YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

hey, do you play with may AIs or only just a few? cause i have a feeling that it depends on how many AI player you put on the map. when i do my testing for the mod, i start the game with me and only 1 AI player and i get only 2 or 3 CS. but when i add all the AI players and start a game, i get a lot of CS.

Thank you, sir! That's it. If selecting 10 civs I get more CS.
Is that something that can be adjusted in the Rulesets, Gedemon? I don't like playing with too many Civs but I do like many CS?

Thank you, sir! That's it. If selecting 10 civs I get more CS.
Is that something that can be adjusted in the Rulesets, Gedemon? I don't like playing with too many Civs but I do like many CS?
I'm afraid it's hardcoded (1.5x number of major civilization), I'll do some test to see if we can hack something during the map generation.

Before Civ6 SDK...

Maybe *soon* if the tests I'm currently running go well.

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Alpha .11

warning : may not be save compatible.
  • Add code for City Maps (real naming of cities for their location), working for humans player only
  • Add City Map for France, Italy (incl. Sardinia, Sicily, Corsica), Iberia, British isles (incl. Faroe and Ireland), Germany (+ Benelux & Helvetia), Scandinavia on Play Europe Again thanks to rock_and_ride
  • Add City Map for Greece (+ classical names, exclusive for Greece Civilization) and Balkans on Play Europe Again thanks to brick623
  • Add City Map for France on Greatest Earth Map
  • Add Simplified Chinese language support thanks to jianghanxia (Text from yoforever at 3DM Forum)
  • Add YnAMP - More CS for Europe and YnAMP - More CS for the World small mods for a total of 20 more City States when using the World version (6 for Europe)
  • Copy some of the existing Special Abilities to all the new City States
  • Change to Rulesets now configured for small, medium, large scall map
  • Combats rules moved to external mods (WIP)
  • Hong Kong moved on Giant Earth
  • Modified the Area around Aztec starting position on Giant Earth
  • Removed unneeded river in France on Giant Earth
  • Modified Italy area on Play Europe Again
  • Moved Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Geneva starting positions on Play Europe Again
  • Add import feature option to Largest Earth
  • Changed Scythia starting position on Greatest Earth Map
  • Changed Arabia and Greece (Gorgo) starting positions on Play Europe Again
  • Add a new Euro ruleset with no change to game's rules except the Civilizations restrictions for an Europe map
  • Handle flow direction of rivers for the Nile Delta (and source) on all maps
  • Change Russia and Scythia TSL on Giant Earth
  • Make sure there is no vanilla CS from other part of the world left in the DB when selecting an "Euro" ruleset
  • Add city renaming code to the script, the AI will use the city map at the beginning, until the game is reloaded (or until this bug is fixed)
  • Changed Preslav TSL to south of Danube on Play Europe Again
  • Switched Gorgo (now at Sparta) and Pericles (now at Thessalonica) TSL on Play Europe Again

Gedemon submitted a new resource:

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 - A compilation of new maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL, and optional rulesets adapted to the new very large map sizes

Read more about this resource...

known bugs:
  • Culturally Linked Location may fail when too many Civilizations are placed (it happens when the game can't find enough starting positions on a map for all Civilizations)
  • The Inland Sea mapscrip crash at bigger siee than Huge

known issues:
  • Barbarians can make turns much longer, this is not so apparent on the game's normal map sizes but an issue at larger size. You can use the custom rules to lower the number of barbarians camps.
  • Niter is a new strategic resource in Civ6, it will be placed on the position of Gold when importing a civ5 map, which may give less deposits than needed for balance (you can use the Map Generator option to have normal resources placement)
  • If the game crashes or fail to load a map and you have some special characters in your windows user name, try to delete my mod then extract the latest version directly in the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Scenarios" folder. Note that this is a workaround and should not be used to install mods once a patch has resolved the issue.
been tested on earth giant and europ.. seems to be crashing all the time :/.. (my pc - i7 6850, evga 1080, 32 dram...ssd all over)

Working fine here on GEM ludicrous, China, prince.
All graphics at low, no barbs.
i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX970

I always clean out caches, old saves, the log files and various .txt files.
It means that I have to re-input various video preferences etc when a new version is released, but I have never had a crash with Civ6 using GEM.

Last edited:
Brussels and Amsterdam don't fit on same map in the giant edition. Could Brussels be replaced by some more modern North American (maybe Canadian) cities, to populate the continent?

Also, sometimes neither Brussels or Amsterdam gets founded, as French will move their first settler to the north.

Brussels and Amsterdam don't fit on same map in the giant edition. Could Brussels be replaced by some more modern North American (maybe Canadian) cities, to populate the continent?

Also, sometimes neither Brussels or Amsterdam gets founded, as French will move their first settler to the north.

In several games I've also noticed Brussels wandering around aimlessly like a modern day metaphor.

Update 10 minutes later: This game, both Brussels and Amsterdam founded cities. Ludicrous GEM, marathon, all (civs + Aztecs).

Last edited:
Memphis, Tennessee is named after Memphis, Egypt.

Interestingly enough, Memphis, Tennessee had an arena shaped like a pyramid (this was the arena where the Memphis Grizzlies basketball team first played after moving from Vancouver; the Grizzlies since then play in a newer arena).

okay my bad. i am thinking of Memphis, Tennessee. On the other hand, is cultural link still broken? cos i got civs all starting in wrong location.

My city states have some text issues !?
Having the same issue here, all new cities states have a programming text rather than the actual name, such as: LOC_CITY_NAME_DUBLIN instead of: DUBLIN.
I dont know why this is happening but probably cuz im playing in portuguese ;-;
I will try to replace "en_US" with "pt_BR" in the files but I do not think it will work, I would probably have to do some things in the translation folder too

Having the same issue here, all new cities states have a programming text rather than the actual name, such as: LOC_CITY_NAME_DUBLIN instead of: DUBLIN.
I dont know why this is happening but probably cuz im playing in portuguese ;-;
I will try to replace "en_US" with "pt_BR" in the files but I do not think it will work, I would probably have to do some things in the translation folder too
I discovered the reason for the problem, it's because I was playing in multiplayer mode: Same Device/Hotseat
Sorry to bother you.

Last edited:
Oh Gedemon...
Removed unneeded river in France on Giant Earth

Why dost thee break my heart?

(Were there forests along this river? France needs all the production it can get.)

Hi Gedemon, would it be possible to lower the minimum number of tiles between cities? France keeps moving its settler north, which means that neither Amsterdam or Brussels never get founded.

Top Bottom