A New Dawn Beta Builds

I'm doing a test playthrough to isolate any more issues. Interested players can grab a bunch of fixes from the SVN.

I've been trying to do that. Is there something new going on with the symbols? When I do run into an error, it only offers disassembly. Before I moved over to the latest and greatest version, I could debug. Did you change anything? It is possible that I could have inadvertantly chnaged something. Ever hear of something like this? The symbols are loading, but apparently it is not working correctly.

Which XML file contains the diplomatical attitude changes from player's actions?

It seems that the negative effect of bringing an ally against an AI in a war lasts forever? Even though the Afforess' realistic diplomacy is on? :confused:

I think I would also like to see the other values just for minor (neurotic :lol:) reconsideration and editing...

I'm new to this incarnation of the mod (Beta 2.0) and have never used Installjammer and svn before. I tried to follow the instructions given on the first page, but whenever I try to open the "A New Dawn Install Script" I get the following error:
Could not open 'C:/rom export/A New Dawn Install Script': unknown option "-TreeObject::id"
Could not open 'C:/rom export/A New Dawn Install Script': unknown option "-TreeObject::id"
while executing
"Open"
(menu invoke)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

You don't have to open script, just copy entire folder "Rise of mankind new dawn" in the mod folder of civ4. (I could not deal with script too.)

I guess the beta has not been developed in regards to the MP, as there are a lot of OOS problems. Specially with revolutions enabled.

I know that revo-mod has not been developed with MP in mind but in last stable it is almost OOS free.
Would you like some logs about it, or saves or is the MP issues something you are not going to fix any time soon?

I found a little visual error after loading a save without closing the program.

The resource box gets all messed up after each subsequent reload. Not a huge problem but noticeable.

I guess the beta has not been developed in regards to the MP, as there are a lot of OOS problems. Specially with revolutions enabled.

I know that revo-mod has not been developed with MP in mind but in last stable it is almost OOS free.
Would you like some logs about it, or saves or is the MP issues something you are not going to fix any time soon?

It's being actively addressed in C2C. Not sure how many of the OOS fixes Afforess is back-porting to AND.

Has the AI not building planes and nukes been fixed? as i have been playing c2c latley its great but is not as good as this mod.

facing two problems that make game unplayable, have turn 790, giant map and maraton:
1) cannot build corporations (have all research, have leaders), independent what political system or economy I choose. Don't see a reeason why.
2) inflation is 968%, have debit of more than 50000/turn (1 mio collected), if I switch from barter trade (?) to any other.
:confused:

My brother and I were play testing the Beta 2.0 2. We noticed that jungles would pop up out of no where. We think that they are actually spreading from forests since each is next to a forest. Also note that one of them popped-up/spread over a mine. I saw three pop up in our game so far, two of which are on this image.

Jungle 1 (spread on to mine): 1 square down from Washington
Jungle 2: 2 left, 1 up from Washington.
Jungle 3: which was south west of this image sprung up next to a large forest.

Hope this helps.

Untitled (800x451).jpg

My brother and I were play testing the Beta 2.0 2. We noticed that jungles would pop up out of no where. We think that they are actually spreading from forests since each is next to a forest. Also note that one of them popped-up/spread over a mine. I saw three pop up in our game so far, two of which are on this image.

Jungle 1 (spread on to mine): 1 square down from Washington
Jungle 2: 2 left, 1 up from Washington.
Jungle 3: which was south west of this image sprung up next to a large forest.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 314466

I too have seen jungles pop-up over mines and even towns/villages/etc...

please rebalance unique units and buildings. Some civs have a clearly disadvantage with others for example the rome unit against celts unit.

If you want I can make a sketch of how they could be.

facing two problems that make game unplayable, have turn 790, giant map and maraton:
1) cannot build corporations (have all research, have leaders), independent what political system or economy I choose. Don't see a reeason why.
2) inflation is 968%, have debit of more than 50000/turn (1 mio collected), if I switch from barter trade (?) to any other.
:confused:
1) You need the right great people to build corporations. There's also an option when you start the game that makes corporations appear and spread without your control.
2) So this still has not been rebalanced? Barter was already the only way to have a decent income in the late game (due to no inflation) 9 months ago...

It's not listed in the Option as Afforess wanted it to be the Default setting. It is in one of the "Defines" XML files but I can't say which one. So it is On by default.

If you want it off you will need to find it and change the "value" from either 1 or 0 depending on what it is set at now.

JosEPh

tms87 said:
please rebalance unique units and buildings. Some civs have a clearly disadvantage with others for example the rome unit against celts unit.

If you want I can make a sketch of how they could be.

Not interested, balance is fine IMO.

Top Bottom