YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Ha-ha! I have rolled so many maps (GEM included - random start) where I don't find any CS the first 50 turns, even if I max the slider out.

Hey, nice work.

I noticed that the import resources were changed around in Beta 3.1, at least that's how it ended up in my recent game, but the Neva River by where Saint Petersburg is supposed to be is not wrapped around the bottom of the hex to Lake Ladoga as previously discussed, and there are no resources like fish and crab in the Gulf of Finland.

I figured the part where it opens up, if not the first two hexes at the bottom of the opening up (to make room for a reasonably placed harbor and Colossus/Great Lighthouse with a bonus for the resource) would be at least two good spots for a fish and crab, or whatever you feel is more significant in the Gulf of Finland.

I also thought it would be nice, instead of one of the wheat resources, to have wine by Crimea, since that is what they produce down there.

If you would be willing to consider these changes in a future update if you ever you get time, that would be great.

EDIT: I meant to add that I put on 60 civilizations, and did not find Kiev, even though you apparently added a Ukraine "city map", and I checked the CityMap.xml file on notepad, and there is one mention Kiev, while some others have multiple entries. Because others had multiple entries, I don't know how many civilizations there actually are, and from what at least one other person is saying about Yerevan, and they both don't have an "Area" value after the name in the file, I don't know if this an error, or just an overlook.

Last edited:
Met some new CS (Iceland, Senegal, Harappa, Uzbekistan) and many from Beta 2.0 (Jerusalem, Yerevan, Morocco, Amsterdam, Kiev, Dublin). I play as France, have set CS number to 37 and major civs to 23. Largest Earth, turn 155, standard. Still exploring.

Ha-ha! I have rolled so many maps (GEM included - random start) where I don't find any CS the first 50 turns, even if I max the slider out.

That's very unusual.
In my last dozen or more games (playing as Australia, Japan and China) on Giant Earth, ludicrous size,
I always have Nan Madol, Jakarta, Kandy, Seoul, and Hong Kong. They are usually within close reach
of the starting positions.

I always uncheck Culturally linked starts, because as England I don't always want to have Germany next door, for example (again, non-TSL). I suppose this may be screwing me out of CS neighbors!

That's very unusual.
In my last dozen or more games (playing as Australia, Japan and China) on Giant Earth, ludicrous size,
I always have Nan Madol, Jakarta, Kandy, Seoul, and Hong Kong. They are usually within close reach
of the starting positions.

I usually get all the same CS. Which is why its weird Yeravan is gone - must be one of the new ones is the new regular.

Hopefully Auckland is still there. Builder just sailed past Granada... long way to go.

Lack of Yervan + the expansionist mod has messed with me. I was planning on Aurora + Stockholm + Oracle which basicslly means I get every decent GP in the game. Without Yerevan I got stuck with + 1 amenity for river Lavra, and then I missed Oracle by 9 turns (stupidly).

Ah well. At least with the +1 amenity and +9 food my lavra at least pay for themselves amenity wise, non-worked food tile that boosts my faith. Guess that more then makes up for any GM I miss once I get wide enough. And its always fun to have to develop a new strat.

Last edited:
I usually get all the same CS. Which is why its weird Yeravan is gone - must be one of the new ones is the new regular.

Hopefully Auckland is still there. Builder just sailed past Granada... long way to go.

Lack of Yervan + the expansionist mod has messed with me. I was planning on Aurora + Stockholm + Oracle which basicslly means I get every decent GP in the game. Without Yerevan I got stuck with + 1 amenity for river Lavra, and then I missed Oracle by 9 turns (stupidly).

Ah well. At least with the +1 amenity and +9 food my lavra at least pay for themselves amenity wise, non-worked food tile that boosts my faith. Guess that more then makes up for any GM I miss once I get wide enough. And its always fun to have to develop a new strat.

I haven't seen Auckland in any start with Giant map, ludicrous size yet.
I hope it's there too. NZ is useless most of the time. Occasionally they
will have a useful resource, but often it's not worth settling there.

I haven't seen Auckland in any start with Giant map, ludicrous size yet.
I hope it's there too. NZ is useless most of the time. Occasionally they
will have a useful resource, but often it's not worth settling there.

I like to use the odd island for naval bases. I've even settled on Antartica. Handy for projecting power while leaving some attractive turf open for other civs. If you play that way.

I like to use the odd island for naval bases. I've even settled on Antartica. Handy for projecting power while leaving some attractive turf open for other civs. If you play that way.

It depends on what is there.
Hawaii is good if there is a luxury I don't have elsewhere; same with Madagascar
which sometimes has 2 or 3 extra luxuries.
I also like taking the very tip of South America if there is something good down
there, and it blocks other civs from sailing around into my sphere of influence (the
Pacific and Australia).

I'm not 100% on this, but I think on some of the maps Yerevan might get deleted for being too close to Hattusa or Sumeria. YnAMP automatically deletes civs at the beginning if their start location is within the three tile settling ring of another start location, so that it can enforce TSL.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think on some of the maps Yerevan might get deleted for being too close to Hattusa or Sumeria. YnAMP automatically deletes civs at the beginning if their start location is within the three tile settling ring of another start location, so that it can enforce TSL.

Its only happened since the new DLC. On giant earth, nothing is in Yeravan's ring. Preslav still spawns. Lisbon still spawns.

On top of that, I believe what you are describing is but an option. I let settlers shake n' bake.

Plus, as I mentioned, Yerevan almost always spawned in the past.

Gilgamesh got his fanny kicked by Cyrus. Cyrus went hog wild. He even took a city from Ghandhi. That is crazy. Poor Gilgo's civ is now a quivering mess of refugees west of Hattusa.

Gilgo actually dow'd on me, and wouldn't make peace. 120 turns later I get suzerain of Preslav... on Gilgo's new border.

I'm not paying attention, due to lack of interest, and Sumeria suddenly is begging for peace. Preslav had red lined their city.

Now I'm at war with Greece and Macedon, and laughing at Preslav ripping it up.

edit: thank god for Ged and his map

You can open the lua.log after launching a new game, it will show how many (and which) civilizations were placed in the game, CS included.

One peculiarity I've noticed a few times is that I get a boost to Writing,
even though I haven't actually met another Civ or CS. Today, I got a boost
for Political Philosophy for meeting 3 CS, but I haven't left Australia
yet, and no reps or troops from CS have come near me.

Is this a known problem with YnAMP or Civ6?
I captured the settler with the galley from Japan, and now it won't move.
EDIT: I just realized it can't move because I don't have shipbuilding yet.
Idiot label attached to self.

Last edited:
I really want to play the Europe map but I'm not sure how to set it up. I enable it and create a game but I don't know what Civs to enter into the game or how many city states. Anyway to find out. If I leave it random I could get America or something ridiculous. I would like the max amount of civs possible that are in the map but I don't know how many that would be or which ones or if I need to download some other modded ones. Please help. If its easy and I'm stupid then I apologize in advance.

The Aztec capital is being named as Mexico City rather than Tenochtitlan when playing on the Giant Earth map with real city names disabled. How to fix this?
With real city names disabled, or with civ-specific city names disabled? If it is the latter, then there's your answer.

Hi there!

Everytime I start the mod on the largest map possible, I can choose all civs but the game never includes more than 23.

Is this an issue?

Cant I play with more than 23 civs?

If so, what do I have to do to include more civs into the map?

Thank you in advance!

With real city names disabled, or with civ-specific city names disabled? If it is the latter, then there's your answer.

I don't play with real city names, or added CS, but there are actually 2 mexico cities in my game... one is the Aztec capital.

Top Bottom