good luck for the future. I am impatient !
    Luc

6. Lehnardtsson

Lehnardtsson Chieftain

I tried the mod with the greatest (the smaller) Earth map, very good so far
    But personally i would really appreciate a smaller map. (I like to play with 8-10 civs lets say one for each continent / cultural civilization)
    Ok it would not look as beautiful as the current one, but still playable.
    Currently you can build 3 cities in Italy maybe 8 in Spain, 10 in France.
    I remember civ 5 (even civ 1) maps where you can only build 1 city in Italy, 1 or 2 in France etc...
    it is still fun

7. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Thank you very much for larger maps sizes. I went into the main files and changed the major civ start distance to 22 (I had modded it to 15) from the base distance of 9. Did anything in your mod change this and will this be ok with the next size up from Huge (Enormous)?

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Just an update about mining: I was wrong, floodplains *can* support mines. Which is interesting. I was not allowed to mine some stone on a floodplain, but *was* allowed to mine some niter. So something odd is definitely going on with that.

9. Horem

Horem Emperor

Stick with Standard Rules and nothing will change. If you look in the folder Mods/Yet (not) Another Maps Pack/Rules and look at the file, YNAMP_Rules_1.sql you will see the value you changed set to 30 (Light Rules, under Rulesets when you set up a game, also reduces Barbarians by 1/3)

10. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Horem, do you mean if I do not make any INI changes to the install files the default distance for majors will be 30 hexes on an Enormous map instead of defaul 9 and that there is a rule set I can check off that decreases Barbarians by a third?

{Just trying to be very clear}.. I changed the values in the two LUA files from 9 to 22 but 30 sounds good as well.

11. Spedwards

Spedwards Chieftain

BUG: Sheep don't naturally spawn on Floodplains in Civ6 so the one that is created in Egypt along the Nile is broken, as in you cannot build a Pasture on it. (See: Reddit Post).

Will check if this applies to horses on desert, or ivory on floodplains and I'll edit this post after.

UPDATE: CAN build a Pasture on Horses on Desert tiles.

12. Horem

Horem Emperor

The default will be 9(if you make no changes or 22 if you make your changes). A custom Ruleset changes it to 30. In advanced setup, the very top most option in the menu on the right is Rulesets, this can be changed from Standard(Vanilla) to YNAMP - Light which will increase it to 30.

13. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

BARBARIAN PROBLEM
    - killing performance, but needed
    - spawning after a short time on the edges of the map

Maybe this could help, special for the GIANT MAP
    So anyone knows if that SQL command is possible ???????????????
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='6' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAXIMUM_DISTANCE_CITY';

and if you put it into the Global Parameters, you could even change it after the game has started !
    ---> YNAMP_GamePlay.sql

SO MY RECOMMENTATION FOR PLAYING THAT MAPS and enjoy TSL would be at the moment ...
    to make it with your ship around the world before game is over :) but don't get old, before you have finished the game ... GIVE IT A TRY

+125% Gamespeed
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/grueling-speed.25415/

Also Barbarians change, the idea behind is, that the Barbarian camps should be close to settlements, so they could raid it, makes no sense to place them all around the map to wait, that a scout passes by !
    Code starts here --->

-- Rules and Barbarians
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value = '4' WHERE Name = 'CITY_MIN_RANGE';
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='1' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAX_PER_MAJOR_CIV';
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_CITY';
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='6' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAXIMUM_DISTANCE_CITY';

if they are under a FOREST, you have to remove the forest first with a builder ... just in case

14. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Great job on the map! Your maps have always been a bit too large for me but its beautiful and more fun than any of the vanilla maps so far. I'd like to give balance feedback if thats needed. There are huge production issues with the middle east in the Europe map.

Particularly Egypt and Arabia has difficulty ever taking off because theres almost no hammers in Egypt proper. In an immortal Rome game without Egypt, Arabia had 2 whole cities by the time I hit the industrial age. His cities were in OTL Cairo and OTL Alexandria, and the AI isn't clever enough to buy tiles all the way to those plains hills 3 tiles away from their starting location. IIRC Egypt start location lacks any hammers period. This was with the "light" ruleset so they saw nearly no barbarians from what I saw.

Perhaps some stones can be added on plains tiles to help the AI (or the player) get their feet off the ground?

Also, the Sinai has several tall mountains as does Lebanon, so those areas could use some. It would help with early game science there too. The entire map could use a lot more sea resources as well.

rrrwww likes this.
  15. poland144

poland144 Chieftain

Some feedback for ruleset 3/heavy

Land units cannot attack when embarked
    Ranged units are probably too weak by themselves; archers take 60 damage from scouts
    Land units could attack other embarked land units without taking any damage
    Archers gained no experience unless attacking a city
    Everything else seemed to be working as advertised

I am using another AI mod so there might be something else causing the embark attack issue, however I checked their files and there doesn't appear to be anything affecting military units themselves

16. hammypants

hammypants Chieftain

Have nearly identical specs (slightly more RAM) and Ruleset Light, Giant, 16 civs ends up crashing ~30 turns in all the time. :(

17. onlysky1

onlysky1 Chieftain

Hello, Guys!

I want to ask you a question:

How to add another leader to a already existing civ?

I try to add another two leaders for China for the YnAMP Greatest earth map (to make the map more interesting to play).

Do you guys know how to do that?

18. kingwolf

kingwolf Chieftain

indeed clearing the forest from the mining resources makes it so i can mine again, though its really annoying -.-

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'll add a check for civ6 rules of placement when importing resources from a civ5 map.

But I will also make some change to those rules in one of the rulesets to allow more positions (like resources under forests) which will be also needed to find enough positions when trying to add some deposits in corresponding real world regions.

20. CongealedBox

CongealedBox Chieftain

Any chance you could shrink the in-game continents? Each continent only spawns a few types of luxuries, and that's a problem when they're so huge.