1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

2. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Here...

Attached Files:

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

4. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Hi Gedemon!

I can choose lots of civs in the selection screen (40+) but always only 20+ appear in game.

Playing largest map possible.

Any advice about how to get them all in my game?

I have seen your screenshots, you managed to get much more. How did you do that? What should I do to get the same?

Thank you in advance!

LOVE YOUR MOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. 22radioactive22

22radioactive22 Chieftain

Is Persia located in TSL in the Europe map?

6. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

Is there map to play with real life resources location?

7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Problem of Crash to Desktop solved for Linux Mint 17.3 after the recent
    release for Macs and Unix.

There is no need to rename files to lowercase.

1. Convert all include lines in all .lua files lowercase, e.g.
    include "MapEnums" to include "mapenums"

2. Copy the contents of AssignStartingPlots.lua (except the 2 include lines)
    to the end of GiantEarth.lua, i.e after the GetMap() function.

3. In GiantEarth.lua comment out the line include "assignstartingplots".

4. Delete or (rename) the Override directory.

The same trick should work with the other maps.

So far YnAMP works beautifully with Giant Map, ludicrous size (230x115),
    all 24 Civs and 60 City States.
    I only use 4 of the Add-ons, namely:
    Cliffs of Dover, Resource Tweaks, More CS for World, and Delete Close CS.

SimonB1er likes this.
  8. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

I just want to say that the Europe map in this map pack is underrated and needs more love.

Just played it for the first time... what a fun game!

9. bantipc

bantipc Chieftain

Some civs like England & Australia never settle more than 1 city in Greatest Earth map (seen this happening repetitively), does this happen for any particular reason?
    Playing Greatest Earth Map in King difficulty at Epic speed.

10. Sylpha

Sylpha Chieftain

Some Info for Mac users (OS X El Captain): If you can't install the mod successfully following the location suggested by Gedemon, try this location instead:

(I purchased the game via Mac AppStore, not sure does it make any difference)

/Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

To enable the debug panel, you can find the AppOptions.txt one level up

11. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Go into mods and find the expansionist trait mod - it makes everyone expand much much more. I find it essential for these massive maps. I don't like to see wasted space.

12. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Hi there! Can someone help me answer my question?

I can choose lots of civs in the selection screen (40+) but always only 20+ appear in game (YnAEMP largest map)

Playing largest map possible.

Any advice about how to get them all in my game?

Thanks!

13. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Where is this mod? Cant find it.

14. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

OK just had science win as Spain on the Play Europe Again map including my own Rhys type objectives. 1) "One True Religion" - found Catholic faith 2) Build Alhambra 3) "Reconquista" - settle all of North Africa west of Carthage, no other civs allowed. Ready for my next challenge for with either Alexander, Trajan or the Persians. BTW I have Mor units and more CS mods installed. Any suggestions? I usually play at King difficulty and one speed slower than standard can't remember that name.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  15. realott

realott Chieftain

The problem for me is that if I want to play 128x80 (https://imgur.com/a/pxU8u) Huge Earth map then at the start of the game, the whole map is undiscovered, so there is no starting position for me and also the "turn" is loading or something. And is it okay that I don't have the map "Enormous" in map list but I have the Huge Earth one (see in screenshot)
    Anyone knows what causes this bug?

The reason why I want to play 128 x 80 is because Giant Earth (180x94) is too slow. in turn 40+, end turn time was more than 5 minutes.. so 100 turns takes more than 8 hours waiting time :)
    Although I did read from reddit that official DLCs or barbarians can cause end turn to be slow, I removed them both and tested it - at turn 90+, turns took only about 25 seconds...so official DLC's or barbarians, somewhere there is the barbaric problem.

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ATM only civs with TSL will be placed on the map if you use the TSL option. I may add a mixed TSL/random option at some point, but for now you'll have to make sure that duplicate civs have an alternate TSL.

The TSL are not set on that map, you'll have to edit the Map.xml to add them (see second post in the first page for "how to"), some users of the map are also working on it.

17. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Kinda just realized that I haven't seen Kiev, Ireland or Iceland CS's on the Play Europe Again map. Do they have starting locations? I'm not running the No Close CS mod so I do get Brussels and Amsterdam.

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Ged, forgive me asking a more general question here... how can I switch the colors for Russia and Poland? And would it take effect in an active game?

19. bantipc

bantipc Chieftain

First of all, I just want to thank you for all your hard work, this map pack is awesome.
    I just wanted to know one more thing-
    Is it possible to expand Greatest Earth Map's Pacific Ocean and move Japanese islands like 15 tiles or more away. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

P.S. Playing GEM is not possible as turns get very slow. Greatest Earth Map on the other hand is a clear winner. Only this one thing, Japan tries to settle in America in the later areas which is highly unrealistic. After the latest update the AI has gotten very adept at invading & send a formidable force over that small patch of Pacific Ocean which is extremely unrealistic. Only if we could expand the Pacific Ocean somehow, making the map 125 x 64 wouldn't hurt much.

20. bantipc

bantipc Chieftain

Well actually I was using AI+ mod which was somehow messing with the new update. Disabled it now and I can say the AI is behaving much much much better. After the latest update the AI has somehow gotten very good at positioning units while invading. They still make some stupid moves though but still they are making things worthwhile. That settling problem I was talking about earlier has also vanished.