Alternate History Thread II...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misread him. That's only his reputation.

But yeah. Him. ;)

Kal'thzar said:
Your a diplomat and a builder, not a warmonger.

As in, you'll bend over backwards for whatever power :p

It's called going with the flow ;) I looked at what happened to the naions that opposed that power and decided it was better to be friends then enemies. I mean, people knowing that attitude spared me. Looked what happened to Qing China when I left and thlayli tooked over. Invasion by France and Japan :p

And goob's nes... But I digress :mischief:

Das, do you have any idea what could potentially keep Ming China well, not exactly progressive, but at least not reactionary after the death of the Yongle Emperor? Like more of a moderate Emperor :confused:

alex994 said:
It's called going with the flow ;) I looked at what happened to the naions that opposed that power and decided it was better to be friends then enemies. I mean, people knowing that attitude spared me. Looked what happened to Qing China when I left and thlayli tooked over. Invasion by France and Japan :p
Actually I ranked you as being rather more likely to invade than Thlayli, most of my plans just went ahead anyway despite the change. :p

Symphony D. said:
Actually I ranked you as being rather more likely to invade than Thlayli, most of my plans just went ahead anyway despite the change. :p

That's because you're a bloody paranoid weirdo :p I know what I would have done if I hadn't quit... There would be none of that "Overthrow the Manchu" nonsense you were sprouting ;)

I was totally committed to continuing a peaceful, prosperous China, with the total annihilation of Japan more than a decade away. Oh well. I suppose I lost the war when I refused to stack my coastal cities with garrison troops as I should have.

Of course, I didn't know Sym then, so...

Sorry, hadn't any time to read Dachs' althist yet, but will do so soon.

I am fed up with this "alex994 is a peacemongerer" rubbish, really. We should create a Defamation of Alex Society or something! :p

Das, do you have any idea what could potentially keep Ming China well, not exactly progressive, but at least not reactionary after the death of the Yongle Emperor? Like more of a moderate Emperor

Its all a matter of keeping the eunuchs in power, IMHO... ;) On the other hand, perhaps if the Yongle Emperor died earlier, before the expeditions went all that far, the reaction against them wouldn't have been quite as extreme, and the treasury would also have been more intact. Say, didn't NK do something like that a while ago?

Incidentally, I have a great idea for an early 20th century althist, and already plotted out the first decade or so; will probably write it up later this week. Any interest?

das said:
Its all a matter of keeping the eunuchs in power, IMHO... ;) On the other hand, perhaps if the Yongle Emperor died earlier, before the expeditions went all that far, the reaction against them wouldn't have been quite as extreme, and the treasury would also have been more intact. Say, didn't NK do something like that a while ago?

Nope. Honestly, where do you get all these imagine things I've done? :p

The only China althist I recall ever doing was a guess the PoD map that occurred during the Yongle's reign.

Actually, scratch that. Looking back through my PoD maps, I apparently did make something to that effect. Okay, I really need a better memory for things I've done.

Precisely, that's what I was talking about, it also had a Polish republic fighting with the Byzantines. ;)

Nah. That one was one where the Chola assault on Sirivijaya succeeded even more so than OTL. I believe it was harshly criticized as unrealistic, as people didn't think that an event in Indonesia and India in the 1200s could affect the Europeans especially...

Das, your writing Canute, NOT 20th centruy bull-shi'ite

:cry: NOOO!!! I must know! How can I go to school without knowing? Will you be done in 2 weeks at least?

Nah. That one was one where the Chola assault on Sirivijaya succeeded even more so than OTL.

Ah, yes. Keep confusing them...

Das, your writing Canute, NOT 20th centruy bull-shi'ite

Swiss, you're applauding, NOT complaining or telling me what to do. :p

NOOO!!! I must know! How can I go to school without knowing? Will you be done in 2 weeks at least?
You can ask Thlayli if you want. Though I can't guarantee his honesty.

Neither can I, unfortunately. ;)

Again das, if you have no interest in modding Canute, but will make the stats, I'll do it. You have plenty of other althists and such to choose from for NES2 VII, and the revivalist faction for ITNES is there too. I'd really like to mob, er, mod this. After I get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom