Amazon pre-order watch thread

I had gotten an email telling me my shipment would arrive on the 21st, but then amazon bungled up my card info, and so the shipment got delayed to arriving on Tuesday, so I changed to one day shipping, but that is only going to get it to me on Monday.

I just talked with Amazon again. Transcript below:

rep: Hello, my name is rep. I'm here to help you today.
drfish: Hi, thank you.
rep: You are welcome. And I am so sorry that this order is not yet ship. NO worries let me check Do you have the order number?
drfish: ***************************
rep: Thank you. One moment.
rep: Is this the order: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition - PC ?
drfish: Yes. It comes out tomorrow. I thought it would have release day delivery but now it says Monday delivery.
I had it set to normal Prime shipping, but I change it to 1-day this morning since it didn't ship yesterday.
drfish: Now I am worried it won't arrive before this weekend.
rep: Oh that is the reason why it shows here that it is not yet release.
Actually we will ship this item item once the item is release.
drfish: So this game does not have the release day delivery that other pre-orders have?
You are 100% sure that it won't ship today?
rep: One moment. Let me verify that to my lead.
rep: I have ask my regards on this order. They advise me that since it will be release tomorrow. It will ship tomorrow too.
drfish: ok. thank you
rep: Alright. What do you want me to do with the order?
drfish: I guess I will leave it as it is for now.
rep: Ok. Thanks. Is there anything else aside from this?
drfish: It's very disappointing that it won't arrive by this weekend. No, that's all I needed to confirm.
rep: Sorry for that drfish. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com. Please click "End Chat". Enjoy the rest of your day. bye for now.

Does amazon in different places have different policies or what? oO
Good question. Mine says shipped, but hasn't changed status from where it was last night at 5 pm (still in WI). I've talked to them on the phone and through emails and get conflicting information (mainly on whether we'll get keys or not). I order from them a lot, but this is the first time I've ran into any issues. Hopefully everyone gets their deliveries as soon as possible. In the meantime, probably not a bad idea to keep calling them. Squeaky wheel and grease...

Good question. Mine says shipped, but hasn't changed status from where it was last night at 5 pm (still in WI). I've talked to them on the phone and through emails and get conflicting information (mainly on whether we'll get keys or not). I order from them a lot, but this is the first time I've ran into any issues. Hopefully everyone gets their deliveries as soon as possible. In the meantime, probably not a bad idea to keep calling them. Squeaky wheel and grease...
Well, they already handed over my package to DHL, so I guess there would be no point for me calling them. :D

Amazon says my collector's edition order is being prepared for shipping, is "Shipping soon" and should "Arrive Tomorrow by 8pm." I also live about 20 miles from a distribution center, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Amazon says my collector's edition order is being prepared for shipping, is "Shipping soon" and should "Arrive Tomorrow by 8pm." I also live about 20 miles from a distribution center, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Yeah, I'm not sure but I think there's also a distribution centre relatively close to me, so that might be a thing.

I checked and it's like 40km south. :p

Last edited:
Most likely, the problem we are seeing is on distribution from 2k itself. As I stated before, we had the fallout 4 pip boy special editions at least 2 weeks before the game was to be released in our fc, and there were orders being picked and sent to pack to be shipped out the week it released. Granted, that was a much bigger release than Civ 6, but I was expecting to see the civ 6 anniversary editions coming in at least last week, but never saw a one. So the lesser scale of this release at least did not trigger my fc to get full pallets of the product, or 2k did not send out enough to cover launch day arrival, so the initial shipment was distributed on "first come first serve" aka first fcs that got it served it to their customers first. Of course, that's not what first come first serve means...

I'm pretty mad at the situation; I wouldn't be able to play tomorrow anyway, I have to wait til Sunday at earliest to even see my computer, and then download the game (if I had my key) while I slept during the day (night shift) on my crap Internet, but still gave me Sunday night till work next Thursday (barring overtime on Wednesday) to play. At this moment i might as well not go home this "weekend" and save it for next as downloading Tuesday night and playing Wednesday if I don't have overtime is just a tease.

And I can't cancel it and order just the digital deluxe because it would end up being 20 dollars more than I paid for the anniversary edition.

Oh, first world problems...

Last edited:
I received the email that mine shipped this morning and is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I can also confirm that they did not email me a key when they shipped it. So I will have to wait for the physical copy to arrive. Maybe I'll come into work tomorrow, I had taken a vacation day for this.

I just got on email reply from customer service. Basically same info everyone else has gotten. They don't have it in the local fulfillment center yet. I did get a free upgrade to one day shipping but still will not get it till Monday. Fortunately for me I can play it at my local video game cafe if not on my own account. Better than nothing I suppose. Still fairly upset about it though as this was probably my last free weekend for a month.

Edit: just got an update that my order shipped. Has an estimate of Saturday though even though they said they upgraded my shipping. I will probably be contacting them again and hopefully getting better info.

Last edited:
Mine is still "expected to ship" the 21st with arrival the 25th. Which is odd because amazon stuff usually arrives faster than that even over weekends here in the Chicago burbs. And annoying because I'll be out of town next week and won't even be able to download it before I leave.

So my plan now is to sell the code from the my Anniversary Edition to a friend on Tuesday (for the price of the normal version) and buy the Digital Deluxe version now, so I can play it this weekend. As far as I know, the codes should redeem the exact same content, I just want to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious.

Hi, I'm new here :)

Just wanted to say that I got an email half an hour ago saying that my game just shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I live in Spain.

I decided to just cancel. It's not worth the wait.

Edit: Amazon won't let me cancel. Now I truly hate them.

Mine is still "expected to ship" the 21st with arrival the 25th. Which is odd because amazon stuff usually arrives faster than that even over weekends here in the Chicago burbs. And annoying because I'll be out of town next week and won't even be able to download it before I leave.

At least you have a shipping date.

I am also in the Chicago suburbs (west suburbs) and I am still waiting for shipping details. Le sigh....

I'm in the NW US and have no ship info at all. If I don't get my copy 'til Monday I'm going to be pissed. Have the whole weekend freed up to play. :sad:

Edit:
Just chatted with an Amazon rep with questionable customer skills. He/she said my order can't be updated because there's no payment info. That's BS because I see the payment info right on the order. Then he/she said it would be shipped the fastest way possible. I now have a delivery estimate of Monday. MONDAY. When I had my whole weekend totally freed up to play.

Last edited:
I've got it expected to arrive tomorrow, not entirely sure what time, but it's fairly close now.

I'm considering buying a steam version and playing for under 2 hours tonight and getting a refund and then using my physical version tomorrow.... I'm so desperate.

"We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date."
I chatted on the Amazon help line. I was offered a $5 promotional certificate for my inconvenience. Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Last edited:
Strangely enough, mine left Kenosha (WI) and went to Detroit, passing me by (I'm about half way in between). Still slated for Delivery tomorrow. They did give me an extra month of Prime for some reason. Not complaining but still puzzled by Amazon's handling of this.

Mine was shipped yesterday. Arrived at a Georgia facility this morning and states on Amazon that I should receive it by 8.00 tomorrow night (21st), although since it was shipped USPS, it should arrive around noon with the rest of our mail. On another thread someone did an "unpacking" of the game, and the code is on the back page of the 'manual.' So I doubt anyone will receive any type of email code from Amazon since it's internal to the package.

Top Bottom