YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

There is more, but I'll just leave it at what I already posted since I can't attach the file itself.

@Gedemon

Just wanted to know whether you have done the tsl of the huge map you release way back.....Thanks
sadly the following post is still valid:
I can convert the map itself (and a few others now that it seems that the worldbuilder is not a part of the SDK) but I wont have any time left for setting the TSL on those maps, help to fill the XML files will be required.

There is more, but I'll just leave it at what I already posted since I can't attach the file itself.
Same goes here, I'm sorry but I don't have time to debug other mods, I've not even enough time to progress on mines. I've just pointed you to the fill to look at for debugging, I can just add that it would be a good idea to test it without other mods activated, seems that one of the "more CS for..." mod is present in your logs.

@Gedemon

Thanks for the reply....i will have to take my time to do it....btw is there an tip in getting close to accurate tsl with the giant earth map as the reference.....and how can i upscale the huge map height as i find it a little bit compressed....Good work on the map

sadly the following post is still valid:

Same goes here, I'm sorry but I don't have time to debug other mods, I've not even enough time to progress on mines. I've just pointed you to the fill to look at for debugging, I can just add that it would be a good idea to test it without other mods activated, seems that one of the "more CS for..." mod is present in your logs.

Thank you, I was thinking while looking through the file before I posted it to look for a file with values for "Leaders" in it, and I found just the file, called "Leaders.xml". I'll also disable the "more CS for...", which I think I tried before, but I wasn't certain if it was a combination of what I did as well as a mod, and it turns out that was the case after all.

@Gedemon

Thanks for the reply....i will have to take my time to do it....btw is there an tip in getting close to accurate tsl with the giant earth map as the reference.....and how can i upscale the huge map height as i find it a little bit compressed....Good work on the map
Dale's made the map, he's the one to credit for the work.

upscaling is not easy without redrawing the whole map, it was a lot of work to create the largest earth from the giant earth, even using a script as a starting base.

Fuji worked, sorta
Seems perfectly normal :D
Spoiler :
Ranji,_label_of_Japanese_green_tea_-_Rising_Sun_on_Mt._Fuji_design.jpg

I'm working on a new table and code to add NW using custom placement rules (including cleaning the tiles where they are placed)

First off, thanks for this map pack! The 180x94 map is particularly solid. I was wondering if anyone on here knows how I can make small changes to this map. I enabled the World Editor, but I can't seem to access this map through it. Is there any workaround, or do I misunderstand how to use the editor? (I'd like to make a small change to the Japanese islands, separating Kyushu from the main island of Honshu).

First off, thanks for this map pack! The 180x94 map is particularly solid. I was wondering if anyone on here knows how I can make small changes to this map. I enabled the World Editor, but I can't seem to access this map through it. Is there any workaround, or do I misunderstand how to use the editor? (I'd like to make a small change to the Japanese islands, separating Kyushu from the main island of Honshu).
what's the x,y of the land plot you want to remove ? (see FP for how to get the coordinate of a plot)

If I want to keep certain CS's from spawning in my games (therefore ensuring that the ones I do want spawn) do I erase certain lines of code or just change the x.y to something that can't spawn. I assume I do this through the "More CS" mod. Can you tell me what the steam workshop path is for that? I'm confused by all the numbered folders. I did read the instructions on the first page of the thread and still have questions.

You need to remove them from the game, take example on the "Remove Close CS" mod.

I've no idea of the exact steam path for each component, just do a search for .modinfo in the steam folder.

If someone give me the coordinate on the map, yes. (see FP for how to get the coordinate of a plot)

BTW, once we have a complete XML for Dale's huge earth, I'll convert a new map.

