All leader portraits

You do realize the Ottomans came in in an expansion in Civilization IV? They might do the same here, not necessarily as DLC.

For the "G" between Germany and Greece, has someone already mentioned Great Zimbabwe?

It could be a stone statue of Mutota or someone else...

There aren't any historical depictions of Mutota. Besides, why Great Zimbabwe as opposed to just Zimbabwe?

For the "G" between Germany and Greece, has someone already mentioned Great Zimbabwe?

It could be a stone statue of Mutota or someone else...

How much we know of them? What kind of leaders they had and what kind of agendas these leaders had? What are their unique units and unique buildings?

Since we could have more than one leader per civ, I think the most realistic options are Germany, Ghana, Goths, or Greece.

700 posts of discussion and detective work in 14 hours... and I missed it all :cry:

Maybe one is Korea or Goryeo? The pointy hat one would be a prime candidate for their garb.

When I looked at C5 yesterday, I saw very clearly a head in profile with what looked like a hat similar to the one Civ5 Hun Horserider was wearing. That made me think Mongolia.

But, looking at it today, I seem to see ... breasts!?

Spoiler :

Could B5 be Mansa Musa of Ghana?

Since it's between Germany and Greece it has to start with G. And some ancient drawings of Musa showed him with a yellowish clothing, a crown and a short black beard.
Spoiler :

Might fit the blurry picture. :)

EDIT: No, I misread something. Wrong country.

How much we know of them? What kind of leaders they had and what kind of agendas these leaders had? What are their unique units and unique buildings?
They're an okay attested builder civ (their structures were so impressive that the white colonials refused to believe the natives built them), and the later Shona states had good interaction with Portuguese colonists and merchants that we could use as a basis for the Agenda. (though we know next to nothing about Mutota himself). I made a fairly detailed mod based off them myself, complete with events and decisions, so we definitely know more than enough to make a good civ out of them.

Maybe one is Korea or Goryeo? The pointy hat one would be a prime candidate for the pointy hatted guy.

Goryeo was one of my ideas for B5 as well. some Anceint Korean portraits as drawn with them wearing yellow like the blurry image. However none of them that I've looked through matched.

C5 confirmed (at least for me) as Mehmed II (Ottomans):

mehmedii.PNG c5.PNG

(image taken from:
https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/736968372559040512)

When I looked at C5 yesterday, I saw very clearly a head in profile with what looked like a hat similar to the one Civ5 Hun Horserider was wearing. That made me think Mongolia.

But, looking at it today, I seem to see ... breasts!?

Spoiler :

If they are to do a female Mongol leader, it most likely would be Khutulun or Mandukhai the Wise. Both are big personalities. Khutulun won over 10,000 horses by wrestling and defeating man after man who sought her hand in marriage. Mandukhai the Wise rode out into battle pregnant with twins and won the battle. :eek:

It doesn't really match IMHO. The feather is too light to be that conical looking hat thing.

I took not the right part of the big image. Here is a better version by pasting the blurry image into the big one:

board_into_painting.jpg

You can see the dark and the white flag from the background. The flag is your "feather".

They're an okay attested builder civ (their structures were so impressive that the white colonials refused to believe the natives built them), and the later Shona states had good interaction with Portuguese colonists and merchants that we could use as a basis for the Agenda. (though we know next to nothing about Mutota himself). I made a fairly detailed mod based off them myself, complete with events and decisions, so we definitely know more than enough to make a good civ out of them.

Thanks! I was too lazy to do it. I've made a mod about them too.

If you can read the french, there is a very interesting book about those brilliant but not well known civilizations called "Le rhinoceros d'or" .
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Rhinocéros_d'or

The title of the book come from a golden rhino statue founded at Great Zimbabwe.
Indeed, Great Zimbabwe was also a mining civ that was involved in gold trade.

Top Bottom