ALL Bugs, AI actions and UI Elements in Civ VI we want to have fixed

What Bugs, AI actions and UI Elements in Civ VI you want to have fixed?

• Leaders shouldn't do their "Positive trade deal" animation twice in a row.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
UI elements - I would like to see all list-based information screens able to be sorted by clicking on the title for each column. I know there are mods to cover this, but I would like to see them rolled into the base game.
For example science output - sort by city name in alphabetic order or science output in numeric order, and the ability to reverse either sort direction (A-Z / Z-A).

Because then the X-box version would be different from the PS and Switch versions, which is something I don't think Firaxis would want.

Why? They are already completely different versions anyways.

This is like saying I don’t want to put bells on my black horse because then it would be totally different than my white donkey

They are already different

If Sony want to be...there is no civil way to say it...about mods then let them suffer the consequences

Ability to sort cities in order of a particular production yield, with each city occupying one line

new text (and animations) for when the AI makes you an offer that you accept. Right now AI offers something and u accept and they say “a great offer” as if u were the one offering

Why? They are already completely different versions anyways.

This is like saying I don’t want to put bells on my black horse because then it would be totally different than my white donkey

They are already different

If Sony want to be...there is no civil way to say it...about mods then let them suffer the consequences

Having played on the on both the PS and Switch no, they are the same game. Besides treating different subsets of your customers differently for little to no gain, I can't imagine a lot of people care about mods on consoles, is just bad business practice.

Also, I never remember modding being a big deal outside of the initial Fallout/Skyrim announcement and an admittedly quick search shows that you can't actually mod games on the Series X/S anyway. Modding games on consoles is probably never going to be a thing because it goes against the point of consoles in the first place - ease of accessibility and use. I doubt that most console players even care about mods because if it was a deal breaker then they would be playing on PC.

My comments are based on my experiences playing (with the December patch, GS-rule-set) 6 games starting from the Information Era; 4 games from the Modern Era; 3 games from the Atomic Era:
I think there is lots of room for improvement for games starting in later eras. The AI plays much worse (overly passively) in such games. I also see a general lack of balance; for example, expanding as fast as possible and chopping and harvesting everything feels massively overpowered. The later the start era, the worse the imbalance and AI play.
Moreover, you start with no naval units whilst there are powerful barbarian ships zipping around.

Having played on the on both the PS and Switch no, they are the same game. Besides treating different subsets of your customers differently for little to no gain, I can't imagine a lot of people care about mods on consoles, is just bad business practice.

Also, I never remember modding being a big deal outside of the initial Fallout/Skyrim announcement and an admittedly quick search shows that you can't actually mod games on the Series X/S anyway. Modding games on consoles is probably never going to be a thing because it goes against the point of consoles in the first place - ease of accessibility and use. I doubt that most console players even care about mods because if it was a deal breaker then they would be playing on PC.

What alternate reality are you posting from? I’ve been playing modded Fallout and Skyrim on the xbox literally this weekend

The codebase for the xbox, playstation, PC and switch are all going to be different because they have different hardware and OS’s

I mean the consoles don’t have a mouse and keyboard. That alone means the UI functions a lot different

Being able to use mods on console is a HUGE selling feature. Look at the sales figures for Skyrim SE

I think even if Firaxis/2k decides to make Mods available for the Consoles, I don't think many Modders will try to make their Mods compatible with them (Unless one enjoys Playing the Game with the Consoles over PC), since not every Modder has the Game in their Console (if they have one at first), and it would mean spending more Time to check for Bugs with the Consoles (beside PC). So a lot of Effort for Mods that don't even get used by many Players anyway (even PC). (I noticed that the majority of Players that deslike using Mods for Civ VI, play the Game with Consoles - But I'm not saying that it's a Fact)

Yeah, I could imagine some Modders, that want Mods for Consoles, will at least try to make some popular Mods compatible with consoles (with permission from the original Authors), but that would require them to constantly make Updates from the Original Mods' Updates.

Also, Games like Skyrim are more enjoyable with Consoles, say it has more Console Players than PC. And because it's more Popular on Consoles, Modders are more likely to make Mods for it that are compatible with Consoles.

