• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

America: The Ironclad Oath

Quick, somebody get that jokester guy from America: Birth of a Nation to make a newspaper parody called The Racist Times!

Tears are literally streaming from my face :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The day was fading away as the cool blue sky began to turn a darker navy blue color. The wind had been picking up all day and it was now more of a gale. Leaves flew around him as he rode down the dirt path on his horse. Gustavus resembled a turtle more than a military leader with the way he was scrunching into his woolen coat to protect himself against the wind. He could barely make out what was two feet in front of him. Was it a rock, a stick, or a bottomless chasm? He had no idea. He just knew to keep following this dusty path, and eventually he would get there. Then, in the distance, he saw a feint light flickering. It could easily be made out against the inky blackness of the now solid night. Upon arrival at the house, he stepped off his horse. Several slaves ran out to take his steed to the stable while he was greeted by his house servant.

"Hello master, how was your trip? May I take your coat?" She said with a certain drawl.

"Yes, Anna, thank you. It was fine." Gustavus handed her his coat and he proceeded to his private library. He walked up each step, slowly. Each step caused a new memory to enter into his mind. Not one was about Forrest's successful coup. He eventually made into his library where he proceeded to shut the door behind him. He lit some candles around the room, the fireplace, and then sat down. To his right sat some high-quality whiskeys from around he area and a glass. Smith took one and poured a small bit into a shot glass that was adorned with fancy gold etchings. He sat in his chair, legs crossed, staring at the mantle above the crackling brick fireplace. A woman and three children stared back into Smith's eyes as he took a sip. Then, quietly, he whispered to himself We did it Annabelle, just like I promised. He walked up to the picture frame, and flipped it on its front. He then sat his glass and himself down at a different desk. He pulled out a large scroll out from a shelf filled with many. He unfurled it and placed his bronze paper weights on all four corners. He studied the map intensely, placing small pieces of metal on it, as markers. The wind howled louder than ever, causing Gustavus to look out the window. He saw several of his people shivering as they attempted to cut firewood. They looked freezing. He walked over to the window and opened it.

"That's enough for today! Go inside and warm yourselves up! I can't afford for you to get frostbite!" He yelled out, only one heard him, but he told the others. Smith couldn't tell what they were saying back to him, but he assumed it was a thank you, and closed the window. He looked around and saw papers all over the floor from the wind. He sighed solemnly and sat back down next to his whiskey, pouring himself another glass. He flipped the picture back up and looked at it. He could feel his eyes beginning to get a bit wet, he choked down his glass before wiping at his face with his sleeve. He said to himself Why God, why did you take them from me? Why?. He was found asleep by his servant Anna before the break of dawn, she put a blanket over him and the left him alone. He wasn't asleep though. He never was.

Bah, I still need to finish Jacques's prologue. And I don't know really how it should end, since I don't know what he'll be doing for the KKK now that the war's done with. I do have a rough outline, though.

Mine was meant to be mildly depressing. Like how Forrest ran home and his wife ran into his arms or so. Yeah well... :p

You don't actually, it's just fun to make one :D

Character's Name: Felix Giedd III
Picture:

Date of Birth: August 23rd, 1832
Place of Birth: Hamburg, Prussia
Desired Position: Ghoul
Backstory: Felix Giedd III was the first son of a Prussian soldier from Hamburg. He has another brother named Joseph who lives in Hamburg currently. Felix Giedd III never had too much of a relationship with his father and brother, so he set sail back to America in his very late teens looking for a new life.

He arrived in North Carolina and then realized he had no real way to start himself off. He brought no money or inheritance, so he had nowhere to stay. He was welcomed in by a friendly plantation owner who saw him sitting outside of a general store. He stayed with that man, Henry Cliff, for two years until he had gathered enough money and resources to survive on his own.

Felix then moved to South Carolina near the agricultural areas of Charleston in order to establish a life. He started a cotton plantation, and hired some slaves to work for him. He then married a woman and had a son that very same year, and all was well until a slave was tired of him, and murdered his wife and son.

