Abortion: only an "issue" in the US?

Do you care about the abortion debate

• Total voters

Abaddon

Deity
Just wondering how many people actually give a crap about the arguements, and live outside the US?

Well, atleast here in Norway we dont have that many people so fanaticly intrested in the abort is murder issue, i dont really think most people here care that much and a good majorty is "pro choice".

We have some people handing out flyers with pictures from abortions and handing out dvds with real abortions in schools (yes that happend once) But we usually only shake our head and laugh a little....

I care slightly and thus didn't vote.

Yes, very much so. I'd like to see later term abortions basically outlawed (only legal to save life of mother) and fetal tissue stem cell research supported by the US gov't (funding like California is doing, but much more).

Abortion is in my opinion, and many others here in Norway (probably less then ten percent though): the termination of human life.

Imho opinion this equals murder if not under extreme circumstances such as: Mother's life endangered&pregnancy and the like or worse.

I don't, because it's essentialy become a non-debate up here in Canada. It's legal, and that's the end of it. Even the Conservatives (who are very conservative) have mostly dropped the issue for the political suicide it would be. Some individual MPs from the party bring it up, but it's not likely to ever go beyond that.

Over here abortion is illegal and according to the latest poll 86% of the population want to keep it that way. However it may be at least de-criminalised in the near future.

yes i care about the slaughter of children.

In Ireland abortion is illegal so they must oppose it also. Go ireland!

Hurrah for the Emerald Isle!

I wonder if any of the dire dooms we have been warned of if abortion is made illegal have befallen the Irish?

Hmmmm...

FearlessLeader2 said:
Hurrah for the Emerald Isle!

I wonder if any of the dire dooms we have been warned of if abortion is made illegal have befallen the Irish?
Well Ireland has a population growth rate nearly four times as high as France's. Does that count?

Personally I don't care to participate in these debates as they don't affect me. I have always been careful and thus far cannot remember ever bringing a girlfriend to have an abortion done, nor have a kid approaching me shyly while his/her mum says: "That's your father. Say Daddy." :eek:

Nation-wise, though:
1) Abortion is illegal in the Philippines, since it's a Catholic country. Thus people with unwanted pregnancies have to resort to going abroad (for the rich) or to underground, illegal abortionists to have the procedure done. Sometimes, due to the necessarily sub-standard conditions inherent with an illegal medical facility, complications arise and the mother dies also. :(

2) Abortion in China is legal, and is just another of a wide array of birth control methods. There is absolutely no debate here, since it is officially an atheist country, and traditional Chinese religion doesn't give a fig about the issue either.

Abortion is legal in the UK. I like it that way so don't care much for debates over it.

I don't care what other people do with their bodies...

It seems Abortion is a political issue and not a moral one in the USA.

I wonder how many people who make a noise about it are actually giving
a damn and not just shouting to seem above their own private apathy.

It seems also that many are merely brainwashed to follow a viewpoint by
the media/press/religious leaders and in reality have no real opinion or data.

Humans.....Pffft!

I fail to see the link between the question asked and the option poll...

Here, abortion is not a seriously debated point, because only religious crackpot are against it, and we are lucky enough to have little of them.
But it doesn't mean that people doesn't care about the debate, and that some lunatic was seriously threatening the abortion legality, people would be uninterested...

slozenger said:
Just wondering how many people actually give a crap about the arguements, and live outside the US?

Abortion was decided in 1973 and there has been absolutely nothing since then to change that, so I am incredibly amused that there are people who still consider this an issue. I don't.

I care because I want to know that if for some reason I dont "wrap up" their is a way to get around throwing away my life.

Top Bottom