A New Dawn Beta Builds

I downloaded the Beta 2 version (from the first post) and it won't install. I get a .net framework error. Anyone else having this problem?

Is your computer upgraded to the latest version of .Net? (4.0 i think)

Several people earlier were having similar problems and that solved it I think.

I think the fonts tga file is wonky - city bar isn't displaying unhappy and unhealthy icons.

In fact, the trade network icon isn't displaying either.

Afforess, I was looking at some of your earlier posts about versions of the game, and trying to figure out what's what while looking at the source code. Is bdarkages still being used? What are the effects of a Dark Age? Is there a way we could get a list of features currently working?

Hi Afforess
First of all great job.
I played both version b1 and b2 and I think beta 1 have got more real country developing system its more difficult (but its better) in beta 2 its too easy to earn money in first part of the game.
Also in beta 2 I don`t see strength of units in building menu

AIAndy said:
That likely means the large font file in RAND is not adapted to the resource fix in the DLL code yet.

It should be, in fact our DLL's are an exact copy, only code I didn't keep was your svn revision hover over for the flags.

Terradive said:
Afforess, I was looking at some of your earlier posts about versions of the game, and trying to figure out what's what while looking at the source code. Is bdarkages still being used? What are the effects of a Dark Age? Is there a way we could get a list of features currently working?

No, too many complaints.

henix said:
Hi Afforess
First of all great job.
I played both version b1 and b2 and I think beta 1 have got more real country developing system its more difficult (but its better) in beta 2 its too easy to earn money in first part of the game.
Also in beta 2 I don`t see strength of units in building menu

Really? The only diff is that I fixed the installer with beta 2....

This former problem problem turned out to be purely a Windows 7 operating system problem:

- Didn't seem to do the trick, (changed _Civ4.ini):

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 1

There seems to be no reference to caching in and.ini or Rise_of_Mankind_Config.ini in the mod folder... Could the problem however be in these files? (Different line?)

- Apparently Civ IV should not be installed under Program Files, as the operating system handles the files separately in the users-folder. The game should respond properly to xml changes, however, if you are sole user and the admin. Perhaps there should be a notification for modders about this detail?

It should be, in fact our DLL's are an exact copy, only code I didn't keep was your svn revision hover over for the flags.
Ok, that change in the DLL requires that the font file is changed slightly so the different icon parts start with the proper alignment of 25. Iirc I deleted 3 or so empty slots.

AIAndy said:
Ok, that change in the DLL requires that the font file is changed slightly so the different icon parts start with the proper alignment of 25. Iirc I deleted 3 or so empty slots.

Ah. I will update that too then.

This former problem problem turned out to be purely a Windows 7 operating system problem:

- Apparently Civ IV should not be installed under Program Files, as the operating system handles the files separately in the users-folder. The game should respond properly to xml changes, however, if you are sole user and the admin. Perhaps there should be a notification for modders about this detail?

I think it should be
= 0
= 0

Try to exempt civ4bts.exe from data execution prevention. Also you can edit the .exe with CFF explorer so it is able to use multi-cores.

Apparently Civ IV should not be installed under Program Files, as the operating system handles the files separately in the users-folder. The game should respond properly to xml changes, however, if you are sole user and the admin. Perhaps there should be a notification for modders about this detail?
Yeah, I have that too. If you don't move the file out of there, you have to start Civ4 every time as an admin

Top Bottom