</GameInfo>
</UpdateDatabase>
<LocalizedText id="PERSIA_TEXT">
<Items>
<File>Persia_Text.xml</File>
</Items>
</LocalizedText>
</Components>

Inputted this into my .modinfo file for my custom civ.

Now it's not showing up in the additional content for a mod :-/

Thoughts?

(I KNOW THE X and Y LOCATIONS ARE FOR PARIS, JUST TESTING IT)
the part to set the position, for example

Code:
<GameInfo>
    <GiantEarth_StartPosition>
        <Replace>
            <Civilization>CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV</Civilization>
            <X>50</X>
            <Y>50</Y>
        </Replace>
     </GiantEarth_StartPosition>
</GameInfo>

must be in one of the XML file (like your Persia_Civilizations.xml)

Note that with next update (no ETA) the code will change to:
Code:
<GameInfo>
    <StartPosition>
        <Replace>
            <MapName>GiantEarth</MapName>
            <Civilization>CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV</Civilization>
            <X>50</X>
            <Y>50</Y>
        </Replace>
     </StartPosition>
</GameInfo>

And, as from my test the load order was not always as expected (IE references does not seems to work), you also need to add a sql file in <Components><Items> with the following code:

Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS StartPosition
    (    MapName TEXT,
        Civilization TEXT,
        Leader TEXT,
        X INT default 0,
        Y INT default 0);

I'll update the FP when I'll release the next version.

Great work!!

I had a question, I like to play the Europe map, but after the latest update I only get two city-states in the far south/south-east part of the map.
I would love to hoave some more like Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, Stockholm, Reykjavik etc etc so the map is more filled.
Is this possible to do myself or do I have to wait for a new release in the future?

I think this is it. If not, theres only a couple of turns left.
Tested more than 10 turns on my second PC, working fine, no crash.

Using DX12 ?
Drivers updated ?

Great work!!

I had a question, I like to play the Europe map, but after the latest update I only get two city-states in the far south/south-east part of the map.
I would love to hoave some more like Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, Stockholm, Reykjavik etc etc so the map is more filled.
Is this possible to do myself or do I have to wait for a new release in the future?
Did you use a ruleset ?

I had all European CS on my latest test.

hi,
i want to let you know. i have constant crashing at round 234. i deleted the mod and loaded it again from github.
works now.

Tested more than 10 turns on my second PC, working fine, no crash.

Using DX12 ?
Drivers updated ?

Hm... My PC then. Thanks for testing. I've started over, and everything is fine now. I love youre maps. I dont play on any other maps. :) Looking forward to the linkup with JFDs upcoming civs too. :)

I'd like savegames from just before the crash please.

OK, filesave attached. But I realized after posting the crash might be due to using pre-patch mods. Current Victoria game seems to be crash-free (knock wood).

Attachments

• PHILIP II.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Bella Italia! http://imgur.com/a/I1mWq

so i tried the github thinggy and i don't know if i actually did it right, but you should get a pull request i guess...? i added italian cities to the mod files directly. also there is a typo about scythians starting location i corrected.

we need to think about how we handle if there is more than one city with the same name possible. i ran into 2 toulouses because there is the 1-range tile as well as a 0-range tile to extend the possibilities where toulouse can be founded. see here: http://imgur.com/a/1mRYV

here are some more city spam impressions: http://imgur.com/a/eWHla

Gedemon je ne sais pas comment faire un MP alors comme je sais que tu es Français je me permets une remarque ici en Français (plus facile pour moi pour ce que j'ai à dire, sorry my English friends)

Je suis en train de jouer avec ton Alpha 10 en ce moment même, France, Giant earth et en fait il y a .... 2 Loires !

Dont une finie quasiment en Bretagne Sud en fait.

Il y a une petite rivière inutile entre les deux (de 2 cases) et donc une sorte de seconde Loire au dessus de ce qui semble être la Garonne. C'est donc trop chargé en rivière et ne correspond pas à la réalité géographique. Il n faudrait une seule qui part de la petite (aval) ou au-dessus et fait sa boucle normale ensuite.

