2020 NFL offseason thread

Well the Eagles (under their current regime) have always thought having a backup QB who is at least competent is in important, and so far they’ve been righted.

At least your team didn't throw a lot of money at a has been TE like J. Graham and then take a TE with their first pick.

I agree it could have been better but experts universally consider your selection “the best TE in this draft”. It’s always possible that they only signed Graham because they didn’t expect this guy to be available when they were on the board in the first place. Almost all tight ends (even the ones who go on to have very successful careers) usually end up sucking their rookie year, so with Graham at least they won’t be awful at the position for the immediate future.

Of course, we don’t know who is actually the best player of position until they start playing, but on paper, “best tight end of the draft at #43 overall” is generally considered good value. Also worth noting that the Bears tight end situation was worst in the league last year, so they can’t be blamed for wanting to double down.

Last edited:
so with Graham at least they won’t be awful at the position for the immediate future.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

obviously you didn't have him on any of your fantasy teams last year. Not many people in Chicago were happy with the money they gave him. I hope I'm wrong and he has some decent production, but I wouldn't bet on it.

What does that mean? :confused:

So you've already figured out that I don't actually watch the draft. But last night after the news ended I flipped it over to ABC and caught the Bucs doing their 245 pick, and Miami was up next, and I figured I'll at least take a couple minutes and watch one pick. And I'm so glad I did, because it was the greatest pick ever - receiver Malcolm Perry, former star quarterback at Navy, going to the Dolphins. It's too bad Wildcat plays are old hat now, Perry is an ideal triple-threat in that realm, but he should be a workable slot receiver anyway.

Okay, I may be (am) a little (massively) biased.

Last edited:
PFF thought Miami’s two first rounders outside of Tua are “high ceiling, developmental prospects”. They also thought those two players went too early off the board. That said:

1) I think Brian Flores is a great defensive oriented head coach and can get the most out of them.

2) They are nowhere remotely near “win now mode” so it doesn’t matter if it takes a season or two for them to reach their potential. They’re interested in a culture of winning for the long term, and I can’t think they can be faulted for that.

My understanding (correct me if I’m wrong), is that the Dolphins haven’t really had success since the Dan Marino days, so in that case Dolphins fans will probably have something to look forward to.

Late to the thread, but even if he spends the majority of the season on IR, Gronk in Florida just feels right.

While I don’t know this for a fact, I have a feeling he was planning on this, and already gotten back into shape.

PFF thought Miami’s two first rounders outside of Tua are “high ceiling, developmental prospects”. They also thought those two players went too early off the board. That said:

1) I think Brian Flores is a great defensive oriented head coach and can get the most out of them.

2) They are nowhere remotely near “win now mode” so it doesn’t matter if it takes a season or two for them to reach their potential. They’re interested in a culture of winning for the long term, and I can’t think they can be faulted for that.

My understanding (correct me if I’m wrong), is that the Dolphins haven’t really had success since the Dan Marino days, so in that case Dolphins fans will probably have something to look forward to.

You're not wrong. 2008 featured the Wildcat premiere and their last AFC title (also the last time the Pats didn't win the AFC East) in a tiebreaker over the (also 11-5) Brady-less Pats. Yeah, they've had flashes of brilliance from the likes of Jay Fiedler, Chad Pennington, and Ryan Tannehill, but... nothing ever sustained.

I think only the Bills can win AFC East this year (too many weapons on both sides of the ball), but FWIW I think the Dolphins are more in a position to succeed in the long run than any other AFC East team. Yes, that means Belichick cannot continue that kind of success without Brady. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Saints sign Jamies Winston. He admitted he turned down offers for more lucrative contracts because he thinks studying one year under Payton and Brees will be better for his career in the long run.

Teddy Bridgewater certainly made the most of it.

As it stands, Winston would still be a serious step down from Brees. But this give them a backup who is at least serviceable at the leagues most important position. They’d have been ruined last season without that.

Of course I got it. I try harder.

Doubtless. And I would have been shocked if you hadn't gotten it.

BTW, what did you think of that pick?

Now for the age challenged, the explanation:

Goddammit now I can't even make 30 for 30 jokes anymore

I do know Cam Jordan is going to be eating a W as soon as Jaemis walks in the locker room because Cam is an S-tier troll

I suspect Jaemis took note of Teddy's tenure in N.O. ...

Andy Dalton signs with the Cowboys on a cheap contract. They are having an incredibly good offseason thus far.

Top Bottom