A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue.
Unchecked "Choose religions" = Standard religions for advances
Checked "Choose religions" = random religions for advances (or other layout)
Oh I finally figured it out. If you check "choose religions" before starting game, you get the favorite religion of the leader you chose to play as.

Oh I finally figured it out. If you check "choose religions" before starting game, you get the favorite religion of the leader you chose to play as.

That's....not that bad actually. But i still prefer to add option to choose religion after advance.

As of bugs - in 1.75c (it might have been already changed)

AI nations use weak civic options in late game. In my - it is late industrial age, they are developing submarines, flight, yet all of 10 nations (besides 2 who use guilds) use coinage, despite having economy since centuries (even if free market isn't simply better, why they ALL have to use coinage?). Also they tend to use federal government even when having only 1 city.

Maybe it's the Negatives of the "newer" Civics that they don't want. Newer Civics may not be suitable for their empire (or yours for that matter).

What's wrong with federal and 1 city? Isn't Federal a Newer Civic and a supposedly Better one? If your Empire is reduced to 1 city does that mean that you Should change your Civic back to Chiefdom or Despotism? :/

JosEPh

Well, i always thought federal is civic for bigger countries, with it's huge maintenance reduction. For small countries it may be unefficient. But even i my huge country, i still prefer republic.

Actually so do I. The War Weariness penalties on Democracy and Federal, imho, are too high, while Fascism is ridiculously low (-50! ) is one example of why I prefer Republic.

JosEPh :)

JosEPh_II said:
Actually so do I. The War Weariness penalties on Democracy and Federal, imho, are too high, while Fascism is ridiculously low (-50! ) is one example of why I prefer Republic.

Nah - look at Europe. They can't deploy troops in even Syria. War is unpopular.

'Merica is a plutocracy, so war is fine...

I have modified CvString & CvWString & CvWStringBuffer classes because original codes was inefficient - duplicated string copy.

CvString classes are so many used in the game. So, this classes was needed to be optimized.

Changes.
1. wchar & char conversion - used kernel API directly (WideCharToMultiByte, MultiByteToWideChar)
2. reduced string copy operations
- added and modified formatv & appendfmt method to modify local buffer directly
- string::format is changed to nest child class - enhanced passing parameter
3. other some optimizations & modifications
- added CvWString::AppendFormat
- added CvWStringBuffer::appendfmt
- added CvWStringBuffer::erase

Partial source
Code:
//
// CvWStringBuffer
//

void CvWStringBuffer::append(const char *s)
{
	if (s) {
		int len = MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, MB_PRECOMPOSED, s, -1, NULL, 0);
		if (len > 1) /*include null*/
		{
			ensureCapacity(m_iLength + len);
			//append wchar data
			len = MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, MB_PRECOMPOSED, s, -1, m_pBuffer + m_iLength, len);
			if(len > 1) {
				m_iLength += len - 1;
			}
		}
	}
}

bool CvWStringBuffer::appendfmt(const wchar * fmt, ...)
{
	int len = 0;
	if(fmt != NULL) {
		va_list args;
		va_start(args, fmt);
		len = _vscwprintf(fmt, args);
		if(len > 0) {
			ensureCapacity(m_iLength + len + 1/*null*/);
			len = _vsnwprintf(m_pBuffer + m_iLength, len + 1/*null*/, fmt, args);
			if( len > 0 ) {
				m_iLength += len;
				m_pBuffer[m_iLength] = 0; // confirm null terminate
			}
		}
		va_end(args);
	}
	return (len >= 0);
}

//
// CvWString
//

bool CvWString::formatv(CvWString& out, const wchar * fmt, va_list args)
{
	int len = 0;
	if(fmt != NULL) {
		len = _vscwprintf(fmt, args);
		if(len > 0) {
			out.reserve(len);
			len = _vsnwprintf(const_cast<wchar *>( out.c_str() ), len, fmt, args);
			if( len > 0 )
				out._Eos(len);
		}
	}
	if( len <= 0 ) out.clear();
	return (len >= 0);
}

class CvWString::format : public CvWString
{
public:
	format(const wchar* fmt, ...) : CvWString()
	{
		va_list args;
		va_start(args, fmt);
		formatv(*this, fmt, args);
		va_end(args);
	}
	~format() { };
private:
	format() { };
};

// From (original)
szHelpText.append( CvWString::format(L"<link=literal>%s</link> (%d)", GC.getCivicInfo(eTargetCivic).getDescription(), iAttitudeChange ));
// To (improved)
szHelpText.appendfmt( L"<link=literal>%s</link> (%d)", GC.getCivicInfo(eTargetCivic).getDescription(), iAttitudeChange );

I had tested in RoM-AND 1.75c & 2.0beta, FfH2 mod for localizing. No problem & issues occured.