Felix was in an outrage, and lynched every one of his slaves, no matter who they were. This sparked a new kind of hatred inside of himself, and he set off to join a new group, the KKK. He quickly rose from the rank of Knight to Ghoul, and currently has high ambitions.

Nice reference :lol:

It was a cool day in Kingston, Jamaica, in the winter of 1855. Daniel Elliott lay asleep in the local inn.

"Yes, dear," he mumbled, half-asleep, "just like that."

Reginald, his negro servant-aide, shook him awake, "Master, wake up. The boat leaves in 2 hours."

"Unh.... yes, the boat," Elliott replied, still half-asleep, "What boat?"

"The boat to Charleston, boss. The boat to America," the servant answered.

"America!" Elliott snapped awake. "Yes, we must be ready. Has the carriage arrived yet?" Reginald nodded. "Good," Elliott said, "Then gather my belongs." Realizing he was dressed in only his undergarments, he added, "And fetch me some trousers while your at it, too."

The servant sped off, preparing everything for the journey to America. Daniel, pulling on some trousers, pulled back the curtains and opened the window. He felt the breeze of the sea, the salty smell of water in his nose. The water glistened with the reflection of the sun. America, Daniel thought. Of all places, why there? Father knows there's more profit to be made in the factories in Britain than in the cotton fields. Diversifying his portfolio, he calls it. Why do I put up with him? That thought resonated inside him. So far, he had only been a tool in his father's schemes. It was time to stake out a claim for his own. When he got to America, Daniel Elliott knew what he was going to do. He was out to make a fortune. No, not a fortune, a legacy. Not for his father, no, most certainly not. It would be his own. A legacy for all of posterity to relish.

((OOC: after this there is one prologue left, and that would be the part that I have yet to decide how it ends specifically. I'll need to contact RT about things. Also, RT, if you would, edit the OP to make my last prologue part called "Jacques Pamplemousse: The Summer of 1846: Immigration"))

Life in Louisiana was good on Jacques and his brothers. Their employer, Louis Beaumont, died in late 1851, without an heir to the property. On his death bed he wished that Jacques, Horace, and François would take ownership of all his property after his demise. This, of course, included the slaves.

Jacques and Horace agreed to co-lead the plantation, considering that neither of them especially wanted singular rule. François became the head overseer of slaves, and they feared him, for he was not merciful in his punishments. He strongly suspected the slaves of his father to have set the fire to the old plantation, and he would not soon forgive them for it. Horace did not share this thought, and rather thought it was a freak accident. Jacques was indifferent.

"Why should I care what happened to my father? He didn't care what happened to me, when he left me in France," Jacques would oft say when the issue was brought up.

"You may not care, brother, but I do. Father was a good man, whatever you may say, and the slaves had no right to kill him as they did," François would usually proceed to answer.

"I'm telling you, François, it wasn't the slaves. The only thing you can blame the slaves for is running when we were at our weakest, but you can hardly even blame them for that. Would not a beaten dog flee when the master could not run after him?" Horace would usually respond to François.

These conversations were not uncommon, and they often fueled François's rage at the slaves of the Pamplemousse family. Nonetheless, the slaves were productive, and the Pamplemousses earned a very large amount of money through selling sugar, and through their old business of buying and selling slaves. Jacques was a very good salesman at times, and he could talk the price of a slave up to twice its actual worth. Likewise, he could talk the price of a slave down to about half its worth. But the times in which he felt up to doing so were few and far between, and were usually interluded by long periods of seclusion from his brothers. At these times, Horace took up full leadership in his brother's stead, but the plantation was often worse off without Jacques there to aid in the control of things.

As they became richer and richer, the Pamplemousses bought more and more land. They became an influential family in Louisiana, and they were renowned as a symbol of what the American Dream truly is. Their story of success spread outward, from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. When the Civil War broke out, it was wondered what such a noble and influential family would do to support the war effort.

Spoiler :
Disclaimer: All of this post except for areas marked as "OOC" is in-character and does not reflect my actual views on any of the subjects discussed in this post. Any potentially offensive statements are those of the character, not me personally, and they are solely used for the purposes of making a realistic story.

