YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Hi Gedemon, would it be possible to lower the minimum number of tiles between cities? France keeps moving its settler north, which means that neither Amsterdam or Brussels never get founded.

What map? What size?
In my games with GEM ludicrous size, sometimes both settle, sometimes only one of Brussels or Amsterdam settle.
I have never seen that both don't settle.

This is for giant sized earth. In all honesty, I take Brussels out, as they cannot both settle in their true starting location. Although, even if I just play with Amsterdam the same problem mostly occurs, as Paris is founded too close. I think reducing minimum distance would help. However, if you can start civlizations moving their first setter, there may be no need to reduce minimum distances at all. I do not play the largest earth map, as I cannot import resources and my computer is too slow.

I discovered the reason for the problem, it's because I was playing in multiplayer mode: Same Device/Hotseat
Sorry to bother you.
yep, civ6 bug.

Oh Gedemon...

Why dost thee break my heart?

(Were there forests along this river? France needs all the production it can get.)
Nothing changed to forest :)

It was a request, and it was a left over from some test to add a lot of "small" rivers everywhere, but I really don't like the visual effect of close 1-2 tiles long rivers all ending on a small lake...

Hi Gedemon, would it be possible to lower the minimum number of tiles between cities? France keeps moving its settler north, which means that neither Amsterdam or Brussels never get founded.
The rules are not yet documented because they change with every release, but there is a "small scale" ruleset that lower to 2 the minimum distance between cities (it also remove some city states from the game, including Brussels, you may have to edit the Rules_1.sql, Rules_2.sql and Rules_3.sql files to your liking)

Sorry, but how add new mods without start new game? In 11 version i see new mods YnAMP - More CS for Europe and YnAMP - More CS for the World , but it standalone mod.

Thanks Gedemon, Amsterdam can now be founded in correct position. I wish I could say the same for the now coastal city of Paris :( I hope this gets fixed by the developers.

"Allows to set game with more than 50 Civilizations on the advanced setup screen"

It means that I can play on a Tiny map with more than 4 Civs, for example? Civ6 have a hard-coded limit and doesn't allow more than 4 civs on a Tiny map. With this mod can I force it to 5 or 6?

When I launch a new game with all civ, I endup with 26 CS, mix of old and new one, is there a way to allow more (all?) CS?

When I launch a new game with all civ, I endup with 26 CS, mix of old and new one, is there a way to allow more (all?) CS?
Which map / ruleset ?

"Allows to set game with more than 50 Civilizations on the advanced setup screen"

It means that I can play on a Tiny map with more than 4 Civs, for example? Civ6 have a hard-coded limit and doesn't allow more than 4 civs on a Tiny map. With this mod can I force it to 5 or 6?
you can set any number to any map but the engine may not find enough starting position on the map for all, and only the civs with a starting position will be in game.

Thanks for the answer, Godemon!

Do you know if it's possible to change the minimum distance between starting positions? I like to play on crowded small maps, so I would be willing to change the minimum dist to crowd it even more!

Is this mod intended to work online, and if it is then any idea about couple issues we're having:

- Playing with barbarians and a map size of Giant or greater, the time in between turns seems to take longer than the actual turns. Sometimes we'd wait even 2+ minutes for the "Please wait" .. My friend's theory is that the map is so big that there are SO MANY barbarians that are moving around during that period which is causing the lag but idk .. Either way Giant maps or greater are literally unplayable with barbs on.

- Play Europe Again doesn't work properly online (at least not with default settings): The host player will spawn in as intended, but other players do not spawn in at all. The map loads, but they do not have any units to move or to do anything. If they leave the game and rejoin, they can take over a random civ, but they will see that the game has a lesser amount of civs total than originally intended.

- Map scripts don't want to work online at all. When we choose a map script, ie. Euro Medium, when the game starts the game just returns to the Main Menu for all of the players :confused:

Is this mod intended to work online, and if it is then any idea about couple issues we're having:

- Playing with barbarians and a map size of Giant or greater, the time in between turns seems to take longer than the actual turns. Sometimes we'd wait even 2+ minutes for the "Please wait" .. My friend's theory is that the map is so big that there are SO MANY barbarians that are moving around during that period which is causing the lag but idk .. Either way Giant maps or greater are literally unplayable with barbs on.

