A Glorious Sepulcher; Fresh Start NES

OOC: Right, nice update again.

How aggressive/barbaric are the Eissajaw?

Are they likely to invade our lands if we do not act?

Cavaharia, Gaerite, Osmos, Or Any Others,
From Tog,

We seek to sell parts of our navy so as to refocus our efforts elsewhere- especially if we can have peace with the Misthali and Tamayane.

Please feel free to offer us a fair price and we can discuss transfer of ships.

To: Tog

We would be interested in purchasing some of your dhows and possibly war galleys. We will discuss quantity and price in a later missive. (OOC: Once stats are updated)

sounds good.

EDIT::: OOC::: we are also open to trade now. New rulers, new philosophy for moving forward. Its time to be part of the international community and not just an antagonist.

Stats will be up tonight guys, I went to bed soon after updating, and am going to be working for most of the day.

Cavaharia, Gaerite, Osmos, Or Any Others,
From Tog,

We seek to sell parts of our navy so as to refocus our efforts elsewhere- especially if we can have peace with the Misthali and Tamayane.

Please feel free to offer us a fair price and we can discuss transfer of ships.

Stats before diplo. I'll be in touch.

Thanks everyone!

Stats are done.

@Nintz: From what you can tell, they're a bit pre-occupied organizing themselves into a more central government. You should be safe for the time being.

@All: First off, I have implemented the trade system I had been wanting to, and you have all received some sort of gold boost from it, some larger than others. Trade is an important part of the game. I went through the economics sheets Immac and Birdjag have so lovingly provided, and basically guessed who would be trading with who. Political pariah such as the Tog only happen to be trading with those culturally similar to them (the Karika and Muka in this case), while important trade-based nations, such as the Tamayame, and the Gaerites are trading with most nations in the cradle, geographically dependent. To continue with the example of Cradle 1, inland states such as the Einion cities are only trading with one another, and in a few cases, I'll assume smaller states allow larger states to trade through them.

I won't reveal trade totals for each nation, but things such as harbors, resources and the like do effect your nation's trade 'worth'. Also, only a percent of trade goes through, and that is directly related to how "safe" a trade route is. That being said, trade route "safety" and trade values are expected to fluctuate on a per-turn basis, so you will all experience minor gold shifts regardless of what you do. In game-trade pacts, embargos and things like that will also be more easily monitored and rewarded. So... yeah. Thanks a lot Immac and Bird!

@All: If you have any questions that I didn't answer, or respond back to, please post again, or resend. I'm fairly sure I have gotten to all of them.

To: The Tog

We shall be thinking about your offer.

I believe I am taking over as the Loughili?

Yessir, welcome to the world of AGS.

Oh! Important point I forgot to make earlier.

In regards to going to war in this NES, please, please, please publicly announce it. The turns are 10 years long, and there is no reason that a nation in a cradle should be caught completely unaware of another nation invading a third.

But what if I want to sneak attack nation X?

That's quite fine. Mention that in your orders, and I'll see to it that your army does it's best to sneak attack your foe. But for the purposes of me not having to constantly contact relevant parties, I can safely assume that a sneak attack loses the whole "stealth" benefit at some point within the 10 year period.

For the example of the Termidorian invasion of Lyre- while the Lyrians were caught off guard, there is nothing that leads me to believe that the entire invasion would have been kept on the 'DL' for more than a few months, if not a year. Yes, news travels slow, messengers can be killed, and exceptions can be made. But eventually the Sismondi were going to notice. By publicly posting your DoW's, other players can act accordingly in their orders, and save me a lot of time PMing, and diploing after the deadline.

This isn't me complaining, or attempting to wag my finger at anyone, I just realized the pitfalls of the 10 year turn cycle myself during the update when I realized that other nations had to react somehow. So in the future, please do so. Any questions, comments or criticisms in that regard, I'm happy or willing to answer, respond to, or debate.

i believe there is a mistake with my culture stat. I've outlined the problem in a PM.

Also-i thought i had incorporated the Muka army into mine and they, by the terms of our treaty, had very strict limits on what they could develop. Could you please be so kind as to remove their navy from their stats and all but four of their infantry and add it to mine?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Immac.

Oh shoot, I just realized I never subtracted or added the updates state changes. Ignore your stats until I say so.

In that case can you put the Muka as a client kingdom as you did for the Voeglen?

Final stats are up, I promise.

Also, I changed the price for adding a point to a cultural doctrine from 75 culture points to 60. We'll see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Okay Immaculate, I will change that for you.

UUs still cost 15 culture point per point of stat to design?

Yes they do. I fixed the Muka for you. The map will reflect that change next update.

EDIT: Deadline is March 28th. I'll be getting exploration maps out within the next day or so. Diplomacy and the like shouldn't be reliant on that.

To: Sismondis

Your armies are defeated, your fleets ravaged and sunken. Your soldiers stand shivering on the one piece of miserable cliff you have left on Lyre. Withdraw from Lyre now, and we will be merciful.

Swallow your pride and leave, for we will not offer again!

From the Sismondis
To the Termidorians

*glances at delicious wine just north

Ahem what? No, you're military calculations are naive at best, and we hope your generals continue to underestimate us.

@TLK You have it showing that I have 18 gold banked, but I only banked 12. I don't want to cheat anyone so thought I'd let ya know unless there was some stat change that caused me to have more banked as I see I have a lot more yearly income.

Top Bottom