A Brave New World Part 2

i understand your request, but i want you to a sure me that paraguay well remain as a free indipendet nation with the soicalits keeping their bloody power hungry hands out of are land and are lives. if so i well have paragauy lay down are arms and resine from my positon as leader of paraguay.

SUSA said, "unconditional" surrender. No deal. I'm sending orders assuming that the war is still on. Remember, we have all the cards. :smug:

almost true you are missing two cards out of a full set one the land her self and the people. each can stop you with out question.

almost true you are missing two cards out of a full set one the land her self and the people. each can stop you with out question.

Keep thinking that.

To: Paraguay

The Argentine Collectives are right. Unconditional means you surrender and accept what ever terms we decide. We will guarantee you nothing except the surrendering will spare Paraguay any further military causalities.

EQandcivfanatic said:
Or everyone there will be killed by the French, who will then resettle the land for the betterment of the French people. Just like they're going to do to Italy. Good times.

I'll win then as well :p

Or everyone there will be killed by the French, who will then resettle the land for the betterment of the French people. Just like they're going to do to Italy. Good times.

Do you enjoy giving my teammates neurosis? ;)

Crezth said:
Do you enjoy giving my teammates neurosis?

Italians aren't people. I don't see what your worrying about?

To: SUSA, Argentine

Well at last i play my last two cards, and i hope you are in for a crazy year. were the swamps and the rivers run red with your blood, were the world turns up side down and every thing comes crashing down around us. Pray i say that your sole's can take the punishment of what you do is year. pray your people well fight on even when the true tast of blood and pain gets in their mouth.

And with that i say good day to you.

Do you enjoy giving my teammates neurosis? ;)

Please, what you'll do to Italy isn't half as bad as the fate worse than death planned for the Georgians. I didn't even think some of those orders were physically possible to be done to people, but apparently I'm wrong.

Important: This is the 18 hour and final warning until the update. Ye've been warned once again.

Please, what you'll do to Italy isn't half as bad as the fate worse than death planned for the Georgians. I didn't even think some of those orders were physically possible to be done to people, but apparently I'm wrong.

Important: This is the 18 hour and final warning until the update. Ye've been warned once again.

We know our fate which is why we are always one step ahead of the French on the evil scale.

Spoiler :

It's all yours then, send me a Private Message if you have any questionjs about the country's policies or current diplomacy.

Now I'm really curious. What's going on? I'm really looking forward to this update.

A Map of the Teams Involved in the International Hockey Federation/Fedération Internationale du Hockey

Hockey, played recreationally across the francophone regions of northern North America for over half a century, did not have an easy route to follow when it came to developing a professional league. The natural limitations of a sport played on ice limit the length of the playing season and the extent of the playable regions, and outside of New France, Métis and Canada, the sport is either unknown or viewed as an odd northern fad.

From its beginnings in the early 1920s with the touring of various elite teams in shows or exhibition matches, Federation Hockey is generally regarded to have begun with the original awarding of the Champions Cup to the Winnipeg Manitous in 1924 at the end of their original, undefeated tour. Gilles Dupuis, the manager of the Manitous, was instrumental in contacting various other sporting clubs in neighbouring cities and countries, and organizing the first organized, league matches between them.

Through the early years, the FIH operated as a challenge league. A wide variety of teams, many of them little more than amateurs, could face other Federation teams to gain points, and the teams with the highest points totals could challenge the incumbent team for the Cup. This chaotic period saw a huge number of teams appear- even brief-lived groups from Detroit, Boston and Richmond- but only a few rose to prominence and fame. The Winnipeg Manitous were dominant during this period, but were regularly challenged by the New French Nationals, developing a fierce rivalry that continues to this day. Further eastwards, a separate rivalry was boiling up between English and French Canada. As something of a release valve for pressures and tensions between the Canadians and Québecois, matches between various francophone teams and the Toronto Cloverleafs- the heroes of anglo-hockey- were the sources of great pride for the victors, and were heavily attended.

However, the challenge years were not to last. Between 1924 and 1928, the Federation became bloated with a huge number of challengers, and the costs of transportation for so many teams and matches were becoming prohibitive. Worse, the rapid inflation of the teams had caused a drop in average talent in the athletes, and consequently smaller crowds and lower profits. Only a few of the most successful clubs- the New French Nationals, Winnipeg Manitous, Toronto Cloverleafs, Montréal Habitants and Québec Fleurs de Lys managed to carry themselves above the escalating crisis.

It was in 1928 when the Federation reformed into its present state. A huge number of folding teams were dropped from the league, and rigorous new standards were implemented as prerequisites for Federation membership. Three Leagues were formed- one in the Republic of New France, one in the Métis Syndicate, and one in Canada. Each League would play games within itself throughout the season- League Games, between the three major teams of each league, and various exhibition games against local teams or applicants to the Federation.

At the end of each playing season, four teams remained in contention- the Incumbent Team (the winner of last year's cup), and the most successful team from each league. The 3 challenger teams played 3-game series against each other, and the best team from this round would go on to challenge the Incumbent for the Cup. In the situation where the leading team of a league was also the incumbent, it would get a by through the round, and the two remaining teams could play a single 3-game series.

Today, the league is still young, and things are looking up. The sport of hockey is vivacious and as popular as ever in its homelands. Interest may even be growing in warmer climes, where the proliferation of inexpensive refrigeration technology may someday allow hockey to be played even in the warmest winters. Until that time comes, however, we shall enjoy the sport as it is.

The Champions Cup

1923/24- Winnipeg Manitous
1924/25- Winnipeg Manitous
1925/26- New French Nationals
1926/27- Winnipeg Manitous
1927/28- Winnipeg Manitous
1928/29- New French Nationals
1929/30- Toronto Cloverleafs
1930/31- Winnipeg Manitous
1931/32- Montréal Habitants
1932/33- Montréal Habitants

Top Bottom