A Tryst with Destiny

I am interested in applying. I have played DoC quite extensively, especially as India (on Monarch mostly), and have developed quite a few strategies, most of which involve India getting all of the religions and some of the more important Pantheon wonders, crushing the Tamils, getting conquerors as early as possible, and invading Europe. However, it's a little late in the game to try that now, so I will have to adapt.

Hopefully he doesn't disband this one too :p

King Biswajit innovated the structure of the King's council advancing further the creation of his forefather, King Srutunjaya. No longer was the council the hegemony of the most learned brahmins. The doors to learning would now be thrown open to the masses. The spirit of the anti-ritual movement throughout the realm was respected in making the new council. This council was more than twice the size of the old one, and for the first time had a Shudra and two Kshatriya in it.

With great aplomb the councillors were welcomed through the gates of Pataliputra. Five elephants carried the five councillors of the imperial court of Pataliputra. At the palace the herald welcomed them on behalf of the king :

By order of King Biswajit first of his name, king of Magadh, and overlord of Bharata, we welcome the councillors to take their seat on the King's Council :

Acharya Mukteshwar II ( Moai Spammer )

Acharya Nagabhatta II ( CaterpillarKing )

Acharya Nanaji ( TheNoob )

Acharya AtulyaSen ( MrRandomPlayer )

Acharya Dhrittiman ( DKVM )

In honor of your appointment to the king's council, you are hereby appointed these titles by the grace of the King Emperor Biswajit.

I like my new name :D

I place before this council the agenda for the future of the empire :

1) On Expansion. The previous council had mandated colonizing the region around the fishing village of Mumbai to create another province. however, the progress is going too slowly with the settler being trained in Pataliputra. The nobles of Pataliputra are not satisfied with the low growth of the city and the others outpacing it. The question before you is, should we hold off expansion for now or prioritize it in the short run using the resources before Pataliputra to support settlers.

2) On military. While we appear to have no immediate foes and the expansion of the archer divisions has given us some strength, we are still wary of future threats from the West. The horsemen of the plains of Persia are regrouping and disturbing reports are coming from there of cries for war against Bharat! We must arm ourselves and quickly. The question before you is, should we shift production away from libraries and temples in the most productive cities to focus on archers instead to face the threat from Persia?

3) On culture. Other nations from unknown lands have reportedly built great wonders. We have learnt of a wondrous Hanging gardens being built in Babylon making the city clean and creating a population boom. We have heard of a vast complex of clay warriors built near China. Yet Bharata which prides itself on its culture, must live under their shadow with no wonders of our own! The question before you is, should we prioritize on building a wonder, if so, which one ?

4) On Science and Economy. Compared with the rest of the world, we are still struggling with technological progress. Though we have advanced due to our exploratory work in Europe and Asia, we are lacking in critical technology such as iron working which though theorized has yet to be worked upon, or the idea of a pantheon of gods. The old council had placed the empire on the path of researching horseback riding and Metallurgy, but hardly any results are seen in this research. In the meanwhile, our economy still struggles to gain surpluses while focussing on scientific research grants. The question before you is, how much of a surplus gold per turn should we maintain and what would be the adequate science rate to keep?

These are the four questions I pose before you. I will furnish a detailed report on the status of the empire as it is shortly. I give you till Friday to discuss, deliberate and debate on these matters and reach a consensus.

~King Biswajit.

1) We should hold off expansion for now so we can save money on the maintenance of new cities so that we may be able to gain more gold, which in turn allows us to up our scientific and/or cultural output.
2) These tales are worrying, and I fear if we don't act and start to work on better protecting our cities, the people will be harmed by these horsemen that are gathering together. I say we start to train more archers in our largest production cities.
3) If we are to use our largest cities for training archers for protection, we can build wonders later on in our cities, and focus more on keeping our empire alive than having our tales spread to other lands. If we aren't alive, then how will we be able to spread our tales? We should hold off on building wonders for now.
4) We should keep our science rate at least at 70%, and try to at least keep our gold output at +1 per turn or more. 60% science is acceptable, but would be much too slow to maintain a good standpoint in science.