Caterpillar, can you add that section to your original prologue?

Edit: Trexeric, just add it to your original prologue.

What do you mean? If the title then I did, and I meant to ask if you could change it on the link to the prologue on the OP.

This isn't a prologue. This is the parallel to what happened. It's a wholly separate story.

A Tale Of Three Cities

Spoiler :

(If you wish, the above music is supposed to accompany the following chapter)

A chief policy of the Confederate States of America's recovery was a rigid import agenda. With the starvation epidemic, the clothing shortages, and the severe diseases spread by lack of nutrition, the nation could not progress without outside resources. Allocating large amount of funds into these imports (with materials such as wine from France, silk from the Orientals, and seafood and grain from Britain), the citizens of the Confederacy began becoming content once again.

Spoiler :

Funds sitting in the treasury were drained into modernizing the military. Having beat the Union in discovering efficient ways of obtaining oil, oil-based ships began taking off in the ports of Georgia. Far superior to the ironclads, the military leaders in Richmond agreed that the naval war will be won. The first two "warships" to be made for oil were named the "CSS Forrest" and "CSS Smith".

Spoiler :

Shortly after Gustavus Smith rode off for Texas to analyze Bavy's actions, the Czar of Russia, Alexander the II, arrived in Richmond. After a cordial brunch and hour of sports in the gardens, Alexander asked to get to business. President Forrest, sitting with a tall stature and gazing at Alexander with curiosity and loathing, smoked on a pipe of recently grown tobacco in eastern Virginia. The Czar then demanded -half- the the Confederate Treasury in exchange for Russia recognizing the Confederacy as a legitimate nation. Forrest stood up, yelled and cursed and screamed, and concluded with "I will show the world that the Confederacy is legitimate by action, not by bribery!"

Spoiler :

Railroads, at their height before the Civil War, degraded and collapsed in addition to their destruction by opposing sides. Reconnecting Richmond to New Mexico was imperative, Forrest proclaimed, in ensuring a strong and hasty military campaign. It would also boost the economy.

Spoiler :

General Lee, late in December of 1864, took his army across the Appalachians and surprised the Confederacy in West Virginia. With slaves being planted in the area once again, tobacco plantations grew behind Lee's defensive line.

Spoiler :

In the west, Grand Dragon and General Shane Dewmont led a strong campaign against some raggedy bands of Union soldiers. "A catapult? ... I have no words." Trenches, manned by SMG forces, gave Dewmont a strong defense line as he waited for reinforcements of artillery from the east. In the meantime, plantation mogul Jacques Pamplemousse pledged that he would donate 50% of his profits to Dewmont's offensive, and he personally is serving as a riflemen on the front line.

Spoiler :

Directly in the north of Virginia, newly promoted Grand Dragon and General George Gordon led some skirmishers against the Union. The primary aim was to draw out the Union from their bases, and to give time for cities in eastern Virginia to recover and re-establish their plantations. Otto von Bismarck, newly appointed Prime Minister of Prussia, gave aid to the Confederacy when he ordered a small fleet of frigates to blockade New England. With a letter being drafted and sent to President Forrest, Bismarck personally congratulated Forrest on his "Plebeian revolution", and that he respected his capitulation and defeat of the foreign races.

Spoiler :

London

Spoiler :

"Order! Order!" shouted a British politician in parliament. "We are gathered here today to discuss the American Civil War and who to side with." "I say we side with the Union!" "Shush!" "Alright," began speaking Foreign Secretary John Russell, "as of know I can postulate that the Confederacy will win the war. They have defeated the give-em-all-you-got offensives of Grant, and their economy is coming back. Of course, thanks to the Empire." The parliament began snickering, with some loose applause. "We do most our trading with the Confederacy; they give us a great jolly heap of income. On the other hand, their society is... questionable. Terrorizing their own citizens, and still enslaving this far into the 19th century? Reginald, what do you think?" A British man with a burly blonde mustache stood up and cleared his throat. With a slight Welsh accent, he said, "It does not matter what they are like now. It matters how we deal with them now and after the war." "Good thinking, Reginald."