@sukritact: I've uploaded a new version of the mod on gitHub, the code below allows placement of custom NW from your mod:

SQL
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS NaturalWonderPosition
    (    MapName TEXT NOT NULL,
        FeatureType TEXT NOT NULL,
        TerrainType TEXT,
        X INT default 0,
        Y INT default 0);

XML (can be converted to SQL of course)
Code:
    <NaturalWonderPosition>
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="98" Y="58" FeatureType="FEATURE_SUK_FUJI" />
    </NaturalWonderPosition>

and for a multi plots NW, just enter all plot in the table like that (I needed to put it a bit more to the North, else the Mekong is not displayed by the game engine)
Code:
    <NaturalWonderPosition>
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="76" Y="41" FeatureType="FEATURE_SUK_TONLESAP" />
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="77" Y="40" FeatureType="FEATURE_SUK_TONLESAP" />
    </NaturalWonderPosition>

The table also has a TerrainType column if you want to pre-place specific terrain before the NW on those plots, but this shouldn't be needed with the direct placement code I use.

Clipboard-1.jpg

@Gedemon

Hello Its me again...have finally been able to place the tsl for the major and minor civ but have having a little problem with the region position...i have no idea on how to define it on the huge map,Help needed

@Gedemon

Hello Its me again...have finally been able to place the tsl for the major and minor civ but have having a little problem with the region position...i have no idea on how to define it on the huge map,Help needed

Here is an example for the GiantEarth:
Code:
     <RegionPosition>
          <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Region="GROENLAND" X="157" Y="81" Width="22" Height="12" />
     </RegionPosition>
X,Y are the coordinate of the bottom-left plot of a "rectangle" of 22 plots width and 12 plots height.

For all regions currently used for resource exclusion/inclusion and real world deposit, see:
https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-YnAMP/blob/master/Maps/GiantEarth/Map.xml

Now the option is actually deactivated for the Huge map, to activate it after setting some regions, open Config.xml in the YnAMP - Huge Earth folder wit a text editor, find:
Code:
    <Parameters>
        <!--    HugeEarth Options
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="HugeEarth.lua" ParameterId="ResourcesExclusion" Name="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE_NAME" Description="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE_DESCRIPTION" Domain="ResourcesExclusion" DefaultValue="PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="ResourcesExclusion" GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="275"/>
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="HugeEarth.lua" ParameterId="RealDeposits" Name="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_RWDEPOSIT_NAME" Description="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_RWDEPOSIT_DESCRIPTION" Domain="RealDeposits" DefaultValue="PLACEMENT_DEPOSIT" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="RealDeposits" GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="277"/>

-->

and move the line of the option you want to activate below the line with "-->", for example to activate just exlusion/exclusive placement:

Code:
    <Parameters>
        <!--    HugeEarth Options
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="HugeEarth.lua" ParameterId="RealDeposits" Name="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_RWDEPOSIT_NAME" Description="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_RWDEPOSIT_DESCRIPTION" Domain="RealDeposits" DefaultValue="PLACEMENT_DEPOSIT" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="RealDeposits" GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="277"/>

-->
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="HugeEarth.lua" ParameterId="ResourcesExclusion" Name="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE_NAME" Description="LOC_MAP_RESOURCES_PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE_DESCRIPTION" Domain="ResourcesExclusion" DefaultValue="PLACEMENT_EXCLUDE" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="ResourcesExclusion" GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="275"/>

the line with ParameterId="ResourcesExclusion" is used for exclusion/exclusive placement of resource as defined in the Resource.xml file in the base mod (<ResourceRegionExclude> and <ResourceRegionExclusive> tables).

the line with ParameterId="RealDeposits" is currently used to place Oil and Coal in specific regions (also defined in the Resource.xml file, the <ResourceRegionDeposit> table)

the difference between <ResourceRegionExclusive> and <ResourceRegionDeposit> tables is that a resource in the first table will be found only in the regions defined while in the second table they can also be placed in other regions by the game's.

@Gedemon That's awesome! Thanks very much! I'll update both wonders either today or TMR.
Great, I'll post the YnAMP update tomorrow.

Could you add the true start location earth map (the map shipped within the original game) to your mod? I could help with the tsl.
The cordiform Earth is nice, but the shape of land in that map is not realistic.

Could you add the true start location earth map (the map shipped within the original game) to your mod? I could help with the tsl.
The cordiform Earth is nice, but the shape of land in that map is not realistic.
One map at a time, atm it's Dale's huge earth that's being added, a smaller Europe got a lot of requests too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom