1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

@pineappledan What is: "Increases the length of [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] WLTKDs granted by Great Merchants." in Oppidum description? There's no code for that in mod and I checked my old description from closed thread and there's also nothing.

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

That would be the scaling from owned improvement table
    Code:
    ------------------------------
    -- Unit_ScalingFromOwnedImprovements
    ------------------------------
    INSERT INTO Unit_ScalingFromOwnedImprovements
    (UnitType, ImprovementType, Amount)
    VALUES ('UNIT_MERCHANT', 'IMPROVEMENT_CELTS_OPPIDUM', 1);

Gmerchants increase the length of every WLTKD every time they are expended to create a tile. It works the same for Towns and Colonia. This just extends that to Oppida as well

It's already in there, so don't change anything

3. adan_eslavo

Ok. But the description is missleading, because GMs give you also WLTKD for Trade Missions they perform. Better will be "When created, it increases [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] WLTKD length in the City."

Another thing: Teutonic Order promotions descriptions: Morale is given to units trained in the city where TO is built not in all cities with barracks, right? There's no definition for barracks requirement for that ability.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

No, it increases the trade mission WLTKD length specifically. Changed to "Each Oppidum on Empire increases the length of :c5happy: 'We Love the King Days' from Trade Missions conducted by Great Merchants"

TO transforms all barracks on empire into an ordesnburg, effectively. Orders give morale, so TO allows all barracks to give morale. I believe the description and implementation are as intended now

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  5. adan_eslavo

I added Cooldown and Faith Cooldown for Shphet and Indaba. Moreover many (almost all!) units got PurchaseCooldown value. They could be purchased without limits.

6. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Really liking this mod, thanks for making it. All those uniques expanding or creating civ synergies is pretty cool.

Coconuts >>> pineapples though

Hinin likes this.
  7. adan_eslavo

@pineappledan I found problem with Carolean compatibility between VPEE and MUCfVP. Can you look into that (EEVP_Units.sql file)? It is not deleted because its unitclass is changed before MUCfVP so we get second Carolean in game.

8. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Why was I named; Isn't that an @Infixo problem? I don't have access to fix compatibility issues with EE.

Perhaps a compromise could be made where base EE and MUCforEE both make the Carolean a line infantry replacement? That would fix a bit of weirdness, with the minuteman coming before the Carolean, even though the Great Northern War was in 1710 and the American War of Independence was in 1775.

Why is the minuteman a melee unit in EE, actually? Doesn't light infantry fit their role/history, and keep more consistency with VP?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  9. adan_eslavo

You helped me once with compatibility patch. I thought you could analyze the situation :)

10. adan_eslavo

I set for now VPEE values in Compatibility Patch.

11. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Oh I had no idea that was the case. That's not in your OP for EE; you only mention Minuteman, Cossack, First Rate and Conquistador.

Well there you have it, If EE already moves the Carolean to Line Infantry, then all MUCfVP+EE has to do is delete the changes inthe base MUCfVP, and just let EE make the move

Infixo likes this.
  13. adan_eslavo

That's what I did. Now MUCfVP+EE values for Carolean are the same as VPEE.

@pineappledan I corrected db values for Andelsbevaegelse, because it was not consistent with thread info. Can you check that, and eventually revert what was changed unnecessarily, and correct thread data?

Infixo likes this.
  14. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Sorry, simply saying "it was changed" is a bit vague, could you just say what values you changed?

EDIT: Base Agribusiness is +3 Food to Farms and Pastures. I have updated the OP to be +3 food to food to pastures (was +1). No other changes.

I made corresponding changes to the text and sql for the Andelveagalkjfdfsda. I also made some minor adjustments to the text, after looking through the text edits you did. Fine work. I caught one spelling error, and changed all the "only X can build" to only X may build"

EDIT EDIT: The Andelsbevægelse gives +5% food, which is a holdover from the old Agribusiness. The base Agribusiness has since dropped this, and since the Andelsbevægelse gets so many boosts to food anyways, plus a boost to building production, I think it would be prudent to drop this bonus as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    adan_eslavo likes this.
  15. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

@Hinin, you could add these to your new strategies post:
    Spoiler Iroquois - Great Law of Peace :
    4UC tilts Iroquois into becoming a diplo civ, focused mainly on Production of Great Diplomats. Their new Unique Scrivener's Office replacement increases the birth rate of GDs, and gives you a share of the tile yields for each embassy you have created. Always keep your Civil servant slots full, and invest a bit in Great person generation to stay ahead of the curve in CS influence.