1. Hold off on expansion. Indian settlers are the most expensive in the game, so we should focus on other things for now.
2. Build archers (and Spearmen) in all but 1 city, which shall build a Library. Once that library is done, build units in that city and make a library in another city.
3. Which wonders are available? Keep in mind that if more powerful Pantheon wonders are still available, I would advise converting to Pantheon.
4. Keep the highest science rate possible if we have lots of gold. If we don't get the highest science rate that will give at worst -3 gold a turn.

I will send in my report tomorrow my liege.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for more information.

OOC (which is somewhat pointless in this story as I never said a word): Once I got a lot confused because I was playing 3 civ games at the same time (one in single player, one with a friend and one with another friend). Now not only I have my game turned into a story, but also have a multiplayer game and several other stories running in the forums. My head can't take it. And the overlapping of places make things quite more disturbing. Why so many good stories at the same time? I wish I could participate more and not get so confused. Good job there guys!

As mentioned earlier, a detailed report of the state of the empire will be furnished for the King's council to deliberate on.

Tech Tree :

Spoiler :

Demographics :

Spoiler :

Best Cities :

Spoiler :

Map of the Empire :

Spoiler :

Military Advisor's report :

Spoiler :

Domestic Advisor's report :

Spoiler :

At present there is no wonder that can be built as we do not have knowledge of the pantheon.

I place before this council the agenda for the future of the empire :

1) On Expansion. The previous council had mandated colonizing the region around the fishing village of Mumbai to create another province. however, the progress is going too slowly with the settler being trained in Pataliputra. The nobles of Pataliputra are not satisfied with the low growth of the city and the others outpacing it. The question before you is, should we hold off expansion for now or prioritize it in the short run using the resources before Pataliputra to support settlers.

2) On military. While we appear to have no immediate foes and the expansion of the archer divisions has given us some strength, we are still wary of future threats from the West. The horsemen of the plains of Persia are regrouping and disturbing reports are coming from there of cries for war against Bharat! We must arm ourselves and quickly. The question before you is, should we shift production away from libraries and temples in the most productive cities to focus on archers instead to face the threat from Persia?

3) On culture. Other nations from unknown lands have reportedly built great wonders. We have learnt of a wondrous Hanging gardens being built in Babylon making the city clean and creating a population boom. We have heard of a vast complex of clay warriors built near China. Yet Bharata which prides itself on its culture, must live under their shadow with no wonders of our own! The question before you is, should we prioritize on building a wonder, if so, which one ?

4) On Science and Economy. Compared with the rest of the world, we are still struggling with technological progress. Though we have advanced due to our exploratory work in Europe and Asia, we are lacking in critical technology such as iron working which though theorized has yet to be worked upon, or the idea of a pantheon of gods. The old council had placed the empire on the path of researching horseback riding and Metallurgy, but hardly any results are seen in this research. In the meanwhile, our economy still struggles to gain surpluses while focussing on scientific research grants. The question before you is, how much of a surplus gold per turn should we maintain and what would be the adequate science rate to keep?

These are the four questions I pose before you. I will furnish a detailed report on the status of the empire as it is shortly. I give you till Friday to discuss, deliberate and debate on these matters and reach a consensus.

~King Biswajit.

1) On Expansion, I suggest we delay in order to build a better infrastructure.

2)On military, I suggest we have at least two archers in each city then continue building infrastructure in the cities.

3)On Culture, I have no opinion. Do what you will.

4)On Science and Economy, I suggest we have the research as high as possible as long as we don't lose money. I also suggest we build more cottages on non-river tiles when we can to stimulate the economy.

~Acharya Dhrittiman

1. Hold off building the settler until it an be built with much greater ease. Also, build a road to where Mumbai would be so that when you do want to found the ity the trade route is already there.

2. Complete any existing buildings so we do not stagnate but then build archers and put them in the most Westerly cities. If possible befriend Persia to avoid war.

3. Once there are several new archers in the frontiers then build a wonder that is not too old so no one else snags it.

4. If you build more libraries before or after building a bunch of new archers then that should help research.

On the issue of 4, I would research Polytheism first to be able to convert to Pantheon, then try to Oracle Metal Casting. Research/trade for Alphabet, then research/trade for Math.

Top Bottom