A few questions on defecting.

Well, you should first of all learn the language (including the alphabet ;)).

After that, what makes you think you will be successful there? There are a lot of people who look good and actually are NK citizens, you know. Plus to "look good" is a very relative thing.

Do you know Korean?
Do you hate America?
Is Kim Jong-Il the most glorious man on Kim's green Earth?
If so, you're set, unless there are some other things on your resume that would allow them to consider you.

Well, you should first of all learn the language (including the alphabet ;)).

After that, what makes you think you will be successful there? There are a lot of people who look good and actually are NK citizens, you know. Plus to "look good" is a very relative thing.
Right, but I would be fulfilling a role that they need a white guy to play. (evil oppressor) Just like in American WWII movies when you need Asians to portray the Japanese they would need a white guy to play the Americans. (like the guy I read the article about)

edit: And unfortunately I can't speak Korean but I am willing to learn.

Too bad so many of the good ones are gags. It's like the Phil Hendrie Show.

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/Radio/Guests.aspx

He comes up with outrageous crap and then has a "guest" on his show (he does all the voices) present it. He has quite a few characters. There are always some poor fools who don't know the joke is on them (yes, the US AM radio market is that big and fluid), they call in to the show (often very angry) and that part is kind of cruel.

---

The Chinese people are wonderful. Here at the democratic republic people's embassy of North Korea, the republic democratic people of China have been very good to me. I am assured that my message of truth, from the heart of Satan, will be welcomed warmly. Everywhere I look is freedom and a more glorious fatherland lay ahead. I'll write when I get to Kim's house! Death to America!

Why would anyone want to defect to a communist nation?

Koreans hate foreigners. You would have to play a villain in several successful films before finally being accepted as a true NPRK hero.

You have to be kidding me. Odds are you'd be shot on a militarized border or become a conscript. You realize that their richest folks live like middle class folks in the US right?

I think he's doing it for the booty. Obviously, all the right reasons.

I think he's doing it for the booty. Obviously, all the right reasons.
Even Bounty Hunters are smarter than to migrate/defect to a Communist Nation.

Koreans hate foreigners. You would have to play a villain in several successful films before finally being accepted as a true NPRK hero.
No, you;d always play the villain. That doesn't mean that you yourself would not be well taken care of though.

You have to be putting us on. If not try Cuba it's closer. (And once you realize what a dumbass you've been you at least have a chance to get out.

You have to be putting us on. If not try Cuba it's closer. (And once you realize what a dumbass you've been you at least have a chance to get out.
But there is no real job I would be needed for in Cuba, in NK it is different.

Just answer me this are you high.

No, I am perfectly sober right now in all ways that count.

They'd lure you with the prospect of becoming a rich and successful man, then basically enslave you from that point on. You'd be better off than most of your peers (given that your peers are malnourished and starving to death) but you'd probably have a quality of life equal to that of someone living in the U.S. or Canada about 150 years ago.

You're funeral. Just don't complain that you want to defect back to the West.

Another important question: How much acting skill do you actually have? You won't be a movie star just because you're a white guy who likes to play villians - you probably need to already be at least decently successful in the U.S. to have a chance at being taken seriously. Decently successful as in have a career in acting with some not-totally-obscure rolls.

h4ppy said:
No, I am perfectly sober right now in all ways that count.

Which ways don't count? :hmm:

At least learn Korean first before trying this. I'm sure not knowing Korean will not help your chances.

Thanks for the encouragement but I was more looking for concrete advice, like where an actual embassy or such would be, I don't think they have one in D.C.

One thing North Korea does have in the US is a mission to the UN in New York City.

Top Bottom