More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

What are people’s thoughts on the Hunnic tarkhan? I was just playing around with a Hunnic start and the Bellum Alet seemed a little too good. Maybe I reduce the heal on pillage to 15?

What are people’s thoughts on the Hunnic tarkhan? I was just playing around with a Hunnic start and the Bellum Alet seemed a little too good. Maybe I reduce the heal on pillage to 15?

At first glance they seem underwhelming compared to other UU's, however we can't give them the power of other UU's as the Huns give Mounted Melee such great bonuses. The healing on pillaging is great, 20 to adjacent is a bit much.

Impi ranged attack does stay on upgrade, not just the bonus VS gunpowder units, not sure if it's intended or not but it's super cool and slightly OP.

Will I run into any problems running current version of 3/4 UC with newest VP release?

I don't think so? Nothing in the betas should affect it unless it's under the hood

Fun bug with the latest version of your mod:

While playing as Ottomans, Great Bombards are technically on the list of allowed units for Vassal Tribute, so there is a small chance of getting one or more Great Bombards each era if you have Vassals. This allows you to go over the hard limit of two. If you can, you should mark this unit as not eligible for Vassal Tribute.

I got lucky in my current game and I have 4 Great Bombards going into the Industrial Era! BOOM!

Is there a code for that? I'm not sure if there is a thing disabling vassal tribute, but there is one for CS gifts. Maybe they are linked?

There's a bug with Inca as well. Pioneers and Colonists don't get coca when they spawn their free granary (qullqa)

Another small bug that actually took me a lot longer than it should have to recognize:

The Ottoman Tersane replaces the Harbor, but once it is built it does not produce the "Harbor" 3D in-world model. In other words, a city with a Harbor produces a model of a little dock to show at a glance that it has such a building in it (the same goes for the Lighthouse, Arena, Stadium, Walls, Castle, Broadcast Tower, Palace, and most World Wonders). However, for whatever reason the Tersane does not produce the "dock" model once it is built, so Ottoman cities never have this visual appearance.

It's a small bug, but if it's an easy fix I think it would be nice to correct just for aesthetic reasons.

Are the Zulu supposed to pass along the double attack vs melee buff from Impi after upgrade? I still attack twice even when upgraded to fusilier.

edit: they also attack non melee units twice

Last edited:
Yup.

Wanted to have every UU carry something forward. Maybe Impi carrying forward ranged attack is too good though? Maybe I should split the gunpowder bonus and the ranged attack into 2 promotions, and have only the gunpowder bonus carry forward?

Yup.

Wanted to have every UU carry something forward. Maybe Impi carrying forward ranged attack is too good though? Maybe I should split the gunpowder bonus and the ranged attack into 2 promotions, and have only the gunpowder bonus carry forward?
That sounds better. I've been fighting against zulu in my current game, and his melee become absolute monsters once they stack all the fusilier buffs. He even took defender of the faith; needless to say my lancers don't dare attack anything but a critically wounded unit.

*Edit: small sample size, but I think everyone anticipated them beasting out of the gate after recent buff

Last edited:
Yup.

Yeah potentially, it feels like im wreckin people with these fusiliers, doing 3/4th lifebar to tercios in 1 hit although dont take my word for it, first time playing zulu so i have no reference point. also my dudes are extremely leveled so it may just be a mix of tech/upgrade thats makin em feel too tough
although i thought the 1st ranged attack was only against melee units. cause im doing it vs those 1st gunpowder archery units

After installing today's hotfix Huey Teocalli doesn't give bonuses to temples and barracs
could you check if other national wonders still work? Does circus Maximus give 2g, to arenas?

it could be that G disabled or removed a piece of code and has turned a piece of code that building used into nonsense, and that disables everything downstream of whatever broke.

post your database.log

is this a saved game that broke? The “hot fix” might not be savegame compatible

After installing today's hotfix Huey Teocalli doesn't give bonuses to temples and barracs
Also it lost bonuses that I had from golden ages

I started a new game on the hotfix and it's working fine; extra XP, food and faith are granted normally ... Barracks and Temples getting their buffs aswell.
Probably something with the saved file/new hotfix.

Top Bottom