1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'll have a look, shouldn't happen if the option is completely disabled.
    with the TSL option you can't have more civs than the number of TSL set in the map.

See second post of the thread for the "how to" for custm civs.

2. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Thank you so much!!

But where are the .modinfo file I have to edit and the SQL file?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

JUST FOR FUN and YNMAP (ALL DLCs)
    ALL CIVS + CS for GIANT EARTH MAP

- TSL as near as possible , but too many Europeans :)
    - Gorgo is now "Incas" and Gilgamesh is "South Africa" , to fill the blank spaces
    - some changes to have more fun on that map, like faster movement. ,more expensive tech and socials, so a chance not to finish in 1800 with a science victory !
    - Starting positions are at least 5 hex from each other, game allows 4 hexes

INSTALL
    Just unzip and copy to the root directory from the YNAMP mod
    If you use STEAMWORKSHOP it should be (WTF !!!)
    [your Steam folder]\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\871861883

UNINSTALL
    delete both custom files
    Have fun ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. Zigzagzog

Zigzagzog Chieftain

I have had both these things happen in my games. I'm thinking that the Writing trigger happens when I get an unmet civ eliminated notice (like that counts as meeting the civ), but I need to pay attention on a few more games to be sure.
    Don't have a clue yet about what might be triggering the early Political Philosophy boost. I've had it trigger after meeting two CSs and in another game it triggered after meeting one CS.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

My case was definitely too early. I was tucked away in the far south-east
    corner of Australia and no civ or CS could have made it even close at the
    time.

6. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Hi people!

First of all I want to say I am very sorry if I bother anyone with my question but... at page 2 of this topic I read the following:

Can someone please explain to me where I can find this '.modinfo' file I have to edit? And where I can find the SQL file?

I cant find it :(

Thank you in advance and I apologize.

agonistes likes this.
  7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

which civ are you trying to add ?

8. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Persia, Portugal, Zulu, Ethiopia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Denmark, Bosnia, Canada.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

YnAMP is pre-configured to allow 2 additional files named "custom.xml" and "custom.sql" that you simply create in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" folder (the path is different for steam installation of the mod)

So create a new file named custom.xml there, open it with notepad and add the code for TSL, like for example:
    Code:
    <GameInfo>
       <StartPosition>
          <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CANADA" X="50" Y="50" />
          <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA" X="50" Y="50" />
        </StartPosition>
    </GameInfo>

of course you have to change X="50" Y="50" to the coordinate of the starting position you want to use, and you must check what name was given to each civilization by the mods author, the CIVILIZATION_CANADA and CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA I put here are just guess.

agonistes likes this.
  10. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Thank you SO MUCH!

I am on it right away :)

11. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

Can someone point me in the direction of how to edit the Firaxis Earth Map to support more than 8 players?

I've been playing the Greatest Earth Map which is excellent but my turn times are getting up there on my system. So I would like a smaller map with lots of players, but can't seem to find the files to edit.

12. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

hello again haha; I have found another bug.
    Playing with the following settings on Giant GEM. i added a few more civs to the giant map (30 total)even though i checked the no duplicate civ option.
    the game starts with 2x russia, and 2xamerica.
    mod list.jpg Game settings 1.jpg Game settings 2.jpg green russia.jpg blue america.jpg

13. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

That's not a bug. There are no 30 civilizations in the game (we are up to I believe 24 leaders ALL together).

14. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

If you're using the Mongolia and Ethiopia mods, those civs have TSL already.

15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

How are you guys dealing with having more civs than beliefs? I get a message every turn telling me China is following/founded 'the belief.'

16. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

Last time i checked the atlas there was not 2x russias and 2x americas. its a bug. its not a true start location. or maybe you think there should be 2 of every other civ in the game too. lets have 2 australias in there too.
    Yes i know theres 24 civs im just saying if you add more and check the no duplicate box more gets added.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

You just need to use the "enforce TSL" option if you want to, well, enforce TSL, and use the don't allow "Alternate TSL" if you don't want duplicate civs.

But then don't come and post "I found another bug, I've asked for 30 players, why are there only 22 in my game ?"

(people are already asking that for city states)

18. Odinbudd

Odinbudd Chieftain

Just curious, is it better to download and install the mod myself, or to simply subscribe to the mod through steam. I recently reinstalled the game, as I was sure I had messed something up in the files by tinkering too much, and decided to try and subscribe through steam. I don't see as many options for the mod anymore, but it does seem stable.

Which is the preferred method for installation?

19. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

If you are worried that your Workshop item isn't up to date simply delete it (go into the workshop and find the right number, just go into each folder and you see files that look like the mod), delete it, unsubscribe, and re-subscribe and that should re-download the latest version.

20. Odinbudd

Odinbudd Chieftain

I'm not sure if it is that the mod is not up to date, or if the steam version just come with less options naturally. For example, when it was manually installed I had like 8 different mods in the additional content section. I could change # of tiles between cities and that type of stuff. With the steam version, I don't see any of that. Is it elsewhere, or just a simpler version for the masses?