this mod adds many revolt types and citizen migration
This mod doesn't need any DLC and is compatible with any DLC or mod
old name of this mod was Loyalty++.
THIS MOD IS A BETA AND IS NOT VERY STABLE
At start of every game you will have to chose what players will be "killed", that mean they won't appear in game exept if a colonial or a separatism riot happen, you have 4 possible option to chose those players:
you can choose to not kill any player but there won't be any colonial civilization that will spawn after a separatist revolt or colonial riot.
- random : this will kill random player exept Human player, you can chose how many major/minor you want to be killed
- Other continents: this option will kill every player that is not on your continent : if the continent do at least the minimum size, you can chose the minimum size.
- Only Certains players : you can chose what Civilization you want to be killed, if the Civilization is in the game it will be killed, if not then nothing happen.
- Only certain alive players : You can chose what Civilization you want to be killed among alive players
This mod is compatible with vanilla and every DLC.
If you have any problem, with this mod, you can ask in the discussion, I will try to help you.
the Uprising lvl will depend on your action, the lower it is the more chance there is of revolt
if your Uprising lvl per turn is negative then you start having chance of revolt, the type of revolt depends on why your citizens are unhappy.
there is 5 type of revolt
I explain each of them in more detail after
- War exhaustion
but for each of them the revolt will take place like this:
For every plot where a citizen works, a barbarian Unit will appear.
it can either be a warrior or strong unit (one of the last unit unlocked by the player), the lower the Uprising lvl per turn is the more there will be strong unit.
The revolt win if there is at least 1 unit alive at the end of the siege,
the siege duration depends on number and power of units and city defense. (8 + (CityResistance - UnitCount - EliteUnitNumber)/10)
minimum is 5 turn, max is 15 turn.
if the revolt siege wins your city gain your negative loyalty as separatism.
The city yields production is halved from the start of the revolt for 30 turn (the reduction is gradually reduced during this time)
the yields that are halved depends on the revolt type but for all revolts gold is halved
science and culture are halved if your government or you war exhaustion is lower than -50
faith is halved if your religious stability is under -50.
This revolt happen when your war exhausted your citizens, they will revolt until you stop the war.
if the siege win then all cities arround (15plot) with less than +100 uprising lvl per turn will revolt next turn
war exhaustion can only be negative, you gain it with these event :
- War Duration: For every war events (Battle, city under siege or Occupied) since last peace, you gain 1 war duration penalty. Every turn you gain (war duration penalty+20)/30 , this mean 0.03 per events from the 20th event (can't be positive), as war exhaustion and you lose 1 war duration cause AI never do peace, so if there is no event the war duration penalty go down.
- Battle: every health point lost = +0.03 war exhaustion (damage/30 rounded, if your unit take 14 damage and did 30 you will gain 0.5 war exhaustion while your enemy will gain 1)
- Units Dismantle (die) or get captured: you gain 1 war exhaustion.
- City under siege or captured: +1 War exhaustion per turn for all your city being besieged or occupied
- Declaring War: give war exhaustion depending on warmong
the only current way to lose WEP is peace -10 war exhaustion per turn or no event during 5 turn (to help AI again) - 3 war exhaustion per turn
Being at peace give +30 loyalty per turn in all you cities (in other effect)
This revolt happen when your religious unity is low:
If the revolt wins, all cities around gain presure for the religion of the city where the revolt happened, (if it was pagan nothing happen)
- Heretics/pagans in city: every Heretic (follower of religions that are not dominant in the city) will do lose 10 Uprising lvl per turn and conversely every follower of dominant religion in city do gain 10 Uprising lvl per turn
- Heretics/pagans cities:every cities that follow a religion that is not the major player religion (most followed in player cities and player own religion) will lose 50 Uprising lvl per turn and conversely every city who Follow Major player gain 50 Uprising lvl per turn
- Era: Multiply Religion stability depending on era, all era multiplier: ancient and classical:1 medieval and renaissance: 1.5 industrial :1 modern and atomic : 0.5 informatic :0.1
Every governments have their own stability every turn you will gain or lose Goverment stability randomly depending on your goverment, more stable goverment are republics while all autocratic government are the worst, You will lose Government stability when you change goverment (-30 * number of cities) and policies (-1 per policies in your government * number of cities) and every goverment add a new multiplier to religion Uprising lvl per turn, every goverment average stability gain per turn and religion multiplier:
if the uprise win and your capital didn't uprise then you capital uprise,
if the uprise win in your capital the government change for a random government of the same tier.