I'm a Modder myself (although I only have released 1 Mod yet, but I've Planned quite a Bunch), but I will speak for myself only not others, even if Firaxis makes Mods available for Consoles I won't try to make them Compatible with Consoles. Because:
1) I don't have one,
2) even if I have one (or all the Consoles) I prefer playing Civ on PC rather on Consoles, so I wouldn't spend a lot of Time on something I myself won't use (I've seen a lot of Peaple expecting Modders to always comply with their requests and take the great Works that Modders create for granted and expect them to constantly Update them. I think Modders of Civ VI are only valued by a few. Don't forget, a Modder will only make a Mod if he likes to),
3) Trying to make a Mod for many Platforms is very Time consuming (especially if you have many Mods to check for Bugs) and not worth the Effort for me. BUT I would give anyone permission to make my Mods compatible with the Consoles, though.

So please Guys let us jump back to the Topic of this Thread and focus on Bugs and UI only (actually each one deserves it's own Thread, as there are too many of them).

AI: the one most important thing to be improved, in my opinion (I'm not dreaming of "fixed"). Please make it an actual challenge to the human player. At least try to improve it a little bit, so its units don't just stand around in front of an enemy city (or their own), simply doing nothing apart from waiting to be slaughtered (how is this even possible after more than four years?). Same applies to barbarian units. Not all the time, but still way too often. Overall, the AI seems to be a threat only in the early stage of the game, if at all.
Let the AI actually send troops. Not just declare a war against you and that's it, instead of sending an actual army that scares the hell out of me.

Make Civ6 a captivating game after the first 100 turns or so, where there are important choices and everything matters, instead of it becoming ever more dull the further you get in time.

If you raze a city, don't let it count for various requirements, for example don't let its campus count for the "build 2 campuses" inspiration before razing it. These things should trigger only when keeping a city.

UI: the ability to sort the yields screen, as mentioned above.
Make the whole trading thing less of an annoyance (I use the Better Trade Screen mod already, but still)

Is the work ethic bug still out there, by the way?

I have no clue if this fits or where else it should go, but this is one thing that just really bugs me.

Leaders shouldn't do their "Positive trade deal" animation twice in a row.

They either do a negative one or a positive one based on if they're willing to accept the deal, and with a positive trade deal they will do it again after the deal is made.

This leads to the same animation being played twice in a row, which just looks really odd and bugs me for some reason I can't explain.

My suggestion is to make it so only the negative animation will be played when you're actually suggesting the terms of the deal, but the positive one will still play after a positive deal is made.

What alternate reality are you posting from? I’ve been playing modded Fallout and Skyrim on the xbox literally this weekend

The codebase for the xbox, playstation, PC and switch are all going to be different because they have different hardware and OS’s

I mean the consoles don’t have a mouse and keyboard. That alone means the UI functions a lot different

Being able to use mods on console is a HUGE selling feature. Look at the sales figures for Skyrim SE

Two things then I'll stop.

1)Personal anecdotes are not data. Just because you are doing or like something doesn't mean everyone else does.

2)I have never, ever heard of someone saying that mods are selling feature on a consoles. In fact, I have never heard of games outside of Fallout and Skyrim actually being moddable on consoles and, like I said above, it looks like you can't even mod games on the Series X/S. Firaxis is not going to allow mods for literally just one out of five consoles. It's not worth the effort. And, you can think that people bought the special edition re-release of a highly popular, influential, and well reviewed mostly because you can mod it but I'd reconsider that.

I want to see the City States list to be sorted by number of envoys and by type, rather than a convulated mess of whatever we have, sometimes it's hard to see who I need to invest in, I tried modding it but found that the modding is much harder than I think it should be.

It's also time that the devs look at the Great Work Screen and optimzie it, there's now SO many great work slots, a lot of them often remain empty.

I also wanna see the implementation of Promises between Human players, right now a player can't really reject/accept a promise, it just there.. doing nothing.

I think even if Firaxis/2k decides to make Mods available for the Consoles, I don't think many Modders will try to make their Mods compatible with them (Unless one enjoys Playing the Game with the Consoles over PC), since not every Modder has the Game in their Console (if they have one at first), and it would mean spending more Time to check for Bugs with the Consoles (beside PC). So a lot of Effort for Mods that don't even get used by many Players anyway (even PC). (I noticed that the majority of Players that deslike using Mods for Civ VI, play the Game with Consoles - But I'm not saying that it's a Fact)

Yeah, I could imagine some Modders, that want Mods for Consoles, will at least try to make some popular Mods compatible with consoles (with permission from the original Authors), but that would require them to constantly make Updates from the Original Mods' Updates.

