Japan has no starting position

Arabia has no starting position

Germany is poisoned

The city states are deteriorated

Brussels does not live on the Mediterranean, but on the North Sea
Something's wrong on your side.

Yes there is something wrong !

Everything okay here with the maps,
and maybe you start to use your brain ...
the Vanilla game has delivered 20 civs and 23 cs and some are really close in reality ... Firaxis was even that narrow sighted, that they have chosen starting cities, which are even closer to each other and which aren't the capitals of the today countries.
The original vanilla maps are even smaller, there it would be only possible to place very few on the correct position without overlapping ...

as it seems English isn't your native language, (neither it is mine) you still could have presented your feedback more friendly, as
@Gedemon is doing a great job here and it is free ... FREE you get that, at least, he doesn't owe you anything.
Use it or get lost ! Or give a more polite feedback
Thanks

The cards have some errors

Japan has no starting position

Arabia has no starting position

Germany is poisoned

The city states are deteriorated

Brussels does not live on the Mediterranean, but on the North Sea

Did you clear out the cache?
Did you remove previous saved games and any other files that must be removed?
Are you using any other mods?

pantheon bug keeps coming up randomly. as in, sometimes i get a pantheon, and others i cruise right past the required faith with no pop-up to select a pantheon.

been playing greatest earth with ~18 civs in the game, so not sure why this becomes an issue. AI civs are even still getting pantheons after i've been denied mine!

is this an issue with this mod? or possibly something else?

Edit: then i keep playing for 10 more turns and it gives me a chance to choose a pantheon, with 5 remaining. so seems like i just automatically get last dibbs on pantheons :/

Last edited:
the Vanilla game has delivered 20 civs and 23 cs and some are really close in reality ... Firaxis was even that narrow sighted, that they have chosen starting cities, which are even closer to each other and which aren't the capitals of the today countries.
The original vanilla maps are even smaller, there it would be only possible to place very few on the correct position without overlapping ...

Yea, good luck fitting Geneva, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Brussels into europe... Not to mention La Venta is around 50 miles from Tenochtitlan. So they literally cannot coexist accurately.

I have 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card
It may not be enough, the map uses a lot of VRAM, it loads on my second computer (Q9550 / 8GB Ram / GTX 960 2GB), but it misses some textures on icons, try with all graphics settings to low if not already done.

The continents are messed up for me, Africa, Europe, and Asia are set up properly, but North and South America aren't divided into two seperate continents, and random patches of South America are considered part of Africa and the U.S east coast is considered part of Europe.

Which map and which version of the mod ?

also, there are only 4 continents available in civ5 (Europe, Asia, Africa, America)

I'm using version 0.9, on the giant earth map with 16 civs, on the medium old world ruleset. America being one continent isn't a huge problem for me, but part of America being considered Europe makes England's ability less good unless I turn on the continent lens and only settle in certain areas.
For other mods, I'm using Adjusted Continents, Better Trade Screen, Divine Yuri's CityPanel, GDG Lower War Weariness, GDG No Penalty Different Governments, RestartButton, and TCS Remove Preferred Hidden Agendas.

I'm using version 0.9, on the giant earth map with 16 civs, on the medium old world ruleset. America being one continent isn't a huge problem for me, but part of America being considered Europe makes England's ability less good unless I turn on the continent lens and only settle in certain areas.
For other mods, I'm using Adjusted Continents, Better Trade Screen, Divine Yuri's CityPanel, GDG Lower War Weariness, GDG No Penalty Different Governments, RestartButton, and TCS Remove Preferred Hidden Agendas.
The continent name was fixed in alpha .10

It should be compatible, I'll have a look at what they've changed exactly when back from work.

pantheon bug keeps coming up randomly. as in, sometimes i get a pantheon, and others i cruise right past the required faith with no pop-up to select a pantheon.

been playing greatest earth with ~18 civs in the game, so not sure why this becomes an issue. AI civs are even still getting pantheons after i've been denied mine!

is this an issue with this mod? or possibly something else?

Edit: then i keep playing for 10 more turns and it gives me a chance to choose a pantheon, with 5 remaining. so seems like i just automatically get last dibbs on pantheons :/
How do you continue your turn when you need to choose pantheon in order to finish your turn and carry on?

Everything okay here with the maps,
and maybe you start to use your brain ...

You will always get these kids who make posts like this. I had a civ 3 story game going on Marla's map, with Byzantium, Constantinople, and Istanbul, and some fool posts in the middle of the story that Istanbul is in the wrong place. I don't know how some of these people breathe when not underwater.

I have never encountered this pantheon bug, and I've gotten a religion in every game.

Good news, it seems that the patch has fixed the bug for the selection of the number of Civilizations, and the addition of city renaming will allow us to start working on the city map.

Last edited:
Good news, it seems that the patch has fixed the bug for the selection of the number of Civilizations, and the addition of city renaming will allow us to start working on the city map.

I did some testing on a current save and everything seems to work as it did before, no weird stuff yet. all 3 maps and saved games work.

so I think it is a net gain on the patch

Top Bottom