- CHIEFDOM : average +5.25 per turn, religion multiplier: 1.5
- AUTOCRACY : average +2.6 per turn
- OLIGARCHY : average +3.05 per turn and -0.1 WEP per turn
- CLASSICAL REPUBLIC : average +8.35 per turn
- MONARCHY : average +5.05, religion multiplier: 1.5, if is at war with another religion - 0.3 WEP per turn
- THEOCRACY : average +4.63, religion multiplier: 2, if is at war with another religion - 0.5 WEP per turn
- MERCHANT REPUBLIC : average +8.35, if is at war with another religion - 0.1 WEP per turn
- FASCISM : average +2.575 and -0.1 WEP per turn
- COMMUNISM : average + 2.575
- DEMOCRACY : average +13.205
- Synthetic Technocracy : average +13.205 and religion multiplier: 0.5
- Corporate Libertarianism average : + 10,955 and -1 WEP per turn
- Digital Democracy : average + 13.655
- ANARCHY : average -15
When you take a city by force it will become Separatist, more the city have citizens and culture per turns more it will be long to change the city culture, culture is based on who found the city, the only way to change a city culture is to have 0 separatism in the city
Separatisme can only be negative.
separatism reduce over time, every neighbour city affect it each turn, more the neighbor city have population and culture per turn more it will have effect.
if the city have a different culture than yours separatism will be reduced 4x slower and neighbor city that have the same culture or separatism will slow the reduction speed and city that have 0 separatism and have your culture will accelerate it.
more you have loyalty per turn faster separatism will vanish,
if you have less than -200 loyalty per turn your city won't lose separatism and even gain 1 each turn
if you are at war with the old owner the separatism doesn't reduce.
if a sepatist revolt wins the city join it's old owner, you lose the city.
A city can have a colonial riot if it's too far from its capital (number of plot in the map/ 750 min 10 max 25)
further it is and the more citizens there are harder it is to keep it, (DistancewithCapital * hab^1.05 /2)
it can only be negative.
if the revolt win and you killed some players at start then a new empire should appear or it will join a close empire that born after a revolt.
Cultural identity is similar to separatism but it can be positive and it doesn't depend on its last turn value.
if it's lower than -50 and an uprise win, the city will join the Empire that caused the -50.
- happiness: +30 Uprising lvl per turn per amenities in the city, can be negative.
- Garrison : +power of the unit in garrison Uprising lvl per turn.
- food : +6 Uprising lvl per turn per food surplus in the city, can be negative.
- wonders : +5 Uprising lvl per turn per wonders.in the city.
- Buildings : +1 Uprising lvl per turn per buildings in the city.
- Districts : +2 Uprising lvl per turn per districts in the city.
- Peace : +30 Uprising lvl per turn if is at peace
- Empire size : -5 Uprising lvl per turn per city in your empire. can only be negative.
What is "ideal city":
- War migration, citizens will flee country hat has War Exhaustion, more War Exhaustion = more migration, will search ideal city that has less than 10 War Exhaustion.
- Religion Migration, citizens will flee cities that has a negative religion stability, more heretics = more migration, will search an ideal city or country that follows his religion.
- Government Migration, citizens will flee country that has a negative Government stability, Worst Government stability = more migration, will search an ideal city that has a positive government stability and a different government
- Separatist Migration, citizens will flee cities that is separatist, more city is separatist = more migration, will search an ideal city that has his culture and is not separatist (come back to his original country)
every city have an attractivity depending on :
more a city is attractive more it will get Migrations
- Cities at war have 0 attractivity
- Cities that are closer have an attractivity bonus (max migration distance depends on era goes from 20 plots to 100)
- Citizens prefer not changing country if possible (more attractivity if same country)
- Citizens prefer cities with positive Uprising lvl(more uprising lvl per turn = more attractivity)
- Citizens prefer cities that have housing and food surplus
- Citizens prefer Cities with amenities
- Citizen prefer cities that have district and more gold per turn
- Citizen prefer cities that have wonders
Revolt Can't repeat : Your city need 30 turn to be able to revolt after a rescent revolt
Chance of Revolt: every turn, depending on your Uprising lvl and from how much your are in negative, the calcul is -LoyaltyPerTurn / Cityloyalty * 1000 then a dice of 1000 is rolled if the value of the dice is lower than the precedent result then your city revolt
Max Uprising lvl of cities is 5000,
Thanks to :
Started the mod with this base :
This mod INCLUDES REWORKED VERSIONS of FearSunn's Population notification, Religion notification, Barbarians notification, Borders notification and Deal expired notification. :
Gedemon, used his save and load file but not in lastest versions (was laggy), but helped me to understand how it worked and used his so usefull table lua object : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HQSUOmw_pI8dNSr1kmun4qAHj6SsOVfa1vGTbk5mVvs/edit#gid=0
Revolutionist_8, V. Soma, glider1, cuso210, Bonci, Bate1999, DrNooooo for support, reporting bugs and ideas.
Uprising Empire 1.0.0
adds Revolt to the game.
- Many change (even the name) Aug 20, 2020
- Separatism update Apr 17, 2019
- Balance Apr 5, 2019
- colored bar Apr 4, 2019
- More separatism Apr 1, 2019
- Fixed Bug Mar 16, 2019
- Notification Bug Fix Mar 3, 2019
- Bug Fix Mar 2, 2019
- GS + some bug fix Mar 2, 2019
- fix bug and balance (without notification) Jan 22, 2019