Also, Games like Skyrim are more enjoyable with Consoles, say it has more Console Players than PC. And because it's more Popular on Consoles, Modders are more likely to make Mods for it that are compatible with Consoles.

I'm a Modder myself (although I only have released 1 Mod yet, but I've Planned quite a Bunch), but I will speak for myself only not others, even if Firaxis makes Mods available for Consoles I won't try to make them Compatible with Consoles. Because:
1) I don't have one,
2) even if I have one (or all the Consoles) I prefer playing Civ on PC rather on Consoles, so I wouldn't spend a lot of Time on something I myself won't use (I've seen a lot of Peaple expecting Modders to always comply with their requests and take the great Works that Modders create for granted and expect them to constantly Update them. I think Modders of Civ VI are only valued by a few. Don't forget, a Modder will only make a Mod if he likes to),
3) Trying to make a Mod for many Platforms is very Time consuming (especially if you have many Mods to check for Bugs) and not worth the Effort for me. BUT I would give anyone permission to make my Mods compatible with the Consoles, though.

So please Guys let us jump back to the Topic of this Thread and focus on Bugs and UI only (actually each one deserves it's own Thread, as there are too many of them).

Literally this entire discussion happened years ago when Bethesda announced modding for consoles. Literally every one of these objections came up, and turned out to be false.

Seriously

AI:
- remove the restriction of AI not trading a Luxury Resource that they only have 1 of, but actually can trade it/don't neccessarilly need it because their Cities have plenty of Amenities. and Make Deals with Units Possible (Civilian and Military but not religious).
- Improve AI Naval Combat, like Naval Units joining Combat on Land by Firing at Units that are in reach, Bomb Tiles to keep the owner from working them, and immensely decreasing Strength of Land Units when Embarked, so that they are more vulnurable to Naval Units. Ideally make Land Units only cross Ocean/Coast/Lake by getting Transported by Naval Units (and make AI handle this).
- making AI more likely to conquer a Cities that own Strategic resources and/or Luxury resources they desire, from the early Eras till the Modern/Atomic Eras, with varying chances in each Era.
- make it not use non-militaristic Units for exploring the Map and collecting Goody Hutts.

UI:
- Aside from more Infos of the Items in the Tooltip (like origin of Resource/Greatwork(Products)...etc) inside Diplomacy Deal Screen, we should be able to switch off the deal Screen when we get an Offer and get back to it at anytime in that same turn, and remind us if we forgot it and clicked Next Turn (so that it doesn't proceed till we close the deal).
- Adopt UI and Flavor Mods like: Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments/Civ Selection Screen/Global Relations Panel, Unique District Icons, Better Trade Screen, Better Report Screen, Better Deal Window, More Lenses, Enhaneced Mod Manager, Extended Diplomacy Ribbon, Better Loading Screen, Better Espionage Screen, Better Policy Cards and Simplified Gossip (Where most of what People want is already integrated/coded (and Up-to-date with the Game), so Firaxis just needs to implement them like they did with Map tacks).
- The Ability to select multiple Units and move them to a Plot, but with the Units distributed to adjacent Tiles and not stacking if they are the same Type.
- Make Civilopedia available in the Main Menu.
- City Production Panel: Queue Buildings that have prereq Buildings not built yet or damaged (need repair), and Queue Districts by also selecting the Tile for a District (Queue a District ==> City will force Player to choose the Tile for it or exit).
- Player Ability to change (all) Civs Jerseys In-Game (after all, it should be the choice of the human Player to switch Jerseys since it's just relevant for him/her, especially if the Game decides to change Jerseys of Civs that have similar main Colors (But I wanted Japan to be White/Red not Blue/White... :sad: ==> reroll the Game)).

Last edited:
UI:
City-states list - sort by name/type/envoys; add total envoy counter (useful for some policy cards)
Great work popup - filter by type/building
Policy cards popup - filter by yield type (food, gold, etc.)

Top Bottom