Adolf Hitler of Germany: 3D Animated, Era Specific Leaderhead (17-01-2005)

Well, there are many reasons why anyone would like him as a leaderhead in the game:

1 - As you said (as I did too, in the preview thread) people may like to kick his butt in the game.
2 - Good or evil, he was indeed a very important leader, not only in German history, but in world history. He was IMO one of the greatest leaders ever (which doesn't mean I have to agree with his politics, which in fact I despise)
3 - People would also like to have him for a WWII scenario (though then they wouldn't need the other eras)
4 - It's also, because of his leadership, one of the best options to replace Bismark in the game, so if anyone wanted an alternative leaderhead, they may use this one.

Now, in case you want to further discuss anything about his politics, please don't do it in this thread. There is already enough space to do that in other places in the forum (which are not included in the Creation and Customization area)

I don't think he should....Mao is diffinitely just as bad as Hitler was, or Stalin for that matter..

Goldflash...please don't be mean to Unexisted, he's an old buddy of mine from when I first got into Civ3

Despite the fact that Historically, Hitler was an important leader, I find taking the morality out of any subject, reducing it to facts, to be counter-productive and the beginning of a long trend towards similiar happenstance)...

Now that you mention it, with this leaderhead, and the WaffenSS unit someone made, someone could probably recreate the Holocaust, perhaps even on the Player's side...meaning, that you could use the sacrifice feature, and make a unit to represent Jews, and bring them to cities with a Concentration Camp city "improvement"... I find this entire thought very disturbing...

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
... why do people like to play as Sith Lord rather than honorable Jedi- why is Cobra better liked than GiJoe? How come the Terminator underwent a metamorphosis from unstoppable killing machine to mighty protector?

Truth is, the mighty Darth Vaders of the universe will always beat Luke Skywalkers when it comes to interest, the image of an unbeatable, mysterious, demonized nemesis being more appealing to players than a good character will ever manage to be.

Because deep down inside, we all have the capasity to be a Stalin or a Hitler, and there is a part of Humanity that loves evil, and doing evil...I tend to go against this flow(For various reasons which I will not get into on this thread), because I actually find Good Characters infinitely more appealing than evil ones.

Like I said earlier in my last post, to play as Hitler, would be like Playing as Bin Laden and executing 9-11 type attacks for fun, or like assassinating beloved American Presidents for fun, or even like being a force of nature like a Tsuanami, and smashing into coastal populated areas for fun...

I'm not saying Jorde intends this to be used for anything like that, but due to that nature of modding, he has no control over it. I will ask that anyway who chooses to be as tasteless as to make a "Be the Nazis and kill the Jews Mod", that they keep it in the cesspool that is likely their own computer, and not let it see the light of day...

I loved Cobra Commander, and disliked GI.joe... But i never understood why the cobra organisation, since it has such vast amounts of cas$$$, didnt just buy some country somewhere and operate from there, instead of building a huge megabase in each and every episode only to have it be blown to bits by those gijoes... :lol:

I agree that everyone could become hitler, provided that they had some amount of intelligence, because hitler was a bit intelligent (not a genius ofcourse, and probably not even that much higher iq than the average) and that they had serius trauma as children, or also had serius mental disorders.
As a child i was often called hitler when i did anything wrong, and so i remained rather fond of his image for a number of years, although that was just something personal. Remember that evil= power, at least in the tv programs one watches, so if a child feels that it is weak it is more likely to want to associate with some image of power. Darth Vader wasnt exactly the archetypical evil guy though, and isnt really close to hitler either, since Vader, although being a part of a dark side, was also counting on his own mystical forces, thus becomming a sort of evil after the death of need for power, ie absolute evil in a way. Remaining evil even after you know that you arent weaker than others means that you have been sunk in the notion of being evil. Evil is also one frequent topic of some writers, like Baudelaire and Lautreamont, the latter being someone who died at 24 and only wrote one book where he praises being evil, killing others, hating, being infested with everything that is ugly etc etc etc.
But, like i said, it is far more common that a kid will identify himself with an evil character in some animation, or movie, because it feels that other kids are stronger than him psysically.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I don't think he should....Mao is diffinitely just as bad as Hitler was, or Stalin for that matter..

Goldflash...please don't be mean to Unexisted, he's an old buddy of mine from when I first got into Civ3

I just want people to stop disrespecting Mao. Mao and his China almost kicked our asses in Korea. For that he deserves our respect.

Anarki said:
You know, my only problem with downloading it is, it's crap.

Thats really not a nice thing to say. Atleast add some constructive critizcism. Its not crap anyways..If you can make a better one, please do.

Yeah, well, I would, but I can't afford Poser. As for constructive critism... I heard he's too fat, his Nose sucks, The Nazi period should be in the Industrial age with a more clean cut looking hitler in the modern ages, plus I don't like the Beards. :p

An alternative modern version is provided so you can use the "real" Hitler as industrial if you want. And if your only other criticisms are that you "heard" that he's too fat and you don't like the nose or the beards then I don't see how that is enough to make it "crap" - just less than perfect. There are other possibilities between the two extremes - or are you some kind of phenomenological structuralist who only deals in opposing dichotomies and cannot understand variation of degrees?

If I rememebr correctly, Anarki, weren't you the one who screamed and demanded a Hitler Leaderhead? and now, once one is finally made, you poo poo it?

Well, I've heard those suggestions more than once actually, and I'm actually willing to remake it, especially since now I notice the camera is a bit too far away from the head itself.

So perhaps, in a couple of weeks time, you could expect a new version of this head, with a closer camera, and little modifications besides that one: I could make him a bit thinner, change a little bit his beards on the first two eras, and probably not much else (I wouldn't want that to become another long project, just a matter of a few days' work)

Technically well done, but I wouldn't play Germany anymore with this guy in charge. ;-)

Someone make Barbarossa or Frederick the Great, please... :)

Top Bottom