After applying this source, not required modifying existed codes. but, for getting more effects, need to replace codes to use appendfmt method, etcs...

Use freely if you feel this would be useful. :)

@lesslol,

Could you maybe post this in the C2C forum under the Ideas/Discussion thread.

I'm very sure Koshling, AIAndy, and Dancing Hoskuld would like to see this.

Do anyone know why battles isn't centered on screen in multiplayer? I only get a message in red on top of the screen when attacked. So if I dont pay attention I wont know what hit me. Can anyone help with this???

How would I fix the 0 wonders per city bug without playing with unlimited wonders? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the new svn working

Got a re-occuring CTD. No error message, just exits when processing the AI turn.

Running RAND 2 beta 2 on Win XP.

If there's a log file somewhere that's needed just lemme know where to look for it.

Attachments

• Swoop AD-0477-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Can't seem to get religions to work on 570. Made sure to make divine_prophet visible. Tryed games with it on and off, nothing changed. pressing f8 showed that it was enabled anyways (even when turned off) Anyway i can delete the option altogether?

The CTD mentioned above does not exist after updating to build 570 from the SVN. Disregard error report.

I've found a bug... not sure if anyone else has seen it.

When building 'World Bank' you receive a one time instant +50% current gold. You're supposed to start getting +10% income in your cities (which does happen).

The problem code is in ROMEventManager with this code:

# world bank national wonder
if iBuildingType == self.iBUILDING_WORLD_BANK:

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.plot().getOwner())
pPID = pPlayer.getID()
iGold = pPlayer.getGold( )
pPlayer.changeGold( iGold//2 )

Once I comment that code out there is no more +50% income.... Not even sure why these lines are in there in the first place as there nothing in the description regarding one-time money increases.

I've found a "bug" of some kind, i doubt this is normal (look at the civ name) :

As far as i know it didnt impact the gameplay, just the name that its wierd. Probably should mention thats a barbarian civ, just appeared in game.
Playing with latest SVN version (dled yestarday).

There was another civ like that but it got wiped out by an ai.

EDIT : Just another ss, a fully formed civ (not minor anymore) still has the text issue.

(Sumerian)

EDIT : Ok, it seems after a while the names turn to normal.

Is there no religion in the beta? I've been playing and everytime I get a tech that says "first to get this founds x religion." I don't get any. And no other civs have any and there have been no messages about any civs forming any. This results in everyone using prophets in the transhuman era... :crazyeye:

Can't seem to get religions to work on 570. Made sure to make divine_prophet visible. Tryed games with it on and off, nothing changed. pressing f8 showed that it was enabled anyways (even when turned off) Anyway i can delete the option altogether?

If using the DP Option you will get a Great Prophet If you are the 1st one to research the Tech that grants the Religion. You Use the GP to found the Religion by selecting the Icon for that religion in the GP's build bar at bottom of screen. If you want the Religions Holy City to be any place besides the city the GP appeared send the GP to that city and then activate the build Icon.

If you use the GP to get a Tech or build a Wonder you will have to wait till you get Another GP to then build the Religion. Each Religion founded will Consume 1 GP.

If you also have Limited Religions Option On then you can only Found 1 Religion. If you use (check the box) the Multiple Religions checkbox in the BUG Options screen then you can found many religions as long as you keep producing GPs and research the appropriate tech 1st.

You Can Not use Limited and Multiple Religion Options together. They are mutually exclusive.

Using DP to found a Religion requires several actions vs vanilla BtS method of founding.

Hope this helps clear up this problem.

Well, i am the first to research the tech, but my prophet doesn't have the ability to found a religion, the button doesn't even show up at all.

Hey All,

I've tried scourging this thread for some time now and didn't see anything related to my issue, so please forgive if I missed it or didn't spend enough hours searching. A buddy and I were playing a simultaneous game one night for a few hours, no issues. The next night we tried loading, and the load worked fine, but it would crash when we ended the turn. I have attached the save file. Below are the host and client comp stats and then the error message (checked log files too, but I can't make any sense out of them):

Host:
Win7 x64
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3GHz
4GB Ram (i think maybe 1066 MHz)

Client:
Win7 x64
Intel Core2 Duo P7350 2GHz
4GB Ram (1066 MHz)

Error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cf028e0
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 001d47fa
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

I understand there's a 2.0 beta under construction, so I'm not even going to ask if someone will look into this (though if someone does that'd be AWESOME) but I'm wondering if this has occurred for anyone else and if so, has any solution been found? I'm no modder, else I'd try myself. I'm still tempted to try, but I feel it'd be like jumping head first down the new hole to Lake Vostok.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Corey and Andrew SmartMap Japan Russia.CivBeyondSwordSave
    377.5 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom