1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1100, 11/11/18

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Macron and Le Pen both believe that African women have too many babies and Le Pen would certainly agree that Africa has a "civilizational problem."

Macron is probably not 'far right' but he is further right than most of his "centrist" supporters will admit. They have constructed this whole populist<-->sensible axis which obscures more than it illuminates unfortunately.

2. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

Did the "Clinton is just as bad as Trump" people shut up when Trump's policies put children in cages ? I'll never fall for the "they're just as bad" argument. And I've been on strike 3 times this school year already (and planning to strike some more against the education reform too), so no one can accuse me of supporting him.

3. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Only because they were getting out their lotion and tissues.

I wasn't making that argument; if you recall I was in the "Critical Support for Macron Because He's Not Literally a Fascist" camp for that election. I'm just saying there are at least some similarities between Macron and Le Pen.

4. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

He may say some very stupid and offensive things from time to time, but his policies are almost the exact opposite of what Le Pen would be doing.

5. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

So Le Pen would be, what, increasing the power of unions? Strengthening the welfare state? Taking measures to accommodate immigrants and lowering the barriers of discrimination faced by non-white French people and immigrants in France?

6. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

Bypassing unions was not in Le Pen's program. Dunno if she'd have done anything either way.
    Maintaining the welfare state (for white people) was one of the major points of her program.
    The difference between Macron and Le Pen on immigration is that one is doing nothing at all (which I find absolutely unacceptable), sometimes being absolutely awful with the use of police force against migrants, but also clarifying that helping someone in need on french soil is perfectly legal (including when that person entered french soil illegally). The other would round them all up and send them back to a random country outside the EU.