Alternative Component Names for VP

Of course. Just find the related paragraph in the files. All civs should have been mentioned there.

I'm enjoying this mod so far. When using it with the Macedonian Empire mod, it changes the name of Greece to Makedonia led by Pericles, and leaves Macedonia the same, giving me two Macedons. Is there an easy change I could make, e.g. modifying a few lines so that Makedonia applies to Macedon, and Greece gets a new endonym?

Just comment the line where the name is changed for Greece.

v5 released:
Code:
- added Kraal;
- added missing reference for MUCfVP;

What do you mean?

You mean the will merge VP parts into one? Probably, yes.

Do you know when will this happen?

v7 out with compatibility with all @pineappledan's custom civilizations!
Code:
- added compatibility with all @pineappledan's custom civilizations;
- fixes numerous compatibility issues with MUCfVP (Bullring, Mamluk, Krupp Gun);

I'm enjoying this mod so far. When using it with the Macedonian Empire mod, it changes the name of Greece to Makedonia led by Pericles, and leaves Macedonia the same, giving me two Macedons. Is there an easy change I could make, e.g. modifying a few lines so that Makedonia applies to Macedon, and Greece gets a new endonym?
It's now compatible! Enjoy the the splitted Greeks.

Last edited:
New v8 version with new stuff and brand new feature: Endonyms for Natural Wonders!
Code:
- added support for base Natural Wonders and those from More Wonders mod;
- added references for custom civilizations;
- modified civilizations compatibility tags to be easily distinguishable in Community table (added "-CIVILIZATION");
- added compatiblity (reference) and new endonyms for new CSs from UCS;
- further @pineappledan's civilizations tweaks;
- cleaning the files (deleting Missión; changed cathegories for some entries);
- renamed Helsinki to Helsingfors in Swedish city list;

Don't forget to share your opinion and suggestion about new endonyms!

Last edited:
v9 small update on:
Code:
- readded Missión from VP 2.7;
- cut "Hall" from "Ceilidh Hall";

After long, long time v10 is out with massive revision and update to latest VP:
Code:
- added 1 Polish city: Świdnica;
- unique letters:
    - added "ó" (read it like "u") to Polish names, as it is the only one working (https://blogs.transparent.com/polish/using-u-and-o/);
    - added unique letters and made some corrections to city lists:
        - Spain (small corrections of spellings), Portugal, Brazil, Sweden, Germany, Austria, France, China (tones);
        - Venice (reworked to Venetian dialect);
        - Denmark (reworked to Old Norse dialect; added reserve list);
        - Greece (added few more cities; fixed multiple non-Greek spellings; fixed city order; removed duplicates);
    - added some unique letters to the exisitng changes (units, buildings, improvements, leaders, city-states):
        - confirmed letters: á, à, ä, â, å, ã, æ, é, è, ë, ê, í, ì, ï, î, ó, ò, ö, ô, ø, œ, ú, ù, ü, û, ý, ç, þ, ð;
    - added few more detailed corrections (mostly Greek uniques, but also more);
    = there are some letters missing:
        - ą, ę, ł, ć, ń, ś, ź, ż (Polish);
        - ß (German; it is replaced by "ss" automatically);
        - ǫ (Dansk/Old Norse);
        - ÿ (French);
        - ā, ē, ī, ō, ū, ǎ, ǐ, ǔ (Chinese);
        - ḗ, ṓ (Greek);
- added regular English adjectives to the endonym part (original one was never finished and there's no plan for it);
- added new UCS City-State names from updates v13 to v15;
- added endonyms for "Builds";
- few minor corrections;

v11 adjusted to VP 4.2.1:
Code:
- added entries for conflicts table (new feature blocking certain City-States if conflicting Major Civ is in game; added in dll);
- Spanish Inquisitor now named "Inquisición";

v12 with minor changes:
Code:
- Nyaryana Marq typo fix;
- Zanzibar is now Unguja;
- Ife city name corrected;

v13 with new compatibilities with @gwennog's and @Hinin's civilizations:
Code:
- Harun name fix;
- added compatibility with @gwennog's civilizations (Ainu, Basque, Corsica, Ireland, Kyivian Rus, Louisiana);
- added check for UCS mod in MajorBlocksMinor table (in case when UCS is disabled);

Great mod! It makes things feel more authentic and less English-centric.

I have a question though. I'm playing as Sukhotai/Ram Khamhaeng. I've noticed that there's two different spellings for the civ/city, and I'm curious if there is a reason for the difference. The capital city and full civ name use 'Sukhothai' with two 'h's, but the short description and adjective use 'Sukhotai'. I've seen both spellings but I can't quite figure out if they're just both accepted spellings or if they mean slightly different things.

Great mod! It makes things feel more authentic and less English-centric.

I have a question though. I'm playing as Sukhotai/Ram Khamhaeng. I've noticed that there's two different spellings for the civ/city, and I'm curious if there is a reason for the difference. The capital city and full civ name use 'Sukhothai' with two 'h's, but the short description and adjective use 'Sukhotai'. I've seen both spellings but I can't quite figure out if they're just both accepted spellings or if they mean slightly different things.
Probably error. I have to check.

Top Bottom