Zorn1: The great fall

Soo...here we go.

What I did.

First things first, the war is going very well (actually, I was expecting a little more from the AI. Of course, monarch isn`t a hotshot, but still... anyway).
In the west, I had to slow down a little, to wait for the artillery to arrive (I learned that cossacks aren`t very good in taking fortified cities, but they are great in clearing out redlined defenders. So, we "only" razed Entremont, and captured Pyrene (has 3 wonders, I coulnd`t raze it) and Milan (I thought a while if I should raze or keep. I the end I decided to keep it, because it is right where I would fount the replacement city, and completely cut off from the rest of the celtic lands. Should be easy to retake if it flips.) Of course, both cities are set to starve. Further north, we captured Tsiantsing (accidently, I missclicked. I wanted to raze it)
Minor setback: Had to abandon the plan to combat-rail the front. Celtic horsearcher were striking everywhere, and I hadn`t enough defenders to protect the workers properly.
Also the celts managed to found some new cities, but no big deal there.

Meanwhile in the east:

Near Uralsk things were most ugly. However, nothing severe happended, and the situation is now under control. I`d just recommend to stay defensive here.
At the spanish frontier, I couldn`t resist to advance. Spain provided absolutely no resistance, only a few, very outdated roman units slowed me down a little (legions and med. inf).
Soon, Barcelone burned. I starded to build settlers to fill the empty area. Two cities have allready been founded.
Murcia was captured this turn, and I kept it. When Santiago falls next turn, flip chances should be very low.

Summary: 2 cities burned, 3 captured. We have 4 big stacks of units, 2 on each front.

Other events:
I got 3 leaders.
The first rushed the general stuff shool.
The second rushed the military academy.
The third spawned after I took Murcia on my last turn, so I kept him for the next player. He still is in Murcia, all movement points left.
I`d say rush the naval academy with him, that would provide us with all the naval power we will need in this game. Or wait for espionage to rush the intelligence agency. Espionage will finish in two turns.

Speaking of research, we got great war, military tradition and are currently researching espionage.
After that, I´d suggest city planing. We want parks, and Eifel tower is also a quite usefull wonder.

Our best city (as for production) New kiew is producing the Arc. It will fiinnish soon. After that, we might also try Clausewitz on War. Cheaper upgrades are allways useful in AW.

And finally, suggested "to-do-list"

- 2 small wonders are not yet buildt: Naval academy and international port. I´d build them both, using leaders. IP maybe in Aramagh (that is this remote celtic city in the far south. Would need a palace also, but then it would be a crazy city)
- 2 more small wonders will come soon: Intelligence agency and battlefield medicine (we are currently building hospitals). I suggest to leader-rush them also.
Great wonders: Clausewitz would be nice. And we should go for the supreme court (needs three district courthouses)
- A second settler-factory would be useful. We will probably get a lot of free space soon.

There you go madviking, enjoy the ride.

Inconvinience #2:
Go to the Firaxis Inquisitor folder (in your \\Conquest\Art\Units directory), and copy all files in that folder into the new RAR Priest animation folder.
Go to the Firaxis Longship folder (in your \\Conquests\Conquests\Middle Ages\Art\Units directory), and copy all files in that folder into the new RAR Longboat folder.

Have you done this?

In the mean time, we should diskuss where we want the IP.
Which cities are the candidates?

My proposals:
Tiflis, but we would have to grab some tiles from Krasnojarsk, strarving this city. 16 water tiles

Armagh, but we have to conquer it first and it would need a palace. 17 water tiles

Milan. According to CivAssist it hasn`t even a flip chance. 14 water tiles.

No other city has a substantial number of water tiles.

The key to a good IP city is not just the water tiles, but also the number of mountain and hill tiles in the radius so we can profitably use all that extra food - another 140spt city would be nice...

Well, an ocean tile has 3 shields (with offshore platform), coast 2.
That is usually enough to make up for a lack of hills and mountains.
However, Tiflis has several mountains, and Amargh has Tunra, where frrets can be planted.

Honestly, I don`t know. I usually play the extended version, where research is much slower. Whenever I play normal mode I am just amazed how fast research is going ahead.
So seriously, I have very little feeling of ho long it will take us to get to offshores (they are mid-industrial, right?).
Also, expansion in the east might take some time (if not for AI resistance, then because of this stupid jungle)
And I just like to plan long term. :D

I thought offshores were early modern? (can't be bothered to check right now).

I've got a feeling that while the game could last till them, we won't need too. As soon as the west is sorted we can expand east as fast as our railroads can be built - pretty much all the scienctific innovation was done by us, and the further east you go the lower tech they get (greeks are still in the ancient age or something :rolleyes: )

I haven`t seen sanabas in any other thread for a while. I think he`s unavailable.
If he he hasn´t posted untill tomorrow, I´ll skip him.

Top Bottom