Voilà A+

Moderator Action: Please provide an English translation. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is last autosave with China, turn 280 chrashes the game. I updated my graphic drivers, tested it, same thing...

Attachments

• AutoSave_0279.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
Bella Italia! http://imgur.com/a/I1mWq

so i tried the github thinggy and i don't know if i actually did it right, but you should get a pull request i guess...? i added italian cities to the mod files directly. also there is a typo about scythians starting location i corrected.

we need to think about how we handle if there is more than one city with the same name possible. i ran into 2 toulouses because there is the 1-range tile as well as a 0-range tile to extend the possibilities where toulouse can be founded. see here: http://imgur.com/a/1mRYV

here are some more city spam impressions: http://imgur.com/a/eWHla
The pull request is on your fork, if I understand correctly what I've read (I'm not really an expert of gitHub), you have to accept it on your fork before I can merge it with mine.

Gedemon je ne sais pas comment faire un MP alors comme je sais que tu es Français je me permets une remarque ici en Français (plus facile pour moi pour ce que j'ai à dire, sorry my English friends)

Je suis en train de jouer avec ton Alpha 10 en ce moment même, France, Giant earth et en fait il y a .... 2 Loires !

Dont une finie quasiment en Bretagne Sud en fait.

Il y a une petite rivière inutile entre les deux (de 2 cases) et donc une sorte de seconde Loire au dessus de ce qui semble être la Garonne. C'est donc trop chargé en rivière et ne correspond pas à la réalité géographique. Il n faudrait une seule qui part de la petite (aval) ou au-dessus et fait sa boucle normale ensuite.

Voilà A+
It was the Charente, maybe a left over after I tried to add also the Vilaine and yes, it was too much so I've removed it for next version.

It's difficult to render the boucle of the Loire at this scale, or I need to make it start lower and add another of the smaller rivers of Bretagne so that new cities are still possible there.

Screenshot with suggestions are welcome, as usual.

Après j'arrive un peu après la guerre et tu n'as pas de temps à perdre en formation info mais si on m'explique comment faire je peux certainement aider pour le placement des ressources/rivières etc ....étant à la fois fan de CIV et professeur d'histoire-géographie. J'avais d'ailleurs fait une carte perso sur CIV5. J'ai cru comprendre que vous essayiez de mettre des noms de villes sur les cases c'est ça ?

Bon voilà dès demain je peux aider si on m'explique comment faire.

A+

Moderator Action: Please provide an English translation. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, filesave attached. But I realized after posting the crash might be due to using pre-patch mods. Current Victoria game seems to be crash-free (knock wood).
Thanks, but I can't load it (another mod required)

This is last autosave with China, turn 280 chrashes the game. I updated my graphic drivers, tested it, same thing...
Thanks, confirmed, I'll have a look.

The pull request is on your fork, if I understand correctly what I've read (I'm not really an expert of gitHub), you have to accept it on your fork before I can merge it with mine.

ok, so i accepted my own pull request :crazyeye: -- hope you can merge it now...

btw i did some thinking on bigger ranges for names as well as the double city name problem. there are several spots in the data where you will be able to found 2 same cities. the best way to get rid of this for now is just to have the "extending" tiles renamed to different cities and this is what i'm going to do for already existing data. and new data will be delivered with this in mind, so as long as our city names have 0 or 1 range, there will be no problem with that. however, we gonna run into a HUGE problem with repeated city names for areas bigger than 1. with an area 2 tile, you can already found 3 identical cities on its spread borders. i was thinking about "fallback options" so that like when the game knows that this city if already there it takes a provided fallback name. however, for this name, placement could be important too. like if you found the "fallback" city in the north of the original name range, it should be a city northern to that already founded original city and should not have a name of a city that is in the south in real world. i also experimented with greater ranges and it all boils down to that it would be a great mess creating and managing those +1 areas. so much that it's actually just easier (and more safer) to just spam the maps with 1 and 0 range tiles. no fancy naming logics included. just a bit thinking durnig the data gathering and then it's gonna be fine.

ok, i go back to "work" ... gonna add iberia and fix the doubles in the already provided data. let me know if that hubby thingy works, otherwise i'll provide the files over the forum in the future.

Ah, crap... Another error after hudreds of turns... Here is the save from the right turn, and I uses the mod 8 paces aswell.
I would love for it to work again, since I've come som far... Thanks for all the work youre putting in! I also sent like 20 bugreports, but doubt it wil do much good.

Attachments

• MVEMBA A NZINGA.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 109
Did you use a ruleset ?

I had all European CS on my latest test.

I tried all rulesets (standard and all the Euro ones). In advanced I get 5 CS, but on all the other settings I only get two.
I'm not using any other mods.

Could be a problem on my end, haven't seen other reports about this.
Tomorrow I will do a re-install of the game to see if I can pinpoint the problem ;)

ok, so i accepted my own pull request :crazyeye: -- hope you can merge it now...

btw i did some thinking on bigger ranges for names as well as the double city name problem. there are several spots in the data where you will be able to found 2 same cities. the best way to get rid of this for now is just to have the "extending" tiles renamed to different cities and this is what i'm going to do for already existing data. and new data will be delivered with this in mind, so as long as our city names have 0 or 1 range, there will be no problem with that. however, we gonna run into a HUGE problem with repeated city names for areas bigger than 1. with an area 2 tile, you can already found 3 identical cities on its spread borders. i was thinking about "fallback options" so that like when the game knows that this city if already there it takes a provided fallback name. however, for this name, placement could be important too. like if you found the "fallback" city in the north of the original name range, it should be a city northern to that already founded original city and should not have a name of a city that is in the south in real world. i also experimented with greater ranges and it all boils down to that it would be a great mess creating and managing those +1 areas. so much that it's actually just easier (and more safer) to just spam the maps with 1 and 0 range tiles. no fancy naming logics included. just a bit thinking durnig the data gathering and then it's gonna be fine.

ok, i go back to "work" ... gonna add iberia and fix the doubles in the already provided data. let me know if that hubby thingy works, otherwise i'll provide the files over the forum in the future.
Many thanks, worked ! :)

Ah, crap... Another error after hudreds of turns... Here is the save from the right turn, and I uses the mod 8 paces aswell.
I would love for it to work again, since I've come som far... Thanks for all the work youre putting in! I also sent like 20 bugreports, but doubt it wil do much good.
This is annoying, I'll run all the saves everyone has provided.

Are there more crash reports since the fall patch on unmodded games ?

This is only the second save-game with trouble for me. I dont understand what I do different. 4/6 games workes perfectly.

I tried all rulesets (standard and all the Euro ones). In advanced I get 5 CS, but on all the other settings I only get two.
I'm not using any other mods.

Could be a problem on my end, haven't seen other reports about this.
Tomorrow I will do a re-install of the game to see if I can pinpoint the problem ;)

Just re-installed and still get max 5 CS on the map.

I saw that you're working on other things, but maybe you could test once and see if it's a problem on my end?

Just re-installed and still get max 5 CS on the map.

I saw that you're working on other things, but maybe you could test once and see if it's a problem on my end?

Maybe a problem with v.10 (and a bit of bad luck in the CS pool selected by the game), should be better with v.11 and the separated CS mods:
Clipboard-1.jpg

Thanks, but I can't load it (another mod required).

Oops, sorry. I'm using AlertandTurnChime and Dale's ReligiousUnitsborderControl mod..

Since I'm posting anyway, I noticed that on Greatest Earth Madrid is north of center, which should be south of center. (It's OK for Toledo though.) ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom