30 Day Song Challenge

Actually, "'I love You" by Tila Tequila. I was sorry I listened to it.

Day 02, Least favorite song

Three elements make a bad song: (1) moral repugnance, (2) forgettable mediocrity, and (3) headache inducing irritation. Any song that combines all three elements is among the worst art ever made. The one that's the most egregious at the moment is "Tonight I'm ****ing You" by Enrique Iglesias. Instead of linking to the song, I'll link to somebody reviewing that song. I can't say if that's my least favorite song ever, it's just the one that I'm hearing most frequently due to having friends with trite tastes in music.

Day 1: November Rain
Day 2: Friday

Day 02, Least Favorite Song

There are plenty of songs I don't particularly like, but few that I hate with a passion. In fact, pretty much zero. So we'll go with a mild dislike instead.

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Link to video.

BUT IT'S A CLASSIC! you scream. I don't care, this has always ranked among my bottom five of all time. Overplayed, boring song, with lyrics that have a message that's been said better elsewhere, and a feel of the slightly sickening kind of jazz that annoys me on a good day. I can't think of any other I dislike more at this point.

Day 02, Least favorite song

Three elements make a bad song: (1) moral repugnance, (2) forgettable mediocrity, and (3) headache inducing irritation. Any song that combines all three elements is among the worst art ever made. The one that's the most egregious at the moment is "Tonight I'm ****ing You" by Enrique Iglesias. Instead of linking to the song, I'll link to somebody reviewing that song. I can't say if that's my least favorite song ever, it's just the one that I'm hearing most frequently due to having friends with trite tastes in music.

The synths are also ripped off of Kelis's "Scream". I think the writers and producers were only concerned with the hook and having "ft. random rapper".

Day 2 - Least Favourite Song

So many possibilities. I'll pick a song by a band I like but I hate the song, because I expect better from them.

Muse - Soldier's Poem

Something about songs like this just rub me the wrong way, especially by bands I generally like.

Day 2 - Least Favorite Song

Thousands of possibilities, of those the worst has got to be some popular romanian song or another.

But if i'd have to pick a horrible classic song from a band i like i'd prolly pick:
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Songs in which i have to listen to a guy's moans from when he's violently masturbating/having an orgasm/getting raped aren't really what i'm looking for.

@northking: agreed, that is one of the most horrible songs in the history of mankind.

Day 03, a song that makes you happy

Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky

Link to video.

This song is pure aural ecstasy. I love post-rock so much. (To the person who liked Sigur Ros, I recommend this.)

Day 03, Song that makes you happy

Glorious - Natalie Imbruglia

This was actually pretty hard. For one thing, I don't do "happy" a whole lot. For another, a lot of the music I tend to want to listen to doesn't really make you feel happy. Plenty of it sounds happy but with really depressing premises. Farin Urlaub plays with this a lot, for instance; I'll be inflicting plenty of that on this thread later.

I do, however, like this particular song by the same Natalie Imbruglia who not only gave us the extremely-depressing-and-also-how-the-cock-did-this-get-on-the-radio hit "Torn". From what I understand, it was only in limited release, and so never made it outside Australia to the point where I ended up ripping the audio from one of the YouTube clips thoughtfully posted by one of her Aussie fans.

The lyrics, well, mostly don't matter. They start off a little confusing and stream-of-consciousness-y; back when I cared enough to think about what they meant, I figured she was trying to give the impression of escapism, since lines like "some girl's tears in a taxi" don't go at all with the rest of the song.

Anyway, it's upbeat, the chorus talks about laughing and having nothing to lose and generally seeming pretty carefree. I'll drink to that. Not a whole lot that's fancy here.

Link to video.

Day 2: Least Favourite Song

Pretty sure it's Dilemma by Nelly & Kelly. Admittedly I've never listened to this song all the way through, but I just... I just can't. I don't hate either of these artists individually (Destiny's Child had some funky tunes and I even have an early Nelly song on my iPod) but there's something about this song. Maybe it's the chorus.

Day 2: Least Favourite Song

Pretty sure it's Dilemma by Nelly & Kelly. Admittedly I've never listened to this song all the way through, but I just... I just can't. I don't hate either of these artists individually (Destiny's Child had some funky tunes and I even have an early Nelly song on my iPod) but there's something about this song. Maybe it's the chorus.

:eek: If I joined this challenge my Day 3 would probably be that song.

Day 03, Song that makes you happy: Europe Endless by Kraftwerk

The melody and harmonies of this song seem so happy and optimistic, and the lyrics support this:

Europe endless
Life is timeless
Europe endless
Parks, hotels and palaces
Europe endless
Promenades and avenues
Europe endless
Real life and postcard views
Europe endless
Elegance and decadence
Europe endless

Here is a link
Link to video.

Song a day is pretty fast pace for this kind of forum. I still haven't figured out what is my favourite song. :sad:

Day 03, A Song That Makes You Happy

Do You Realize, by the Flaming Lips

Link to video.

Just one of those songs that makes me smile every time I hear it. Explaining it seems redundant, since probably quite a few of you have heard it before, and the lyrics make it pretty obvious -- though everything outside and beyond might be terrifying, they're not worth worrying about. The small things are still beautiful.

@LightSpectra: Yeah, I like Explosions in the Sky as well. :D

I'm going to be bursty about this so:

Day 1 - (Thows a dart at a board...)

Making a song about t(1) = t(0) * sqrt( 1 - (v^2 / c^2)) will warm the heart of any nerd.

Link to video.

Day 2 - I'd pick a rap/hip-hop, but since I refuse to listen to that I'll go with
"Having My Baby" - Paul Anka.

Day 3 -

Link to video.

Caught up again, although I didn't listen to the worst songs choices, happy to take everyone's word for it ;). Couldn't help check the Enrique one out though as I didn't believe that someone would release a (non-joke) song called that!!! And I agree about theat Beatle's song, awful.

As to a song that makes me smile, this one for sure.

Link to video.

Top Bottom