America: The Ironclad Oath

A Foreshadowing (1877)
An Addendum

I write now as an end to a journey. An end to a struggle, an end to celebration, and an end to my wicked ways. I have lived long in the shadow of my own ignorance, and I have been led down the wrong road for what I seek. I have loved, as my father loved; I have fought, as my uncle fought. Now, standing at the end of the road with footprints settled and scuffed, I contemplate on my part in our history.

I will not be alive to see November, and I'd be damned if I am not remembered in infamy. But to you, Mary Ann, I hope you can see past the lies. I hope you can see beyond our prejudices, and see True Faith and Allegiance in ourselves.

Do not trust George Gordon.
- NB

So called it :D

I'm expecting something huge to happen. I don't know why, but I expect something. Probably naive of me :lol:

What did I say guys? Who knows, maybe Smith will come out of the closet soon.

It dies between parts since the time between them are so great compared to other stories.

Fair enough.

What happens when I get bored.

I'm still waiting for Part 2 to come in December... did he mean December 2015?

If RT died two years ago, who wrote the America story? D:

I'll give you one hint.
Spoiler :

I spent months in my idle time pre-writing the story behind Chapter II and III, and I just wanted to throw out what I was thinking since it's clear I'm not returning to write.

Chapter II was going to be called Heart and Soul. The narrator would be a mystery until a few stories in when you learn the narrator IS Forrest's heart and soul. A lot of allusions to the narrator actually being Forrest's heart would be used throughout the chapter, including metaphors of blood, kinship, etc. The narration abruptly ends with George Gordon shooting him to take over the klan. Some of the story details in the middle included him witnessing a negro who he actually befriended being hanged. As his neck snaps, I would parallel it with Forrest "snapping" and realizing that he's been a bastard and he should probably try to reverse slavery and racism to save his soul. This leads him to become alienated by the rest of the clan with George Gordon soon taking over for him. Music primarily used for this chapter would be Pink Floyd and other deep, melancholy, psychedelic music.

Chapter III was going to have a RIDICULOUS name like Sgt. Gordon's Awesome Genocide Club Klan, with a picture of the Sgt. Pepper album with every face replaced with a KKK mask. All the music used would be very happy, like the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album. The entire chapter would be oblivious to any morality, with the writing just being uppity and satirical.

When George Gordon dies around 1910, I was going to have a revolution to a monarchy government to coincide with the Second Wave of the KKK that historically happened during Wilson's administration.

Overall the dramatic change in Chapter II to a more abstract, personal, psychedelic tone is due in part to me wanting to write something more unique. I was also influenced by Caterpillar's stories. However, I imagine that in Chapter IV it would revert to the tone it had in Chapter I. More realistic, and more cinematic rather than musical.

It all sounded good but... it's a lot of work to write.

Well it would have been a wonderful story had it panned out.

Top Bottom