A Place In The Sun

You're on the other side of the planet with, at the time of writing, no sealift or military capacity that the IU is aware of to base any decision on.

Let's form an alliance, Sone, for the sake of the old empire. :mischief:

France will protect the status quo and peace in Europe. If a state in Europe becomes aggressive without reason and refuses our diplomatic proposals, we shall ally with the defending power, whoever he may be. Peace in Europe!

This is the relative economic strength of nations in 1831

RE: update, I'm going to need to tweak some stuff relating to unit costs, and I need to write something up regarding claiming unclaimed provinces because I seemed to have totally forgotten about them, but otherwise update is almost ready.

This makes no sense. Why are China and the Marathas more industrialized than GB for example?

They aren't more industrialized, they just produce more.

Why does it not make sense for a China in this alternative history to not be industrialist?

You expect me to believe that a historical divergence in 1700 resulted in China industrializing within the next 131 years? You think the Qing dynasty was capable of industrializing?

You expect me to believe that a historical divergence in 1700 resulted in China industrializing within the next 131 years? You think the Qing dynasty was capable of industrializing?

Yes. It isn't like China wasn't capable of industrialization even before the Qing.

Europe wouldn't surpass China until ~1850.

So go ahead, explain what changed that the Qing decide to industrialize.

With a PoD of 1700? Taking into account that he isn't the Qing dynasty? Easy.

The new Chinese government took a more forward-looking policy in regards to trade, especially in light of the state's reliance on silver for taxation. With the barbarians to the north effectively subdued, or at least, no longer an active threat, China was able to get away with investing into sea trade based on the idea that the Ming managed to do the exact same thing under Zheng He. The drive to maintain favorable trade balances of silver led to technological innovation on the part of intrepid explorers.

Really, it is harder to justify an industrialized Europe beating China with a PoD of 1700 than the other way around.

Link. Somebody who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Before asking other players to write essays, maybe you should tend to your garden.

Thank you based SouthernKing.

Claiming Central America, Bogota (capital), Maracaibo, Orinoco, Ecuador, Lima, Cusco, and Altiplano as the Bolivarian Republic of Gran Colombia.

Will write and post more later.

How about you explain why the Bolivarian Republic exists despite a PoD of 1700 very likely causing butterflies that sweep away literally everything after 1725, including the Napoleonic Wars.

But you know what, lets not dwell on that. Lets dwell on you, a player who has put less effort into his sign up than most other players in this thread, calling out China for being industrialized without adequately explaining why Chinese industrialization is so impossible. Before asking other players why a dynasty doesn't exist, maybe you should first write us all a ten page essay about why the Bolivarian Republic exists with a PoD of 1700, which is actually less realistic than an industrialized China.

If you can't see why that is less "realistic", that is on you. Not us. Notice how we're not aggressively going after your country. Except I am now, because you're being irritating to a good chunk of the playerbase.

Vote: Linkman226

no your right, its various reasons, peasant rebellions, various invaders, natural disasters, corrupt administration, decadent rulers, failing bureaucracy, Loss of the mandate of Heaven.

Take your pick

ultimately this video will probably give you a better idea.

Link to video.

anyways why the heck does it really matter?

HELL I haven't even described my nation other than the fact that I am the "Mexican Empire" and you are complaining that china is industrialized.

Especially since they are NOT the Qing or Ming dynasty

edit: I think sone said it better than I did, thank you sone :D

Link. Somebody who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Before asking other players to write essays, maybe you should tend to your garden.

How about you explain why the Bolivarian Republic exists despite a PoD of 1700 very likely causing butterflies that sweep away literally everything after 1725, including the Napoleonic Wars.

But you know what, lets not dwell on that. Lets dwell on you, a player who has put less effort into his sign up than most other players in this thread, calling out China for being industrialized without adequately explaining why Chinese industrialization is so impossible. Before asking other players why a dynasty doesn't exist, maybe you should first write us all a ten page essay about why the Bolivarian Republic exists with a PoD of 1700, which is actually less realistic than an industrialized China.

If you can't see why that is less "realistic", that is on you. Not us. Notice how we're not aggressively going after your country. Except I am now, because you're being irritating to a good chunk of the playerbase.

Vote: Linkman226

I asked a question, namely, why China's so industrialized. You blew this up for no reason with inane non-sequitors.

As for my own history, I'm working on it.

no your right, its various reasons, peasant rebellions, various invaders, natural disasters, corrupt administration, decadent rulers, failing bureaucracy, Loss of the mandate of Heaven.

Take your pick

ultimately this video will probably give you a better idea.

Link to video.

anyways why the heck does it really matter?

HELL I haven't even described my nation other than the fact that I am the "Mexican Empire" and you are complaining that china is industrialized.

Especially since they are NOT the Qing or Ming dynasty

edit: I think sone said it better than I did, thank you sone :D

Not complaining, simply asking.

I asked a question, namely, why China's so industrialized. You blew this up for no reason with inane non-sequitors.

I know that this may be difficult for you, so I'm going to walk you through each of your questions as carefully as possible. Please follow along.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

With the caveat that the answer to number two is yes, despite the fact that he is, indeed, not playing as the Qing Dynasty.

So go ahead, explain what changed that the Qing decide to industrialize.

This is not a question. See, this is a command. You started it off with a verb, and I don't see a question mark in sight. I'm sure with your incredible reading skills, you will see that you never actually asked a question relating to the why or how. Commands aren't questions, at least, not in the civilized world we inhabit.

I hope this has been helpful.

Top Bottom