ALC Game 22: Arabs/Saladin

I think that was a good chance to do a mostly peaceful game. Of course, eventually you would want to take on at least one of your neighbours, but why the rush? It wouldn't as spectacular as a normal ALC, but it would have been a good example of adaptation. I think you should keep that in mind for future games, Sis (is that your official 1 syllable name?).

And peaceful games are fun too ;)

I think that was a good chance to do a mostly peaceful game.
Even with only two other civs on the continent?

I guess it depends on how religions pan out. My experience was that both Suleiman and Louis want their own religion. On the bright side, both hold Hereditary Rule as their favorite civic (IIRC).

Maybe the religion rush should have been pursued to keep your two "buddies" a unified happy mono-religious block?

Even with only two other civs on the continent?

I guess it depends on how religions pan out. My experience was that both Suleiman and Louis want their own religion. On the bright side, both hold Hereditary Rule as their favorite civic (IIRC).

Maybe the religion rush should have been pursued to keep your two "buddies" a unified happy mono-religious block?
In a geographical situation like the one on this continent, where S only bordered Louis directly, having him as a friend was the only key to a safe diplomatic situation. Louis and Sulieman hating each other wouldn't have been a problem since they wouldn't have had OB to allow Ottoman troops through.

It's having land borders with multiple AI who hate each other that makes diplomacy really tricky on the higher levels.

But I will generate and post the new start tonight in a new thread so we can all discuss where to move the Warrior. :lol:

So, which "tonight" were you thinking of? :)

Top Bottom