- Play Europe Again doesn't work properly online (at least not with default settings): The host player will spawn in as intended, but other players do not spawn in at all. The map loads, but they do not have any units to move or to do anything. If they leave the game and rejoin, they can take over a random civ, but they will see that the game has a lesser amount of civs total than originally intended.

- Map scripts don't want to work online at all. When we choose a map script, ie. Euro Medium, when the game starts the game just returns to the Main Menu for all of the players :confused:
I think we should not try the online mode (for now), I also went through thousands of issues on the online and I know how annoying it is not being able to have fun with friends on Earth's map. But the mod still alpha, I created a game in solo mode (after giving up on online) and the mod worked perfectly well (On Play Europe Again). For now the creators should think about complementing the content and the compatibility of the mod to only later go to fix bugs (Or create a separate version for that mode) in the online mode.
̶S̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶

What happened with Russia's TSL on the Giant Earth Map? Neither St. Petersburg's location nor Moscow's. I mean the start location of the capital.

I noticed on England game on Greatest Earth map the location names appeared to be working. I dropped my 4th settle on the main continent, and it auto-named it Rouen.
I tried Arabia and didn't quite notice the same thing, (my city deep in Africa was "Medina" and a city in the Persia capitol location was "Sa'naa" but I'm guessing it's just certain areas haven't been completely coded).
In any case this is all an amazing effort, thanks to everyone involved.

I noticed on England game on Greatest Earth map the location names appeared to be working. I dropped my 4th settle on the main continent, and it auto-named it Rouen.
I tried Arabia and didn't quite notice the same thing, (my city deep in Africa was "Medina" and a city in the Persia capitol location was "Sa'naa" but I'm guessing it's just certain areas haven't been completely coded).
Currently the only map with true name locations is the Play Europe Again map, which is partially done (see here). Also, the feature is at present only working for the human player.

Thanks for the answer, Godemon!

Do you know if it's possible to change the minimum distance between starting positions? I like to play on crowded small maps, so I would be willing to change the minimum dist to crowd it even more!
lower those value
Code:
'START_DISTANCE_MAJOR_CIVILIZATION'
'START_DISTANCE_MINOR_CIVILIZATION'
in the common ruleset.

note that it will be applied only in the large scale ruleset in next version, the small and medium will use the game's default values.

Should work online, check for the special character in windows user name issue.

On Giant earth with classical ruleset
Now that I do the math, the number is consistent with the x1.5 hardcoding.

Try to put 25 civs in the settings and see what happens ? (uncheck the prevent duplicate leaders option)

it should give 37 CS, and, if the code works as intended, you shouldn't have duplicate civs, only the 18 (19 with DLC) majors.

note that the total major+minor number when setting up the map is ~60 (62 I think, 63 being the "barbarian" player), so a number higher than 25 major civs will give lesser CS than the expected 37 (25x1.5), because there will be 26 (or more) slots reserved for the Majors, even if only 18 are placed on the map in the end, and there will be 36 (or less) slots available for CS.

this is speculation, needs confirmation :)

What happened with Russia's TSL on the Giant Earth Map? Neither St. Petersburg's location nor Moscow's. I mean the start location of the capital.
Wow, yes, no idea how/when it was moved there :D

Maybe a typo, it's at 32,72 instead of 38,72 (Moscow), I'll move it back east in the next update, thanks.

I had made a quick city map for France to test my code on the Greatest Earth Map (the quickest to load...), but the only map with a good city map is Play Europe Again ATM (thanks again guys !)

Edit : and see here if you want to help : https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-creation-customization.541/

guy,s how to install these additional city states? where do i pt all the files fro mthe other folder?

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Alpha .12

• added tomaltachpaulson rework on Italy city map and some new civilizations specific city maps for Play Europe Again
  • fix : make sure to use a civ-specific city name even if the first loop had returned a default name at minimal distance.
  • fix : correction to citymap.xml
  • added faster borders expansion at each key civics (the one giving a new government) in the "large scale" ruleset.
  • added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom