1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

I also found few bugs in Waag and White Tower. I will release v31.2 then.

@pineappledan Can you enlarge version number currently available for download in the first post? Now it is barely visible. Someone could miss the version update. Morover I cn see some mess with the spaces between civs in first post. Not so elegant :p

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

3. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Chieftain

Been on a bit of game-break from Civ, but I would count this as a pretty good motivation to get back on track. Testing ahoy!

4. adan_eslavo

Fixed Iron Chariot. Now it counts resource correctly with imported resources (even those from CS).
    Processed some beta fixes on Github. @Infixo can you check Barbican.lua? I got sometimes "nil value" error in lua.log and tried to fix it by adding plot checking.

5. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

Sure can, but I need to replicate it. Not sure if „sometimes nil value” will be enough :)
    So, it’s always better to just open a ticket, attach logs, saves, etc.

6. adan_eslavo

My mod list was so long that it will be difficult to reproduce that. Just look into code if you can and tell me if it could be possible to find unit but not a plot under it. By "sometimes nil value" I got lua error (nil value) in line with pCity = pUnit:GetPlot():GetWorkingCity().Not always. Once for few turns. Poland was on my map, but I did't play as them. Lua.log was overwritten so I cannot provide that for you.

7. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

@adan_eslavo Well, seems easy. You need to check if unit has actually moved into the city, so a check is required.
    But I think WorkingCity will check for any plot owned by a city. Aren’t you supposed to check for the city itself? In that case IsCity can be used.

Edit. If a unit moves into an unowned tile, then GetWorkingCity would return nil probably.

8. adan_eslavo

IsGarrisoned does the job I think. The problem is that it threw error before line which checked if city was found ran. So it was empty plot. But how it could be empty?

9. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

Probably... if you use it before GetWorkingCity, not after. Right now GWC is executed first and it can process all tiles and some of them would certainly be not city owned.

10. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

11. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Chieftain

Is it just me, or are 4UC texts not showing up in v31.2?

12. adan_eslavo

Should be ok. I use it withou any problems. Any logs? Anyone else has this issue?

13. Jarula

Jarula Chieftain

Any thoughts on adding compatabicomp for Nubia Vietnam Confederacy?

14. adan_eslavo

@Jarula Wrong thread.

@Hinin Do you have some mod we could rely on when making some first civ? It is difficult to make something from scratch and there's no point in reinventing the wheel. I'm just curious. Maybe I would try later to program one civ. For now I want to look into code.

15. Jarula

Jarula Chieftain

Oh sorry prolly need to put it on enginseer.

16. Hinin

Hinin Chieftain

I'm sorry to not undersrand perfectly, but what do you exactly mean by "first civ" ?
    Do you intend on adding some more UCs to some of the already released VP compatible civilization, or do you want to make a civilization from scratch using already made elements (this last part seems more tricky to me, since, after all, taking elements from modded civs to make compilations or adaptations is "acceptable", but using them to create entire new civs is much less defendable) ?
    In any case, if you find yourself lacking in inspiration, I advise you to go on the customization wiki and read a list of unique units or unique buildings. It doesn't take much time, and can give good ideas.

Sorry if my answer doesn't correspond to what you were expecting. :)

17. adan_eslavo

I wanted to write some leader concept you have in main post. Your idea was just taken from other mod made earlier or is "very fresh"? If I have some template then it will be much easier.

18. Hinin

Hinin Chieftain

It really depends on the leader :
    - On one hand, Mutsuhito (Meiji) is mostly a conversion of the JFD&Janboruta mod (with modification suggestions mainly from pineappledan). Even his third bonus is inspired by the Daimyo UGP of the mod.
    - On the other hand, Kublai Khan and Oscar II's UA are entirely "fresh" (maybe there are already existing UAs ressembling what I proposed, but I'm not aware of their existence, so I'm sorry if I missed them)
    - In the middle, there are leaders like Mehmed II (whose third bonus is taken from the JFD&Janboruta mod), Louis XIV (whose third bonus is a "VP conversion" of the French vanilla UA), Christian IV (once again, the third bonus is inspired by the JFD&Janboruta mod) or Tiglath Pileser III (the bonus citizen on conquest is inspired by the Super Power Clash of Civilization mod).

So there is no easy answer, unfortunately. If you have a preference for a leader, I can "polish" the UA and arts parts to make your work a bit easier.

In any case, thank you for your precious help. :D

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  19. adan_eslavo

But how you imagine it to work: it will be just another civ only with the same UCs? Then how do you want to disable possibility of choosing a random leaders, who are not 3 times France f.e.?

As I said that would be less prioritized thing for me. Maybe I will try, but time wil show. 3/4 UCs was a thing I really wanted and since you created appropriate thread I was reading carefully what's going on. Then the thread was dead for some time and when blue ghost started it over I decided to help as much as I can.

This one can expect even more work. I alone will not do this for sure, but even with 4 active coders it will be difficult. If you manage to complete at least few leaders (4-5) it will be good.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  20. Svcri

Svcri Chieftain

I'm also missing a lot of the 4UC texts