1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Colonisation

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by imperator1961, Aug 28, 2007.

1. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Uhm, uhm, you have persuaded me. So I pull out the Tupi and put in game the Danish. For the problem of the colonization of Siberia I have put in the map a line of impassable terrain to prevent the AI. For the Russian I have leaved only two roads - blocked by barricades - so they can colonize Siberia as historical.
    In the next days I will load a new version in the first post whit changes and substantial updates in Civilopedia and Game interface.
    Thanks guys for your contributions. :)

The Age of Colonization MOD

2. imperator1961

S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. - S.O.S. -

I need help! I have some units that have the .pcx files for the Civilopedia that doesnt' work. In civilopedia the box is black or the images have not the white background. Another problem I have is for a couple of units that I dont' have - and I dont' find- the related .pcx files. There is someone that can help me? Thanks!

The units why I need the .pcx files are:
    Maasai Warrior by ShiroKobbure
    Arquebusier by Dease

The units I need the .pcx files are:

Pandur by Steph

3. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

The first two have palette problems.

For the second, you may want to try to make the pedia icon yourself :)

4. imperator1961

Thanks Virote, but I have no idea how to make the pedia icon or how to change the palette for the first two units. There are some tutorials?

5. imperator1961

YHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I have corrected the palette problem for the Masai Warrior, the Indian Grenadier and the Arquebusier .pcxs! Now they works well in Civilopedia. Many thanks to Warwnos for is excellent tutorial. Now the .pcxs of these units are ready. If someone want to use the units in a Mod can ask me the correct .pcxs and I will post the .pcxs.

6. imperator1961

After some days of rest, before the final rush (I HOPE), I think it's the moment to do a list of things to make to complete my Mod. I will update also the first post whit this list, so if there are some volunteers that want help me, the work will end soon ;)

1) Complete the game interface. I choose to mod also the graphics of the game.
    Complete at 70%

2) Redone the Tech Tree. Each Culture Group have a proper tech tree, and in the same group some civs have specific tecnologies. After many tests I have decided for turns of six mounth each. The game start in 1496 and end in 1776 so we have 560 turns total. The research time range is 14 to 28. At maximun speed we need 40 techs, at the slow speed 28. Only european civs can increase the speed to reach a tech, so I need 40 techs for european (included muslims) and 20 techs for the others civs. At the moment I have many more techs in the tech trees, so I need to decrease the number.
    Complete at 60%

3) Add more units. Some civs have not much units, and I need to increase these. Moreover, I am in line for new units fron Sandris ;)
    Complete at 80%

4) Complete the Civilopedia (Icons and units' description, icons and improvement/wonders descriptions and so on). This is (for me) the most annoying part. My poor english forced me to search in other mods the things I need and this is a hard work :(
    Complete at 50%

5) Complete the Improvement/Wonders for all the civs.
    Complete at 70/80%

6) Add more buildings for non-european civs.
    Complete at 60%.

7. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

I could help here, although it would have to be in a couple of weeks. I'm also going to be helping Spacer One with his 'pedia, so I guess it could be easier if there are similar entries between the mods :)

8. imperator1961

Thanks Virote, this would be a great help for me. I have just uploaded a new version of the Mod, whit some changes and the Civilopedia entries I have made. SO you can see what is missing.:)

9. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

Yes its out soon! The mod world will rejoice! Dam what a great work this will be.

I had just played out all the great 2005-2006 seasons mods and was worrying cuz my supply of fresh material was rapidly becoming dimished.

10. imperator1961

Thanks T.A JONES. I hope to complete the Mod soon, so you have new fresh material and I can work to another project I have in mind ;)

11. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

You really need to put in Ideal city locations to preven colonisation of Siberia.

12. imperator1961

How I do to create Ideal city locations? And for the settlers units, what I do?
    To preven colonisation of Siberia I have put in the map impassable terrain; only two roads permit the passage from Russia and these are blocked by russian units fortified in forts. The only problem I see whit this choose is that a worker unit can build a new road to permit the passage of other's settler/units civs.

13. Stazro

Stazro Chieftain

What he probably means is this:
    In the editor you can enable/disable to allow cities on a certain terraintype (in the lower left of the "terrain-register". By default only on marsh, mountain and volcano no cities can be build. One way to limit colonisation is to take the flag to allow settlements away from some terraintypes, e.g. forrests, tundra, desert, whatever.
    More exact results can be achieved, if you allow settling only on one terraintype and limit this terrain to the sites where cities should be build (or where no new cities would be build, i.e. adjacent existing cities), so you can allow all units to move freely but also limit settlement numbers in regions which are rarely populated to only a few, distant ones.

14. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

You should keep up the impassable mountain terrain. Here is some steps to set up ideal city locations.

1. Change the stats of Marsh to be able to build cities on.
    2. Place Marsh under all current cities.
    3. Delete all excess marsh.
    4. Put marsh at locations where you want cities.

Heres also a way to set up a sig so you don't have to type it everytime like it appears you do.
    1. Go o the top of the page click on "My Account.
    2. Go to control panel on the right of the page.
    3. Click edit my signature.

15. imperator1961

Thanks cubsfan for all. Only a question: All other type of terrain must be changed in the stats to not able to build cities on?

Look at my new signature edited :goodjob:

16. Golden Fleece

Golden Fleece Chieftain

@ imperator: I've been watching this thread for some time. How about including Ares' terrain in the mod? That would be truly great!

17. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

Yep ithat would looko pritty but its very easy to do yourself . Reason I say is that IM actually hopin the terrain in his screenie comes with the mod. I think the units are truly best defined on it. I even commetned on it somewhere up there

We can both have our way. All you do is download Ares terrain and drop that folder in this mods 'terrain' folder. Easy as pie Its like doign a patch except you use the mod files as the core files needing to be replaced

I for one will use this untill Ares has finished his beta :) And this will be 1st trime Im torn from "Rhyes "greener terrain pak"" since I downloaded it in 06

18. imperator1961

and

In my personal opinion I prefer for this Mod the Sn00py's terrain I choosed. I think the same of T. A JONES. But I like also Ares' terrain pack and in the next Mod I have in mind I will chose it.:)

19. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Yes but be sure to do it after you put marsh under all of you're cities or all of them dissapear.

20. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Snoopies is good terrain because it goes well with Vwarnos's cities and he has some era cities for this now.