[1.0.10.15] Late game (turn 300+) instability on larger than vanilla maps

I've been following this issue since I ran into it myself back in 2018 and I have to say I'm disappointed it has yet to addressed and has only gotten worse. Got an itch to play the game for the first time in a while but this bug is the single reason I won't. And I know this is a major problem to more people than the comment section is leading on. I only made an account to make this comment with the hope that increased activity and demand one day leads to a fix.

+1

I tried pestering devs during a youtube livestream yesterday but couldn't get an answer. All I got was a generic "open a ticket with Firaxis", which I am not even sure was directed at me. I am guessing someone has already done that though, right? Or could anyone point me to where I need to go to give max attention to this over at Firaxis?

This issue has haunted me for years, and I finally decided to make an account to post in a fleeting hope any devs care or are watching. I know a lot of people are having a variety of issues they've outlined in the thread, but the core issue is GS Coastal Flooding causes a predictable and reproducible crash on these larger map sizes. I understand this is exposed by mods, but the larger map sizes enabled by mods are the reason I've played thousands of hours in the series.

So I get that it's a problem I create when I add these mods, but it's an easily reproduced memory exception causing predictable crashes. There is a bug in the game exposed here. Which I get happens with the massive amounts of code required to make a game like this possible, but what bothers me is the general apathy from any one at Fireaxis. If it's something being worked on, tell us it's being worked on; if you're aware of the issue but it's on the backburner, tell us you're aware of it; if it's not an issue that is going to be addressed, please tell us so I can stop wasting my time holding out hope Civ 6 will ever be able to run these mods.

Civ 6 was advertised to be the most moddable and mod friendly version we had ever seen. So far all I've gotten is hundreds of hours of debugging a broken base game that can't run the only mod I want to run. If the bar has sunk this low that I can't play on a map bigger than 12 players, I'll just go back to Civ 5 that I know can at least menially function for a full game. This casts serious doubt in my mind about any future Civ games because of how frustrating it is to see basic issues like this summarily ignored.

Still crashing on coastal flooding and satellite reveal on Giant size with latest patch

Still crashing on coastal flooding and satellite reveal on Giant size with latest patch
Hi author, thank you for your work and update, but seems like river flooding just disappeared after the latest update, any idea to fix that?

None, and I don't plan to look at it, I'm not developing YnAMP anymore, maybe SeelingCat will do if he manages to find enough free time.

But please, keep the reports related to the mod (and unrelated to this thread) to Steam (I've seen it there) or the corresponding section on CFC.

at least as a last update, i raised again a Ticket to see waht Foiraxis says for large maps. for now still with 2K.

Hi there, I'm sorry I might be putting this in the wrong thread but need one help. As always, been a big fan of the giant map and that's the only map I play on.
in mid-game due to forest fire, my turn speed has reduce to like more than a minute which was not the case before the forest fires were introduced.
Is there any mod or if any of you could suggest me to edit under the \GranColombia_Maya DLC to disable the forest fires? I think it would help with the performance of the game.

Have you tried switching off some of the new DLCs?

Unless you refer to disabling even the two major expansions (and even that isn't necessarily a solution, as the first occurance came with patch), this will not help...see Gedemons explanation in the first post of this thread.

It is very frustrating that these crashes don't get sorted out, after lingering around so long and countless examples for thenmhaving been provided :(

Hi all,
in a giant game i got the +1m flooding and game did not crash in the same turn. Turn 1251 now.
Game started earlier that year, marathon like so often for me, one patch cam in during the game play.

So it seems to work under certain conditions, hard to define what those are.

Hi all,
in a giant game i got the +1m flooding and game did not crash in the same turn. Turn 1251 now.
Game started earlier that year, marathon like so often for me, one patch cam in during the game play.

So it seems to work under certain conditions, hard to define what those are.
do you have a saved game per chance ?

attched is the last save i had in the game, stopped it after understanding how Basilus plays on marathon.

Attachments

• BASILIUS II. 1253 2014 n. Chr..rar
    5.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
attched is the last save i had in the game, stopped it after understanding how Basilus plays on marathon.
Thanks, can't load it as I miss some DLC, but I'll try to reproduce on autoplay when possible. It was Continents for the script ?

yes, Continents. And yes, some Mods for Marathon to make playable are here.

i will start another one soon , however with Zombies, i get often too earlier a cultrual victory.

@Gedemon Do we have some good news on this front with recent patch(es)? Or false hopes of playing on larger than 128x80 map sizes?
I've managed to pass the Sea level rising turn on my testing saved game by lowering the graphic to the minimal settings, something that I wasn't able to do before. I'm not going to test the full range of graphical settings, but 1920x1080 with both sliders at minimal (dx12) hasn't crashed for 3 consecutive tests, while I wasn't able to pass that turn at any graphic level before, so there is progress (IDK if it's the March patch or an earlier one, as I haven't tested minimal/usual graphics settings after each patch, but I did it a lot the year following GS release.

At my usual settings (ie max, @2560x1440), it still crash.

the largest Earth still crash on initial load, even at minimal settings/resolution.

Something has improved. I had a late game save that would crash every time without fail after clicking next. Prompted by a sea level change and deeply frustrating as I was a few turns from winning. Now mysteriously it is fine. Next plan is to finish it up and totally start afresh.

Top Bottom