Altered maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he changed the swastika on the map in the second link to a daft little square-and-cross thing? :confused:

Why did he changed the swastika on the map in the second link to a daft little square-and-cross thing? :confused:

No swastikas allowed on Paradox forums :) They are afraid that Germany would ban their HoI-2 game if they displayed it. The fact is they probably don't understand the German laws which deal with Nazi symbols.

Anyway, the map above is probably the most realistic version of what Nazi Germany could have achieved. Pretty scary, but again we had something similar in real life, only the swastika was replaced with hammer, sickle and the red star.

Actually, they're still too big. All other major countries (except Russia) lost a lot of territory.
Sweden appears to've lost the island of Öland (population ~25k).
Capitalism is, at least in theory, an anti-state ideology. "Free market", and all that.
The so-called free market presupposes a state that enforces property rights.

The PRC has no intention of holding power over the Indian subcontinent... the area is cursed by a long history of misgovernment and spiralling demographic crisis. No, the proper solution, not fully detailed by the map, is a brutal and quick war subduing the upstarts and dividing the northern reaches of the state into puppet buffer states to forever castrate her ability to pose a threat to the Middle Kingdom.

View attachment 183179

who's top dog here? would make for an interesting Civ scenario...

It makes for a pretty picture, but Vietnam would never, EVER go for being ruled by the Chinese. They never have, and I don't think they ever would.

If that was fixed, it would make for a very fun scenario, yes.

Cheezy, various Chinese dynasties have ruled over large stretches of North Vietnam for centuries. It will just be a return to fold. The Chinese people have long wielded the true economic power in Southeast Asia, that was temporarily broken by European imperialism, but history will always repeat.

The New World Oder map reminded me off the Karelian's great alternate history project:

Bigger picture

More about the project

I like the way he uses this alternate timeline to explain the evils of the Soviet rule (the bottom line).

Oh Winner, its been so long since I've been to the forum. And on that cue and the usual slander of my country that I remember, I say 'Piss off'... ;)

On a diffrent note Id like to say nice to see you all again and I look forward to future debate and discussion.

Some very nice maps... Hopefully I'll fix on of my own up very soon.

Quebec Republic-2060

Huge map-but if it were smaller you wouldn't be able to see that tiny dot on Montreal called Westmount

Attachments

• quec.jpg
    quec.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,104
I think I see Virginia in that map.

Cheezy, various Chinese dynasties have ruled over large stretches of North Vietnam for centuries. It will just be a return to fold. The Chinese people have long wielded the true economic power in Southeast Asia, that was temporarily broken by European imperialism, but history will always repeat.

History will always repeat, you're right. New Trung Sisters and a new Tran Hung Dao will keep Vietnam independent; if history has proven anything, it is that no one can rule Dai Viet but the Vietnamese.

The unofficial plan cooked up by Mossad...

OK, I just do this when there's nothing else to do. I just open up a map, plop down some countries and play with it. Warning, it's a biggun!

Spoiler :

Explanation by empire:
Kola: Started on the Kola Peninsula, expanded onto Scandinavia while moving into Eastern Europe. Took over northern Germany and part of England in a war with Gaul, now gone.
Carthage: Started in Carthage, came into early conflict with Gaul, which had basically become the Roman Republic plus France. With the aid of Kola, Arabia, and Turkestan, took down the coalition of Gaul and Byzantium.
Turkestan: Started on the east side of the Caspian. Boring nation until it came into war with Byzantium and took some lands, which it then promptly gave to Arabia in exchange for the Straits of Hormuz.
Arabia: Started in Arabia, boring until it came into war with Byzantium and conquered it. Turkestan gave Arabia all the lands it had conquered and got the Straits of Hormuz. Byzantium used to be Turkey, Balkans, and Mesopotamia.
Bengal: Started in India, but had Ganges revolt early on. Overall, boring nation.
Ganges: Revolted from Bengal early on and then moved into Southeast Asia. Is facing pressure from China and Bengal. Sold Singapore to Celebus for Sumatra.
China: Started in China, pretty boring nation, but is putting pressure on Bengal. Currently colonizing Japan.
Siberia: Started near that lake, and expanded through conquest. They had little of interest until they met the "People from across the Great Sea" (The Aleutians in Kamchatka.)
Celebus: Started on Celebes and were naturally sea-farers. If you look, they have Indonesia, Philippines, Hawaii, nearly every Pacific Island, northern New Zealand, and part of Australia.
Australia: Started in West Australia. Boring Nation, but Western Australia rebelled. Controls Southern New Zealand.
West Australia: Revolted from Australia. Nothing of Interest.
Zaire: Started in Zaire, boring until it almost conquered Mali with the assistance of Amazonians. Currently conquering what's left of Mali.
Madagascar: Started in Madagascar, expanded onto the mainland eventually. Will backstab Zaire eventually.
Amazonia: Started in the Amazon. They met the Mali people who had come from across the Atlantic. Then all hell broke lose. I'm talking free for all warfare in all of South and Central America. Especially the Caribbean. Peace has been reached, and the Amazonians are currently conquering the root of their problems, Mali.
Inca: Started in the Andes. Known for backstabbing every one of their allies. Has fought every South American nation.
Pantagonia: Peaceful, boring nation. They had Uruguay revolt, but they eventually got it back peacefully.
Mexico: Started in Mexico. Conquered the Union of Central Countries early on, leading to hell breaking loose. Lost Caribbean and part of Florida to Mali, unable to get it back.
Mali: Started in Mali. Got across the Atlantic, but left upon discovering hell had broken loose. Now exiled to the Caribbean by Zaire and Amazonia.
I'm too bored to do the Americas, now. Wow, I just realized I have too much spare time.

OK, I just do this when there's nothing else to do. I just open up a map, plop down some countries and play with it. Warning, it's a biggun!

...Bengal is not in Bengal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom