1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Only the import option is affected AFAIK.

hotfix on gitHub, let me know if it works now, TIA.

2. Kerithlan

Kerithlan Chieftain

Leaders do speak in their correct languages so far, but I stumbled across this:

Seems not to work for wonders.

3. tomaltachpaulson

tomaltachpaulson Chieftain

@Giffica and others: Persia's TSL is still very much up for debate. It's at Tabriz on Play Europe Again as a temporary measure, because Ecbatana (where I'd like to put it) is currently not covered by the true location city names. It's the same with GEM: the start location could move south to the Persepolis area in the future, though I am a little worried about that being too close to Sumeria's start.

I've worked out the problem with the city names; I'll push a hotfix on GitHub.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. justinsy

justinsy Chieftain

could you make cliffs of dover buildable now that you have the modding tools? :D

5. justinsy

justinsy Chieftain

also, could you add in the reseed option? i know there's another mod that does that but it's not compatible with the new version i think

6. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

I don't really have an issue with Tabriz, other than the fact there are 5 other options. Seems like the least historical option at all. Not even sure Tabriz existed for like a good amount time? Just itching to get a real nice Persia game in.

As it stands, Sumeria is a major issue. Uruk is the problem. Uruk is such a.....abnormal....city. And Sumeria never makes enough of a significant dent (even more now with Persia). I have them continually wiping Sumer pretty early. Uruk prevents the founding of Babylon/Baghdad, which, by most historical standards is one of the worlds maybe 5 most important cities. Being unable to see that is annoying. Potentially some sort of capital raising mod? But then again, the AI still would NEVER raise that city considering it blows to some pretty high pop numbers, consistently. As it stands, Sumer is just annoying. EVENTUALLY I think we're going to need to accept some Civs can't be on the same map, with any historical reliability. Sumer is incompatible with a Babylon Civ, and an Assyrian civ would make that even more difficult. And it looks like Firaxis is trying to flesh out the ancient civ game first. And ultimately, we're going to have every major civ through modding, so we can set up any number of scenarios. We really should just put every civ where their actual capital was, with that specific ruler. Rather than trying to alter history, just add leaders to the civ. I guess at the early stages where the game has sparse number of civs that makes sense, but going forward, Persia's capital needs to be Pasargadae.

Maybe this is just me though, but I find it hard to play on most regions on giant earth. Doesn't give most a fair chance to be fully fleshed out and found historical cities. Some of the bigger regions like US, China, India are fine, but MidEast/Persia is also microscopic for what should be possible there. Maybe this is all cause I've gotten a taste of Largest Earth, and everything feels tiny in comparison? Who knows.

7. Stauffenberg

Stauffenberg Chieftain

Does the Spring update invalidate ongoing games using YnAMP? I'm playing a Giant Earth game and when I load the save game I get kicked back to the main menu. This is even after the hotfix made by Gedemon.

If I start a Giant Earth game I manage to start it and can settle. I play With imported Resources and see that the start Resources are not identical each time. E. g. I get lots of stone around Washington and the Washington hex has horses within it. Before the horses were fixed to be a few hexes away from the city and I got the same Resources every time like copper and wheat. Now I get Cotton and stone in 4 different hexes near Washington. Does this means importing Resources doesn't work anymore in Giant Earth?

8. burgeron

burgeron Chieftain

Right now several of the YNAMP map additions don't work with the addition of Macedon and Persia -- Closer Cities, Faster Border Growth, More CS for Europe etc. I tried using Alexander on TSL Europe map with those mods enabled, but it failed and returned to the main screen.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I know for More CS, a fix is coming.

I let an autoplay game running all night with YnAMP, faster border growth, remove close CS, faster movement without problem.

I'd like lua.log with independent components that are not loading.

@Stauffenberg : I'd like the modding, database and lua.log in your case for the save game not loading.

Are you using the additional resources around TSL? they are semi random.

10. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

Will there be a Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for civ 6? Making a mod in which civs appears in historical time order would be wonderful!!!

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Speaking of that, what should be the spawning date of the new Civilizations in Civ6?

Edit: Spawning order is something to consider for the alternates TSL.

12. Stauffenberg

Stauffenberg Chieftain

Gedemon: Here is a link to dropbox With all the necessary files including the actual save file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u0xiyrv55j7uhp/Gedemon.rar?dl=0

Please tell if you can't get that file.

I play With the following turned on: Closer cities, Faster movements, Faster Border Growth, More CS for the World, Resource Placement Tweak, Cliff of Dovers Yield Tweak

It doesn't matter whether I activate or deactivate civilization Resources when I Select import for resouces. Both generate random Resources around the Capital. For Washington the TSL hex is filled With a Resource. It never was before. Then I almost got horses, copper and wheat Close to the city. However, the location could differ slightly. Now the locations seem to be the same, but the type of Resource differs. The most annoying part is that the TSL hex is filled With a Resource. E. g. I would like to improve that hex to qualify for Eureka moments and get bonus Production. That won't happen if I settle on the hex.

I tried some other civs and they didn't have the TSL hex filled With Resources. It never was like this With Washington before the latest update?

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

thank you !

I've updated 3 mods on gitHub:
    https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-YnAMP
    https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-MoreCSForTheWorld
    https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-MoreCSForEurope

Hope those fixes both the loading (I can't test your save, missing a DLC) and resources issues, let me know.

14. Stauffenberg

Stauffenberg Chieftain

These updates made it possible to load the game. The only difference I saw was that the city located near Mexico city showed LOC_CITY_NAME_MEXICO_CITY instead of a real city name. So maybe the mapping of city names near Mexico is not correct.

However, the game crashed at the end of my turn as it did before the Spring update. I had hoped the Spring update would fix this crash, but it didn't. So it seems I have to make a New game hoping I won't get into a similar situation. Not sure what is causing that crash. Don't think it's YNAMP related since it happens during the AI player's turn.

The extra Mod I'm using is Extra Lenses. A quite handy mod when using workers, finding goody huts etc.

15. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

Yep this looks much better - Good Job!
    much better.jpg

16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Ahem. Russia Stooo, screenie of Russia. Nobody cares about Greece or Rome. Those are noob civs. Is the wheat back?

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

19. Prince Jordan

Prince Jordan Chieftain

Question, I read that Ludicrous map would require 8 gigs of Vram on a card to play well. Is that 8 gigs is both GDDR5 and HBM? I read that 1 gig of HBM is like several gigs of GDDR5. Please note that I don't know that much about this stuff so that could easily be wrong, I just read it in a review on newegg that mentioned it. Anyway, below are my system specs, do you think I would have issue playing on the largest map past a few hundred turns? I tried loading the Ludicrous map and it took about 5 mins. I can play enormous without any issue, about 2min turn times by turn 250 but I have not tried to play on enormous yet. Should I even bother or is it pointless?

AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7 GHz Socket AM3+ 220W FD9590FHHKWOF Desktop Processor
    32 gigs Ram
    1000 watt PSU
    SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 Fury 4GB 4096-Bit HBM PCI Express 3.0 x16 TRI-X OC+ (UEFI) Video Card

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It's the amount of memory, not its speed that is important here. With 4GB I'm afraid that you'll have missing icons and textures at Ludicrous sizd, if the game don't crash.