YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Ok, not a problem, you can just use it to download :)

All change here:
    https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-YnAMP

"Clone or Download", take the zip and delete/replace my mod with it

I'd like some test before going for a "public" release, thanks !

2. Gedemon

Just a very small note, I've forgot to tell you, please use "_" instead of "-" in the "LOC_NAME...", those strings are a special type for civ6, I'm not sure the game will handle well the "-" there

ie use "LOC_CITY_NAME_SAINT_ETIENNE" instead of "LOC_CITY_NAME_SAINT-ETIENNE", changed on my side.

Your file have been merged in Map_PlayEuropeAgain.xml and GamePlayText.xml for now, but the file structure may change (especially if we start to have city maps for multiple Civilizations)

3. rock_and_ride

rock_and_ride Chieftain

ok, gonna change it to underscore. so i tried to play but the "min 2 distance between cities" rule is gone. also with my mapping, the french settler should be moved 2 tiles east. or i might need to adjust the mapping because right now frances capital is orleans :D

4. Gedemon

Yes, I'm going to move France (+Brussels, Amsterdam and Geneva in reaction) starting positions.

The 2 min distance rules will be reapplied, I want to move the CS and Combat in external mods, then set rules for small, normal, large scale.

Also, for the mapping, do you prefer 1 or 2 tiles for checking city names ?

No name was found at 32,45 for example

5. rock_and_ride

rock_and_ride Chieftain

yeah i just ran into 32,45 aswell :D i forgot to add Lyon properly. Attached is the fixed file, i added two lines about Lyon to it. I guess there is a way to get this to you via GitHub, but I tried and failed :cry:

this is so nice, i'm feeling like an 8-year-old in a toy store... just want to spam out those cities to see all the true locations popping up... (edit: THANKS!!!!! MERCI MON AMI!!!!!!!)

so far i'd say it works properly with Lyon fix. here, check out my cozy france with lots of smaller towns foundet: http://imgur.com/a/DVjcT

Attached Files:

6. rock_and_ride

rock_and_ride Chieftain

not sure what you mean. like how far the system will check for naming tiles with enough range for the founding tile before falling back to default? isn't that depending on the highest Area-Value i guess. could be up to 4 range tiles for sahara and russia.

7. Gedemon

I mean the default value when <area> tag is not used. "1" is fine ?

We will able to use any distance when using the tag.

8. rock_and_ride

rock_and_ride Chieftain

oh that, yeah. especially since i guess that it will be easier placements in the other maps due to lower terrain detail. speaking of placements, quo vadis? how we gonna continue now that france is save?

hey as a side note, placing grenoble i had an idea. it's nothing primary mod related but i wanted to share it: just like there are beach resorts, how about alpine resorts!!! :goodjob: but the best thing: you need to build them ON mountains, not adjacent to them :goodjob: and you get +2 bonus tourism and +4 gold for every adjacent unimproved mountain and +4 tourism and +2 gold for every adjacent alpine resort :goodjob:

9. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Warlord

any idea how to improve speed?
    If I am playing giant earth the AI turns are lasting very long from the beginn on. I believe that this was changing with the new patch - possible?
    I have a i7 3,5 GHz 4 core with16 GB RAM and a GeForce 970 4GB. Should be more than enough for Civ6, no?
    Update: Multiplayer issue? Transfer of the dates seems to be a problem!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  10. Gedemon

Well, what would you like to do ?

Just put a notice here if you'd like to work on a specific civilization/map, and I hope other will follow to fill the city map :)

11. bB547

bB547 Chieftain

I've been crashing a lot since the fall update. Anybody else?

12. kalmah999

kalmah999 Chieftain

Dunno why but my game chrashes. Since firaxis update, I removed civ and all mods, fresh install, new patch and after that I downloaded this mod. At 280turns, game chrashes and I play as China. Tried to load up, since autosave brings you back 10 turns max I think, same thing. I wish sooooo bad to play earth map. Started Greatest Earth with, huge map, 11 AI-s and me.

