9th Civ: It's Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

When the Poles wake up and see Sweden :p

I dont get it why leave Sweden as the "big surprise civ". I think Celts or Huns would be a more wise marketing choice...

Simple. By handling it this way, 2KGreg managed to make Sweden seem exciting on the same weekend that Diablo 3 opened their beta.

I dont get it why leave Sweden as the "big surprise civ". I think Celts or Huns would be a more wise marketing choice...

Really? Celts have been in the previous games. Huns maybe? Anyway I dont think it really matters much in what order the civs are released. Sweden is a good new Civ.

One could argue that Sweden has more merit to be in a Civ game than Celts or Huns for example.

Gustav Vasa sounds about right. Fits the time and the religious struggle of the renaissance.

I think you got most of the marginal Euro civs out of the way now. Then you still leave yourself with sellers in Portugal/Zulu DLC's.

I don't see Poland or Hungary any time soon. Although what are the scenarios again?

1. Fall of Rome
2. Renaissance

So still that leaves a Medieval scenario does it not? So I definitely could see Hungary and Poland added then. Wouldn't bet on it though.

If Sweden is the 9th Civ,can someone explain to me which civ owns that green color that appeared in the southern part of the map during the demo on PAX? Green color doesn't have anything related to Sweden .

Ethiopia?

Green might suggest Portugal - the only reason we have (new pics aside) to assume Portugal is out is a deliberate showing of Lisbon the CS in a demo version of the expansion. But it only takes 5 minutes to rename a city, I imagine they could as easily make the change in the release version of G&K as they could add Kathmandu to replace Seoul, and it's possible they included Lisbon specifically as a red herring. Didn't someone post an image of a Portuguese leader who would fit what we've seen of the pic? The newest picture shows an orange beard - was Gustav's orange?

Although what are the scenarios again?

1. Fall of Rome
2. Renaissance

So still that leaves a Medieval scenario does it not? So I definitely could see Hungary and Poland added then. Wouldn't bet on it though.

The Renaissance one is the Medieval one. It's religion from the middle ages into the Renaissance.

-Fall of Rome
-Into the Renaissance
-Empire of the Smokey Skies (Victorian steam-punk)

The Renaissance one is the Medieval one. It's religion from the middle ages into the Renaissance.

-Fall of Rome
-Into the Renaissance
-Empire of the Smokey Skies (Victorian steam-punk)

So when are we talking about exactly? From the first Crusade? I guess 1300-1400 is still basically middle ages but seems like a long scenario stretching over two periods like that.

You say that almost as if it meant something.

Yep apparently it did!;) Meh though that bit of info was not needed we knew awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom