1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@sukritact Does that mean you'll be uploading them here in the d/b or only on Steam?

2. samsonic

samsonic Chieftain

@Gedemon

Thanks got it....already working on it now

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

To those having issues with Beliefs and blocked turns, can you try this:

I've attached to this post a zip with a custom.xml file to place in "\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\" that should add 40 neutral beliefs to your actual saved game (do not start a new game with it, or keep it there until you've finished it...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    agonistes likes this.
  4. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

Gedemon, Thanks for your new mod update, I like it!

Could you add cliffs to the cordiform Earth? or if it cannot be done, then could you add an option in the setting that allows the computer to auto-generate cliffs? Is it possible?

5. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Awesome updates Ged!

Beliefs weren't blocking my turn, just giving an annoying message every turn.

Why can't'/shouldn't we start a new game with the beliefs? What do you mean by "keep it there..."?

Can you explain what maritime compatability does?

Will we ever see jade, mercury, or gold luxuries in imported resources? I didn't even notice jade and mercury not being there... shows you how much I don't play on your map - 1000 hours in too.

Keep up the good work! Its appreciated!

edit: running China atm, trying to utilize the double engineer wonder (built in 4 turns with chinese workers) and craftsmen belief. I think ideally u'd use the wonder for the housing engineers too, build great zimbabwe, and overload on trade routes from one city. But I don't have a good spot for Zimbabwe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It just here to allow you to finish a game by selecting a belief after unlocking your turn (if you can't then it's useless)

I don't know how it will affect the AI, and if you remove it and try to reload a game saved with it in the YnAMP's folder I suppose your game will crash.

There is a mod adding Maritime CS, the compatibility is the code to allow them to spawn near the coast.

7. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

What is the map that is recommend to play with? The more polished version? I guess that would be the giant size map?

Also, is the lastest version still compatible with tomacaheh (yes I butchered that :p) religions mod?

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Crash to Dektop with Linux version released about 2 hours ago.
    Using: i7, 16Gb, GTX 1060, all graphic settings at low. No barbarians.

I suspect it's to do with the old uppercase/lowercase problem reported
    several times before.

Essentially the same type of errors in lua.log appeared, whether I used
    the latest github version of Beta.4, or the downloaded version from
    Steam, or whether I chose Giant Earth Map or other large maps.

Here are a few lines from the lua.log around the two "Error" messages:

AdvancedSetup: Hiding Game Setup
    AdvancedSetup: Releasing Player Parameters
    Name, Creation, Register Libs, Register Controls, Load, Show/Hide, Total
    LoadScreen, 1416, 62197, 5189, 374634, 0, 443436
    LoadScreen: true
    LoadScreen: false
    Runtime Error: Error opening/reading \home\leo\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\871861883\Override\assignstartingplots.lua.
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'lInclude'
    \home\leo\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\871861883\Maps\GiantEarth\GiantEarth.lua:15: in function '(main chunk)'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    Lua callstack:
    Runtime Error: Error loading \home\leo\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\871861883\Maps\GiantEarth\GiantEarth.lua.
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    YnAMP_Script: Yet (not) Another Maps Pack version Beta .4 (2016-2017) by Gedemon
    YnAMP_Script: loading YnAMP_Script.lua
    YnAMP_Script: Map Name = GiantEarth

9. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Warlord

Hey all, out of curiosity, what are the load times and turn times on a state of the art laptop, say somewhere around a i7-7820HK, GTX1080, and 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2400MHz?

10. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Gedemon, I am a MAC user playing civ 6. Firstly, thanks for the great map. I have been using your earth map since Civ 4/5. I have never tried editing the map parameters before. However, with the absence of world builder/map editor tool, I would like to try doing some changes. This is only for my own standalone computer only and not on any network. Will I be able to place my specific resources (oil/coal/aluminium) on specific map co-ordinates. If yes, do I need to make changes to any other file/s other than your downloaded file. Appreciate your guidance. Thanks

11. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

Anybody? :)

12. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Does the JFD-civs work on YnAMP? When I try to start a game, the screen turns black with the text "start game", then it quits to menu. Not sure if this problem is related to this mod...

13. tomaltachpaulson

tomaltachpaulson Chieftain

The city names on Play Europe Again are 90% done. Of the Earth maps Giant Earth has the most finished.
    Custom civs can be made compatible (see this post), but it has to done as part of the civ mod, so you'd have to talk with JFD about making his civs work on the YnAMP maps.

14. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

Thanks! :)
    And is the religions mod compatible?

15. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Have you started with just JFD-civs and YnAMP? If a game doesn't start and returns to the menu it means that there is something that prevents the game from starting (could be a missing reference, i.e a reference to something that doesn't exist)

16. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Some vanilla-civs, some DLCs, and some JFD-civs. Wierd stuff.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Please post your database.log and modding.log (see second post for how to)

18. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Just curious how many other players set Rhyse and Fall type goals for themselves. My most recent example is that I started over five times until I was able to build the Pyramids, Great Lighthouse, Great Library and found a religion as Cleopatra on the Play Europe Again map.

19. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Well... I used to, kind of. But when you make the same wonders/get the same great people every game, it is less interesting. So I won't start over. But I still try for civ appropriate wonders, and will neglect those I feel aren't so appropriate.

It is agony for me not to build the policy wonders. I really struggle not to do so.

Ged... just used your neutral beliefs. Seems to have worked for the ai. Message says "chosen Neutral Belief Belief." Dunno if you care. I don't, as it will only appear once.

20. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Cant be uploaded...
    "

The following error occurred
    The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Modding.log
    "