YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Keeps loading when playing the new Huge Earth

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
There is no TSL on the huge earth, you need to fill the map.xml with the positions before playing.

how can i put TSL? and know the x and y of the map?
See "how to" in the second post in FP.

Global note about turn time, seems that the Barbarians are taking some time to do their moves again.

Try the additional component that spawn less Barbarians.

The latest updates fixed the starting resources for e. g. America.

One thing I noticed is that the game turns are a bit slower than before in a new game I started. I'm playing with Giant Earth and have about 15 civs and 20 city states present. The first 10-20 turns go pretty fast and then I get slowdowns. Is that part of the Firaxis spring update (AI using more time for each civ)? Or is that related to the number of civs and city states I pick. I see I can pick up to 60 city states. Before I think I picked about 15 civs and 12 city states. Could the increased number of city states cause the slowdown?

My PC is brand new with a I7-Q7700K CPU, 32 GB RAM and Nvidia GTX-1070 graphics card. So it's not my PC that's the reason for the long time between ending a turn until I can do the next one. The slowdown I have at turn 30 is something I would expect at turn 300+. It can take several minutes before I can play the next turn.

Last edited:
It's the return of the Barbarians bug, see the post above.

Hi, sorry but getting a bit confused by all the updates now.

Is the files in post 1614 or post 1619 the newest ones (Maps of configuration, gameplay, maps, override, scripts). The confusion is that it seems like post 1614 has the newest dates for saving, but the post 1619 is the last one put into this thread :) (late friday, so sorry if this questions is a mess)

In post #1614 you have the gitHub links, where you'll find the development version of the mod, the code is more recent but not intended for public release, for example right now I've updated gitHub with some code for YnAMP that is absolutely not tested in game and half-integrated, if you install that version it may not even load...

The versions on Steam Workshop or the Download section of CFC (like the link in post #1619) are the "releases", those should work and are intended for public use.

In post #1614 you have the gitHub links, where you'll find the development version of the mod, the code is more recent but not intended for public release, for example right now I've updated gitHub with some code for YnAMP that is absolutely not tested in game and half-integrated, if you install that version it may not even load...

It loads Ok for me in approx. 3 minutes for Giant Map, ludicrous size, King
level, marathon pace, no barbs.

I use...
i7-4400, 16Gb, GTX970.

Ynamp + Cliffs of Dover, More CS for World, Remove Close CS, Resource
Placement Tweak.

DLCs: Australia, Aztec, Persia & Macedon, Poland.

24 Civs, 60 CS.

I'm not sure yet how many of the 60 CS appear. It seems like only about 30
come up, but I'm only on turn 250.
New CS that I haven't seen for a very long time (like Cape Town) are now in
the game.

See "how to" in the second post in FP.

Global note about turn time, seems that the Barbarians are taking some time to do their moves again.

Try the additional component that spawn less Barbarians.

I had a feeling that the slowdowns were barbarian related. From what's been reported though it's definitely not limited to YNAMP or even large map users. I've found that the problem is still there even with the Less Barbarians addon :|.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/discussions/0/135512931350925170/

I had a feeling that the slowdowns were barbarian related. From what's been reported though it's definitely not limited to YNAMP or even large map users. I've found that the problem is still there even with the Less Barbarians addon :|.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/discussions/0/135512931350925170/
FWIW, in over 100 games since the release, and with Ynamp since it was first released,
I have never had a CTD, or any other "unpleasantness" with barbs off. That style of
game doesn't suit everyone, but at least the turn times are reasonable, and you don't
have to worry about weird, unexpected behaviour.

I have been playing Largest map in Beta 2.0, everything was fine. However, I couldn't start a new game when I upgraded to Beta 3.1 yesterday. The game crashed when it was loading for a new game and went back to main menu automatically after 2 mins.

Last edited:
I have been playing Largest map in Beta 2.0, everything was fine. However, I couldn't start a new game when I upgraded to Beta 3.1 yesterday. The system crashes when it was loading for a new game and went back to main menu automatically after 2 mins.
I'll need the lua.log, database.log and modding.log please.

Here are the files. Merci.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Lua.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • Modding.txt
    179.2 KB · Views: 75
Is Capetown from the mod? I can't recall if it has the question mark or not. Yerevan didn't show latest game, so somebody else is around.

No Dance of the Aurora for my Russia... oh god.

edit: Sumeria keeps stealing my Dance of the Aurora...
edit 2: 1 more try , then I go with Persia or China... and weep til next DLC
edit 3: when worldbuilder comes out, Russia is getting some tundra dye, I promise you

Last edited:
Is Capetown from the mod? I can't recall if it has the question mark or not. Yerevan didn't show latest game, so somebody else is around.

Yes, Cape Town has a ?
Rabat and Dakar are in, as is Ile Ife in Africa.
Chichen Itza is in Central America.

I'd tell you more, but I get kicked out of places before I can finish mapping them.
Steal one sheep, or a settler, and the locals get all huffy. Shrug.

edit 3: when worldbuilder comes out, Russia is getting some tundra dye, I promise you

Dye hard! With a Vengeance!

Interesting start for Persia on Play Europe again. If somewhat water-starved in Capital unless you move southwest to the lake. Due north of Gilgy and due south of Tomyris... should be an interesting game! Are there any "Civilization resources" that were placed for Persia of note?

You know, I play with it set to 60 CS, but no modded CS. You'd think every CS would show up. Yerevan is 0 for 4. Next time they show up, I am razing them.

Top Bottom