YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

And something that I should have done since the start: to everyone that has contributed to the mod, please send me a PM with your steam name if you want me to add you as a contributor on steam.

Hi Gedemon, ive noticed that Saladin is actually placed wrong! he started the Ayyubid Dynasty which is concidered to be the first true islamic empire and the cause of the crusades however the ayyubid capital was Cairo not Mecca as Mecca is concidered to be the spiritual capital of islam not Saladins Empire that belongs to the aformentioned city as such Cairo is basically to the north of Celopatra's start and once she founds her city the boarders of Saladin and Celopatra would be obvious this in itself would present the player playing as either side with a challenge deal with an islamic denouncer beast (he always denouces me for something and does that to everyone else in his local area in every game ive played) or a "bleep" who preys on the weak heh simply to say probably by turn 50 one side will end up biting the dust would be a really hard start to go against the AI saladin specially on king and upwards! the actual location of cairo on the giant earth map is just below the neck of of the nile where the river splits in two before hitting the mediterainian sea! in my saladin game where i wanted a realistic start this was what i had to deal with but by turn 20 i had stonehenge and formed islam by turn 50 i built the mahabodhi temple and had a religion as close to real islam as posible like this: Pantheon: Desert Folklore, Religion: Mosques, Ley Ministry, Religious Community and Missionary Zeal and all i can say is urm well heh this setup won me a religious victory lol

Just tried Quo's mod that gives everyone Rome's expansion tendency. Crazy on the giant map. Settling everywhere! I highly recommend it! Seems to work best with AI+ turned off. Haven't tested that extensively though.

A few seconds at the start, and up to about 2-3 minutes at turn 800, and out to about 4 minutes after that. That's the best estimate I can provide.
I play Civ on one computer, while doing mathematical work on another machine, and watching vids on another, so move time in civ is not really an issue for me. :)
I hope you can get it working one day because it's a lot of fun.

I finally bougth a RX 480. It is XFX RX 480 8 gb Black edition. Now i can run on top settings, not the long wait between turns. The drivers though to RX 480 Cards have given me quite some problems; instability, BSODs and crashes. Its stable now but i had
to do a clean Windows 10 install, flash usb and so on.

But it Works now at least and i can enjoy the ludicreous map :crazyeye:

Not yet, but it's related, it's the (untested) code to allow alternate TSL.

Expect more updates for bug fixing, my untested code usually output more errors in the logs than the actual number of new lines in the code.

Edit: But it won't hurt to have them ready BTW.

Well, good time to try a Giant Earth map without TSL then! Haven't done that with VI yet.

Anyone know if new city-states were added?

New version updated on gitHub, the new code for leaders TSL and alternative TSL should work as intended.

There is 2 new options when selecting "True Start Location" for Civilization placement:
- Use Leaders TSL when available
- Use Alternate TSL if required and available

And here is an exemple of use in the Map.xml with Egypt and Arabia on the Greatest Earth Map:
Code:
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="58" Y="35" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" DisabledByCivilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" AlternateStart="1" />

<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="58" Y="35" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" AlternateStart="1" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="57" Y="36" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" AlternateStart="1" />

Here is how it should work:

- the lines containing Leader="LEADER_XXXXX" will be ignored if the Use Leaders TSL when available option is not checked.

- the lines containing AlternateStart="1" will be ignored if the Use Alternate TSL if required and available option is not checked.

- if the Use Leaders TSL when available option is checked, any leader that is referenced for a TSL using "Leader=" will never use a generic TSL for its Civilization. For example with the code above, Cleopatra will never spawn at (58,35) if the option is checked.

- if the Use Alternate TSL if required and available option is checked then the lines with AlternateStart="1" will be used if the default TSL (defined by the lines without AlternateStart="1") is not available for any reason.

- there should be only one "default" TSL for a Civilization alone or a Civilization/Leader, but you can use as many lines with AlternateStart="1"

There can be 3 reasons to make a TSL unavailable:
- There is another TSL already set under the minimal separation distance for cities (the placement order is defined by the Civilization order on the advanced setup screen, the human player - or host in multi - is always placed first)
- The Civilization referenced in the tag DisabledByCivilization is in game
- The Leader referenced in the tag DisabledByLeader is in game

If the mod can't found a suitable alternate TSL (or if the option is not used), the default TSL will be used.

Examples:

1/ If Cleopatra is in game but not Saladin, her TSL will be Alexandria at 57,36 if Use Leaders TSL is checked, and Cairo at 58,35 (default TSL for Egypt) if that option is disabled

2/ If Saladin is in game but not Cleopatra, his TSL will be Cairo at 58,35 if Use Leaders TSL is checked, and Mecca at 64,33 (default TSL for Arabia) if that option is disabled

3/ If Cleopatra and Saladin are in game and Use Leaders TSL is checked, then Cleopatra's TSL will be Thebes at 60,30 (Alternate TSL for Cleopatra) because of the DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" in her default TSL line, and Saladin will also use his alternate TSL at 64,33 (which is coincidentally the default TSL for Arabia, but we can set it at another position than Mecca) because Egypt is in the game (even if it was an alternate leader than Cleopatra)

Now if we change the XML a bit to this:
Code:
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="58" Y="35" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" AlternateStart="1" />

<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="58" Y="35" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" AlternateStart="1" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="57" Y="36" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" AlternateStart="1" />

1/ and 2/ won't change but in 3/ Saladin's TSL would be Cairo (and Cleopatra's would be Thebes)

If we remove all DisabledByLeader and DisabledByCivilization references, then the setup screen order would define who will be in the Nile's delta in case 3/, the last selected leader would use it's alternate TSL

If Use Leaders TSL was activated but not Use Alternate TSL, then 3/ would result in Cleopatra at Alexandria and Saladin at Cairo.

No, it has a way to better define all TSL, but the new TSL are not defined yet.

Sorry for asking something thats maybe a stupid question, but is it only me that cant start or load a game where the either or both of More CS for Europe or more CS for World is enabled after the patch?

Can confirm that the Spring Patch breaks YNAMP. Tried to start a game on Giant Earth and got the world builder "start game" prompt instead, followed by being booted back to the main menu.

Sorry to hear that.
It's playing beautifully for me on Giant Map, ludicrous size (230x115).
All I can suggest is to delete all .txt, .csv, .json, and .sql files and all save files in the various directories,
then verify the steam files, and download the latest Ynamp from github.
Good luck!

Can confirm that the Spring Patch breaks YNAMP. Tried to start a game on Giant Earth and got the world builder "start game" prompt instead, followed by being booted back to the main menu.

Tried that, still experiencing the same issue.

Update - appears to have been one of the additional YNAMP tweak mods causing the issue. Disabled all of them except for Closer Cities and things seem to be working.

I did some testing and can confirm that this is caused by both the YnAMP - More CS for Europe and YnAMP - More CS for the World mini-mods.

If you disable both of those but leave everything else it should work just fine.

Apologies: I didn't know you (Hiram) were using other mods.
I use only the DLCs for Aztecs, Poland, Australia, Cyrus, Alexander Mullet, and
Ynamp (no CS or other variants of it).
All graphics set to low, no leader animations.

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Beta .3

• Add brick623 Scandinavia city map for Giant
  • Add brick623 Russia and Ukraine city map for Giant Earth
  • Add brick623 Middle East city map for Giant Earth
  • Add Moda and Stauffenberg North American city map for Giant Earth
  • Add guidemwit South Asia city map for Giant Earth
  • Add tomaltachpaulson Macedon & Persia TSL (and lot of small fixes)
  • Add Largest Earth rework by Hormigas
  • Add load order to update database for DLC compatibility (should fix wrong language used by DLC leaders)
  • Prevent resources placed in exclusion region since the Australian Winter patch
  • Add CityMap entries to TSL that doesn't fit the game's capitals names
  • Add Uluru on Earth maps
  • Add option to use specific Leaders TSL when available
  • Add option to use alternate TSL when required and available
  • Change max players to 62, max city states to 60 on all maps
  • Activate Auto City Naming for Greatest Earth (W.I.P.)

Last edited:
Tried that, still experiencing the same issue.

Update - appears to have been one of the additional YNAMP tweak mods causing the issue. Disabled all of them except for Closer Cities and things seem to be working.

I did some testing and can confirm that this is caused by both the YnAMP - More CS for Europe and YnAMP - More CS for the World mini-mods.

If you disable both of those but leave everything else it should work just fine.

Thanks, it's caused by a change to the structure of the Colors table, will fix that ASAP.

Top Bottom