Spoiler Greece - Euergetes and Proxenos :
    The new Agora, in addition to furthering Greece's cultural supremacy, provides a unique gold mechanic to diplomatic units produced in the city. As soon as you have a source of paper, you can start sending Diplomatic units which give more CS influence, and provide +2:c5gold: Gold per turn for the rest of the game in your capital. Greece need not concern itself with CS quests too much, because investing early in diplomatic units can serve as a reliable source of income for the rest of the game.

Spoiler Assyria - Medean Horses :
    With the 4UC, the first true empire on the planet finally has an early game power spike. With the iron chariot, Ashurbanipal can flood the battlefield with an effective war machine, with only casual concern for strategic resource limits. Use your iron chariots to expand the empire in search of more sources of strategic resources to boost the capabilities of your soldiers.

Spoiler China - Son of Heaven :
    the Xiafan Guanjun and Exam Hall both add diplomatic focus to the Chinese playstyle. Station your fleets inside CS territory to increase influence, or quicken the normalization of relations after a tribute demand.

Spoiler Sea Nomads :
    With 4UC, Indonesia's coastal and island flavor has been restored. Their unique improvement, the Kampong of the Sama-Bajau people, and the speedy prau make Indonesia a powerhouse of exploration and economy. Because the Kampong is built on coastal tiles, try to settle small islands with just enough space for your Unique luxuries. The Kampong benefits from lighthouses, harbors and seaports, like any normal coastal tile, but also from Imperialism's Exploitation policy. Be careful, however, because this new UI makes Indonesia an even more attractive target for any would-be conquerors.

Spoiler Korea - Miracle on the Han River :
    The Chaebol is not an especially powerful building for how late it is, unless you have many cities in your empire. Each additional Chaebol on empire increases the culture, gold and science of ALL chaebols you own! Be sure to settle lots of cities in time for the modern age, so you can create a deluge of yields in all your cities!

Re: your Japan strategy. Isn’t that just what people do with the civ already? The far more jarring change to Japan is the UU, which has a cat and mouse game attached to it, since it is worth so much to kill it, but also just how immensely dangerous the unit is. That unit tilts Japan to full offense in the late game

phantomaxl1207 likes this.
  16. adan_eslavo

I can see you found changelog and github update list :) Sorry for not mentioning the exact changes.

Imo Andels is too much now. We can drop some yields on pastures (1p or 1g) and/or lower base yields (also g or p), then the quality of bonuses will be less important than the quantity and 5% would stay anyways. On the other hand it is late game building and such amount of bonuses could be treated as normal.

Do as you wish. I just catched it had too many issues. Remember to correct changelog file on github.

17. adan_eslavo

Thread description:
    • Sachems Council: should be 2 Civil Servants instead of 1
    • Koa: lacks amphibious promotion.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    phantomaxl1207 likes this.
  18. Hinin

Hinin Chieftain

Well, since it is such a late game unit, you can't create a game-wide strategy around the Yamato, contrary to the Kabuki theater.
    The Yamato is much more a way to eliminate potential threats in the late-game (for example, a civilization capable of resisting your cultural influence, or a civ dominating the WCongress) or to ensure a domination victory, than a unit determining the "flavor" of a entire civilization (which is why you described it as a game-ending UC).

Also I added your strategies, pineappledan. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  19. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

20. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I got Huey as Aztecs which is great, but how do I unlock Dewey and Louie?

I found a bug by the way. I see no github link, so I assume here's where the report should go. If an Eagle ends up killing the guy inside a garrison and turns him into a Worker, the worker is created inside the city, instantly granting it to you no matter how many HP/etc it should actually have. So let's say a 10 HP Spear is inside a city your Eagle/upgraded Eagle mauls, if the guy dies by the attack and gets turned into a worker, you get the city. The Eagle/Longsword/etc doesn't go inside the city, but the worker is created.