A Glorious Sepulcher; Fresh Start NES

I wish to drop from this one ... sorry. With so many nations and interactions, that i haven't have a track of, I am simply lost.

I wish to drop from this one ... sorry. With so many nations and interactions, that i haven't have a track of, I am simply lost.

If you learn the nations in your cradle, you can switch off from the rest, but I agree, it is complicated considering there are so many.

on second thought .... what the hell let me be a part of this till we get conquered

Deramar
223 ST, Winter
My name is Nikea and I am the son of Dorus and my mother Hermine. Here in Deramar, on these fertile lands, we have prospered. Unlike our homeland of Imeriya we have suffered no war or other plight. Hundreds of years ago we fled our homeland. The dispicable Chlymians wished to chain us to their suppresive powers and their religious fanatisims and my ancestors resisted. Instead of shackles they chose freedom. First Deramar was founded and then followed Dargoth. One day I hope to return to the Imeriya and see what I have up to this point only known as legend, as a folklore passed on down from generation to generation. I hope to learn more about what happened to my ancestors so long ago.

Here I am on the coasts overlooking the construction of the Great Temple of Arthit, which when finished would be a wonder to behold. The passing away of our cheif mentor, our father figure, Sulap Somchai, the kingdom had come under a lull. Yet it was our family, the family of the Khar, that has now taken control of the country. My father, Dorus Khar is one of the greatest military leaders of the country and I wish to continue in his footsteps.

Overlooking the construction sites as the workers hurried to get the project completed, the salty air in my mouth, suddenly brought me to our present predicament. Our country has been through a steep decline. Our main source of revenue, the merchants rarely come to our ports any more, for they claim, they have found much better markets in the northern lands and isles. Unless we can ensure our coffers are well stacked, my dream of walking on streets of Imeriya would remain a distant dream.

We have been blessed with the fertile lands that provides a never ending supply of food grains, the farmers have been a our biggest contributors in the coffers. But maybe, just maybe, it was time to encourage our artisans to increase their production of wares, so that the merchants can be lured back in these lands. The morale among the populace was low as well, aided by the passing away of the priest, Somchai.

My plan for a possible domestic resurgence was cut short my the voice of my father. Maybe it was time I would be able to convince my father to take matters in our own hands.

.............. to be continued

Excerpt taken from "The Customs and Rituals of the Ancient Konrell" by Dr Hanak Laal, Professor of Serpentin Antiquity at the University of Jennan, with kind permission of Jennan University Press.

As may be expected of a people so dependent on the sea for their livelihood the Konrell religion placed a great deal of emphasis on the figure known as Father Sea. To the Konrell, Father Sea was, with Mother Land, revered as a creator deity (see chapter four for details on the Konrell creation mythos). In addition he was seen as having trade within his divine remit making him the most important deity to most Konrell, although theoretically Mother Land was his equal.

Unlike most contemporary faiths, including other Konrell deities, offerings and rituals in honour of Father Sea were always made in thanksgiving rather than supplication. Regular rites and offerings were made in thanks for his part in the creation, an act that the Konrell believed they could never show enough appreciation for but were obligated to try.
Individual Konra would also make offerings at regular intervals in thanks for success at trading and safe voyages. It was also normal practice for a Konra to make an offering at the earliest opportunity after a particularly successful round of trading or following a long or difficult journey.
The Konrell never made offerings to Father Sea before an event to request his blessings, believing it to be presumptuous to approach him in such a manner. However it was believed that failing to show ones gratitude for his blessings would quickly result in them being withdrawn so the distinction between the Konrell and other ancient Serpentin peoples in matters of religion is somewhat semantic when it comes to motivation but remains important to understanding the differences between them and other trading peoples such as the Misthali.

I don't know what I could do to help ease the pain of having a lot of nations for you all. My best suggestion would be to just focus on the ones immediately around you, and forget about the rest. This is the age of antiquity, after all, so international wheeling and dealing is sort of useless. Wanton invasions and basic trade or political deals should be the norm.

I don't know what I could do to help ease the pain of having a lot of nations for you all. My best suggestion would be to just focus on the ones immediately around you, and forget about the rest. This is the age of antiquity, after all, so international wheeling and dealing is sort of useless. Wanton invasions and basic trade or political deals should be the norm.

This is exactly what I'm doing. I only know my immediate neighbors.

You could split the three cradles into their own threads.. its been done in the past.

This actually might be a good idea. Granted, it would require TLK to split up the updates across all three threads. Although it would cut down on IC stuff about other cradles that you do not need to know. The only problem I think might occur is dropping out of cradles causing there to only be like 2-3 people in a cradle talking about stuff, thus maybe causing a cradle thread to die while others progress.

EDIT: And yeah, I only pay attention to my cradle's progress so far. If I have time, I will read about other cradles, but it does not involve me so I pay much less attention.

Matching reality then? The three cradles should not progress at the same rate. An if a thread slows, we TLK can save hit own time and just write tiny updates to prod it along. If the players want to play, it is up to them to make it happen, not TLK.

The Tog offer the Misthali peace,

Please accept peace in the Serpentin sea and accept that the Remda are Tog sovereign territory.

The Tog offer the Misthali peace,

Please accept peace in the Serpentin sea and accept that the Remda are Tog sovereign territory.

The Misthali accept, under terms discussed.

To Cavharia
From Tog

With peace returning to the Serpentin, are you interested in opening trade with our merchants?

To Osmos
From Tog

With peace returning to the Serpentin, are you interested in opening trade with our merchants?

To Konrell
From Tog

(edit- did we already agree to this?- I can’t find my notes)

In regards to splitting the thread up, I happily would do that, and it wouldn't take that much more effort from me. Though considering the amount of people playing, and the interest this has, I don't think it's warranted. I don't wish to clutter up the main forums with 3 threads with 3-5 players in each thread. I also am "developing" NPC's throughout the map that are basically sitting around waiting to be discovered. They have to deal with barbarians, other NPCs and resource fighting the same as you all, but splitting the thread up would complicate that greatly.

Along with that, while I have no intention to develop cultures and technologies on the same pace, the world is developing time-wise concurrently. The location of each cradle is relatively close enough to one another for me to feel that any sort of "break through" between cradles would occur relatively soon, and would make the growth of the NES to multiple threads pointless, honestly. I never really considered anyone having an issue with keeping up to date with what's going on with your cradle; just skim what's not relevant to you. A compromise may be labeling your posts, stories and diplomacy with your cradle number clear at the top of the post. Aside from that, I don't know what could be done to make it easier for everyone.

I have mentally been debating what to do in regards to the confusing state of the NES and the 3 cradles, and the best I can offer is splitting the update into 3 parts, each one dedicated soley to one of the cradles. I can do the same on the front page, and put relevent Cradle 1, 2 and 3 information on different posts. Will that help anyone out?

I think splitting the update into 3 parts would be the best, but it seems like you've already done that at least to me.

Well, I've tried to. But I'd go on a post-by-post basis. *shrug* Most of these ideas don't create more work for me, just trying to figure out what will help people out.

From the Sismondis
To the Termidorians

*glances at delicious wine just north

Ahem what? No, you're military calculations are naive at best, and we hope your generals continue to underestimate us.

To: Sismondis

Very well.

When our grandchildren sit on our knees and ask us, "Grandfather, why did you throw the Sismondi kings to their own starving dogs to be devoured alive, their sons to the ocean for the sharks, and sell their wives and daughters to the brothels of Dori Lissar to service every peasant with a copper coin?", we shall point them to this message as an example of your insolence.

Top Bottom