1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

When you extract the zip, you should have 3 folders in your mods folder:
    Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
    YnAMP - More CS for Europe
    YnAMP - More CS for the World

If you only have one folder named "Yet (not) Another Maps Pack0.11", move all folders inside it in your mods folder, and delete it.

"More CS for the World" include all CS from the Europe version, no need to use both at the same time.

2. Xiombargdei

Xiombargdei Chieftain

Game keeps crashing at turn 124
    save game link
    version .11
    no barbarians, low graphics settings, no problem whatsoever, no extra long turns
    CIV VI process taking aroung 2300Mo of memory before crash

is there anything i can do or try ?
    thanks

edit :
    ruleset : earth 3 : large scale
    map : giant earth

edit2 : lua.log

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It happens more since fall patch, even in vanilla game, waiting for a patch from firaxis.

Xiombargdei likes this.
  4. Xiombargdei

Xiombargdei Chieftain

5. PKL

PKL Chieftain

Hi, I downloaded the .12 update twice, put the three folders in the "Mods" folder like I always do. It is missing five files, and I can't add the maps through additional content, only the CS content.

6. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Hmm, I deleted the .11 folder, downloaded the .12 folder, unzipped it in mods folder and it works fine. I also delete the cache and re-start the game cold and it always works for me.

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yes, just downloaded and installed .12 on my second PC, no problem to launch a game.

8. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

So playing on the Giant map, Galapagos Islands are like 4 tiles away from nearest coast tile is this intentional?
    only wondering cause its an 8 tile science wonder & it seems a bit useless where it is?

9. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

Perhaps we could add a single island tile adjacent where a city could be placed? I know that would be too many islands in the chain but gameplay trumps realism, right?

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I know that we can have a piece of land adjacent to the natural wonder, it would make it look like a 3 tiles island.

Seems to be working as intended, set the number of Civilization to 25 in the advanced setup screen, you'll get 37 CS on the map.

11. PKL

PKL Chieftain

This is all I see.

Attached Files:

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

The one at the top is the map pack, the "LOC_" strings not translated are a bug with the game itself.

13. PKL

PKL Chieftain

I'll try updating it, or reinstalling it.

14. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Any plans yet to fix the east coast of South America? I fired up a game as Brazil to check things out properly and it looks like the whole coast needs some revision:

-The mouth of Rio de La Plata (and TSL for Buenos Aires) is too far north of where it should be (currently it's close to where Sao Paulo is). The entire river needs to be shifted south.
    -Strait of Magellan is absent
    -Eastern Brazil needs to be extended eastwards
    -Brazil's TSL is currently at Sao Paolo, needs to be moved a few tiles north-east

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

On which map ?
    A screenshot with the proposed change would help.

16. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

is there a way to reduce the waiting time between turns? Since update came out, if you use ruleset 3 for giant earth, which reduces the amount of barbarians to 33 percent the waiting time is higher tha nbefore the udpdate (it was 66)

17. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Gedemon, your hard work is <very, very> much appreciated.
    Thank you.

This mod you made is an absolute must.

I have two questions which you may be able to answer.

1) Is there a way to make it so that resources are better distributed? It always has oil at the poles or in ultra remote locations. I would like a slightly higher occurrence of the later game resources and a more even distribution of them if possible.
    2) Horem made a combined mod a few weeks ago which had your map mod and Ai+ in it. It was good but the tech rate was a bit too slow. However, one thing he had with it had a map drop down selection option of 'Big and Small'. This was a throw back to Civ 5 and it gave us Continents that were 'Big and Small', more importantly the poles were NOT blocked by ice. I dont mind the continents setting in your or vanilla but I hate that they are <always> blocked at the poles by ice. Its lame and i hate it to no end. Can we mod this out or make ice pole blockage a removed feature in one of your selections (Earth, light!) perhaps?

Thanks again!

18. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Gedemon,

Hi old friend.. you're most probably the only Modder around that might still have that file; Island_Plates.LUA .. as it was --before-- the patch?

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It's now in Rules_Common.sql, change '2' to '1' on that line:
    Code:
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='2' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAX_PER_MAJOR_CIV';
    I may add some new versions in the future, but I don't plan to change the vanilla map scripts.

The ruleset do change a few rules related to some resources placement (to prevent having Aluminum only on desert tiles for example, I can understand the gameplay reason, but I don't like it), but nothing related to oil ATM.

map script from other mods should work with YnAMP, as long as they don't change AssingStartingPlots.lua

I'm afraid the rules does not allow to post any file from the game, but a diff would do for you I suppose, and in that case it's very small:

Code:
    ---------------------- Base/Assets/Maps/Island_Plates.lua ----------------------
    index 66dceb4..385ecfa 100644
    @@ -192,8 +192,10 @@ function GeneratePlotTypes()
         args.iFlags = g_iFlags;
         args.blendRidge = 5;
         args.blendFract = 5;
    -    args.world_age = world_age;
    +    args.world_age = world_age + 0.25;
    +    mountainRatio = 2 + world_age * 2;
         plotTypes = ApplyTectonics(args, plotTypes);
    +    plotTypes = AddLonelyMountains(plotTypes, mountainRatio);

return  plotTypes;
     end

20. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

That *IS* exactly what i need to try some custom fix for my local LUA file.. thanks a bunch @Gedemon!