13. Northboy85

Northboy85 Chieftain

<Components>
    <UpdateDatabase id="PERSIA_COMPONENT">
    <Items>
    <File>Persia_Buildings.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_Civilizations.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_Colours.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_Gossip.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_Leaders.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_PlayerColours.xml</File>
    <File>Persia_Units.xml</File>
    </Items>
    <GameInfo>
    <GiantEarth_StartPosition>
    <Replace>
    <Civilization>CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV</Civilization>
    <X>13</X>
    <Y>67</Y>
    </Replace>
    </GiantEarth_StartPosition>
    </GameInfo>
    </UpdateDatabase>
    <LocalizedText id="PERSIA_TEXT">
    <Items>
    <File>Persia_Text.xml</File>
    </Items>
    </LocalizedText>
    </Components>

Inputted this into my .modinfo file for my custom civ.

Now it's not showing up in the additional content for a mod :-/

Thoughts?

(I KNOW THE X and Y LOCATIONS ARE FOR PARIS, JUST TESTING IT)

Attached Files:

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'm getting a consistent crash at turn 130 with Spain. Didn't happen before the patch. Playing Greatest Earth, Old World style, 9 civs.

15. Modaddict

Modaddict Chieftain

I seem to get a lot of crashes (largest earth map) as well since the fall patch but most of the time restarting the game just lets me continue playing from the last autosave. Usually crashes are on turns where the AI does something 'special', never when I'm in my own turn. An example of something 'special' is when an Unmet player is defeated, a war is declared or a religion is founded. I think that these are all things that cause some extra internal things happening so when you're on the edge of being able to play the map it just takes too much?
    Possibly there is an issue with the added city states being conquered but that would be a wild guess.

16. Gedemon

I'd like savegames from just before the crash please.

17. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Warlord

yes, us too - MP is not playable - needs lot of time to send packages and after a few more turn crashed...

18. Nisylro

Nisylro Chieftain

Hi Gedemon, Yet again thanks for your extraordinary job and sorry for my English and question but I don't read the 40 pages :

=> But it's possible to choice the CS what you want on the card (or delete one of them ?) and if yes in where files ?

(Est-ce possible de choisir ou désactiver les Cités-Etats souhaités si par exemple je prends la France et que je ne veux pas de La Valette ou de Bruxelles ?)

19. rock_and_ride

rock_and_ride Chieftain

ok, i will do italy today then. i already checked, with 2-range-city rule in place, you can have genua, milano, trient, venice, bologna and florence all on the map :crazyeye: (roma and napoli too of course)

while working on the mapping, i had some thoughts about some smaller changes to the map. first of all venice has wheat exactly on the best spot for the city, also would be nice if you can put more river around it. then i think tevere should have a slight different path and i would also advice to add the arno to the map for florence. finally, some changes to sicily. placing two small rivers for palermo and catania, as well as getting rid of the other river and moving a resource for a better palermo placement. also, i'd love to have etna on sicily, even at the cost of giving away a tile for that.

here are the pics with coords infos and stuff that i'd suggest to change: http://imgur.com/a/Cgrsp

20. Gedemon

You can limit them, yes, for example I'm using this with the added CS in a SQL file:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM Civilizations WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_AMSTERDAM' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_GENEVA' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_STOCKHOLM' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_LISBON';

But you can't specifically select them on the setup screen, that's not possible with the current version of the game.

Thanks, noted for when I'll change the Europe to civ6 format (no ETA)

I'll move the ressources and will add a mountain for Etna and the Arno river and change the Tiber, I can replace the river on Sicily by one of the two others, but not both, I don't like the actual visual rendering of multiple small rivers in a small area, I thing it's the small lake at the start that bothers me.

And I don't want to do delta, not until I see Firaxis use it in one of their maps, I'm not sure the game engine understand from where to where the flow should be.