After a small tea break, the parliament reconvened. Russell took the spotlight and once again began postulating, "I believe we have an opportunity to regain the Oregon Territory. The Confederacy would be daft to attack our forces in Canada right now, and a collapsed Union would mean an easy annexation of the land which is... frankly, ours rightfully. Any other American possession would be contested. A war with either of them DURING their Civil War would only make them put aside their differences as they defend themselves... similar to what happened with General Forrest's coup. So, I think I speak on behalf of several educated men here when I state that after the Union collapses, we take the Oregon Territory, and we really stick our hand out to the Confederacy as a friend and trading partner. If they want to squabble over Oregon, we can threaten cutting off their imports." The rant was met with applause from parliament, who later that day agreed to expand trading with the Confederacy by 200%.

Muqdisho

Spoiler :

A baby cries as a large, tall Somali man claws the infant from his mother's arms. "Waxa uu ilmahayga! Ilmahaygu!" she cried as she fell to the ground, defeated by the Somali's superior strength. As the group left, the dust of the arid terrain all but made the scenario seem to fade away.

Reaching the ports, the Somali men shook hands with Confederate slavers. "Now you boys did well. For this lot here, we'll give the full reward of produce that you wanted." The slaver, with a greying goatee and a gray outfit, watched as his crew dragged men and women of all ages onto the steam boat. With a wicked smile, he waved to the Somalis as he climbed back on the ship and sailed for New Orleans.

The Somali men returned to their villages exhausted. Their wives asked if their day went successful, and they praised Allah for a full payment and a week's supply of food. Overwhelmed with joy, they danced and hugged and celebrated the night away. Meanwhile in the upper villages on the borders of Ethiopia, the doors creaked and slammed in the heavy wind -- reverberating through the entire, barren village.

Houston

Spoiler :

Grand Dragon Gustavus Smith peaked over the arid hills with some newly recruited Kuklux members. "Alright men, now the primary goal is -not to be caught-. If you are, give no information away that you are official Kuklux members, and definately don't give no information that I gave you orders." Running down into the village, they split up and disguised themselves as common citizens. Smith was astounded by the amount of influence Bavy has put in the region. Signs such as "NO CATHOLICKS" were seen in some abandoned shop windows; right next to the shatter in the glass. Signs that demanded volunteers for the Texas Militia were also posted into the ground. Going into a tavern, Smith picked up rumors of white slaves on distant plantations.

Convening with the rest of his den, Smith concluded that John Bavy was acting against federal laws, and overstepping his power. He sent a messenger to report to Forrest about the development, and Smith himself took the remaining den and traveled for Kentucky to prepare for an offensive against Chicago.

"Forrest is planning for a fake theocracy, Unite with John Bavy as he was chosen by God"

"Forrest plans to destroy the legislative branch and tax us without representation unless we declare our Independence"

"Forrest plans to destroy the idea and foundation of federalism and instead, make a Unitarian government. Join with John Bavy as he will increase state rights"

"Did you know that Forrest plans to kill every protestants and obey the pope? Stop it now by joining with John Bavy"

"Did you know that studies show that white poor people work twice as hard as a black slave? Join with John Bavy to earn a fortunate from white slave"

The flyers could be seen all over Texas. On top of that, John Bavy founded the "Texas Times" where, under a pseudonym, he stated that independence would benefit Texas. He founded many organizations, such as "Better Church Tomorrow", and "The Veterans Society." Meeting with many plantation owners and newly wealthy oil barons, he promised far-reaching influence in the Texas government for financial support. Brushing off the dirt from his uniform and kicking his heels with his boots, he would often come out of a meeting with a wealthy aristocrat by looking up at the sky and thanking God for allowing him to be the chosen one.

UPDATE: The post was quickly updates such that spoilers were below their explanatory paragraph, as opposed to above. Also, a correction was made to the naming of the ships.

Top Bottom